List of fellow adventurers while on a trip

SonnyEclipseFan

Earning My Ears
We just got back from the Italy adventure and we were told that Disney does not provide a list of all the people in your group any longer. This was our third advenrure and the first where we did not get the names of each person and their home town. Is this a change that impacts all trips, or just Italy?

Thanks

We just got back from the Italy adventure and we were told that Disney does not provide a list of all the people in your group any longer. This was our third advenrure and the first where we did not get the names of each person and their home town. Is this a change that impacts all trips, or just Italy?

Thanks
Same policy across the board. I had hoped for at least a list of first names, as people are still free to exchange info at the end of the trip. But Disney didn't budge on this new policy-- must have been a privacy issue on a prior trip...

I forgot to put this in the report i just finished! Same thing with us on our July 2019 Japan ABD. It was really a bummer as it took much longer to learn people's names. We usually use the list as a cheat sheet when people stop wearing name tags.

I forgot to put this in the report i just finished! Same thing with us on our July 2019 Japan ABD. It was really a bummer as it took much longer to learn people's names. We usually use the list as a cheat sheet when people stop wearing name tags.
Same here. Plus, if I learned the name of half of a couple, I could cheat & figure out what the other one's name is. I was pretty sad about not getting the list, to be honest.

Sayhello

Thanks
Is this the list they usually hand out the first day of the trip? My last ABD was 2 years ago, so this is new to me as well.

Is this the list they usually hand out the first day of the trip? My last ABD was 2 years ago, so this is new to me as well.
Yep, that's what's being talked about. I went to Japan in May, and there was no list. :(

Sayhello

We just returned from Croatia ( June, July) with Tauck and we received a guest list with home towns. Everyone is a little different I guess.

We just returned from Croatia ( June, July) with Tauck and we received a guest list with home towns. Everyone is a little different I guess.
No list during April Japan trip either-- I asked about a list of first names only, but no luck.

What spiral handbooks were you referring to?
The Adventure Handbook that you get with "the box" with all the specific details for your trip, your daily itinerary, etc. It's apparently going digital, and you won't be getting a physical booklet anymore. A lot of us are not happy with not having at least the option to ask for a hard copy of it. I, personally, use it as a keepsake for all my trips. I mean, you can't get a full catalog anymore, either, just the "destination guide". I'm pretty sad they've cheaped out. It can't cost that much to print them, especially if you only send them to people who request them....

Sayhello

The Adventure Handbook that you get with "the box" with all the specific details for your trip, your daily itinerary, etc. It's apparently going digital, and you won't be getting a physical booklet anymore. A lot of us are not happy with not having at least the option to ask for a hard copy of it. I, personally, use it as a keepsake for all my trips. I mean, you can't get a full catalog anymore, either, just the "destination guide". I'm pretty sad they've cheaped out. It can't cost that much to print them, especially if you only send them to people who request them....

Sayhello

So....I married a Geek. We made Hard Copies of *most* of the Handbook (sans Pack List) for our next ABD. I am going to write down first names and who goes with who on the first night, so at least I have a Chance! I saw that some people made business cards to hand out at the end...so I'm taking those as well. I don't care who knows I am part of the "family of Adventurers".

So....I married a Geek. We made Hard Copies of *most* of the Handbook (sans Pack List) for our next ABD. I am going to write down first names and who goes with who on the first night, so at least I have a Chance! I saw that some people made business cards to hand out at the end...so I'm taking those as well. I don't care who knows I am part of the "family of Adventurers".
Are you saying you printed out something? That's not easy, and does not last like the booklet does. But I may have to just accept that. I don't like it....

Sayhello

Are you saying you printed out something? That's not easy, and does not last like the booklet does. But I may have to just accept that. I don't like it....

Sayhello
I don't like it, either. I have all the old Booklets as a keepsake along with the tickets from the various places we visited.

Sayhello
Yes, we "made" pseudo-Booklets for the trip. We don't like it, either! Interesting...I sent two emails to ABD recently...one about the Adventure Handbook and one about making ABD hats with velcro closures and having the ABD luggage scale available. Guess which ones they answered? I'll give you a hint...they did NOT answer my opinion on the lack of handbooks!

Not saying I don't LOVE ABD, but I was extremely disappointed to open our Box without the Adventure Handbook!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!