List of Disney World running paths

flav

Loving My Ears
Looking for a list of running paths of various lenghts around Disney World.
I will edit this post with your suggestions.

Resorts short paths (less than 2 miles):
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/jogging/

Longer paths

Last edited:
Check out satellite view on google maps to see where there might be paths or sidewalks. There doesn't look to be a lot, I'm planning on a couple of resort loops when I'm there next month.

MapMyRun has routes around Disney of varying quality (some are just recorded race routes and not things you can actually run) but some may be useful. This 5 mile route looks promising "The entire route is on sidewalks or paths and there is no vehicular conflicts except after mile three where there is no sidewalk for about 1/8 mile."

This 5 mile route looks promising "The entire route is on sidewalks or paths and there is no vehicular conflicts except after mile three where there is no sidewalk for about 1/8 mile."

That route looks really good except for that part where you have to climb over the Swan Hotel... :rotfl:

In all seriousness, I'll have to try this one sometime when I'm down there.

Looking for a list of running paths of various lenghts around Disney World.
I will edit this post with your suggestions.

Resorts short paths (less than 2 miles):
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/jogging/

Longer paths

I use Gmaps-pedometer to map out and build a lot of runs.

This is one side of my Hilton Bonnet Creek-Carribean Beach -Hourglass lake run. If you make it a loop covering the other sides of the lake on the way back it's about 9 miles.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7138946

By using the Saratoga Springs Nature Trail (along the canal between OKW and Disney Springs) you can lay out a long run through Disney Springs, Saratoga Springs, and OKW. If you are careful you can get over to the Port Orleans resorts.

We're staying at POFQ and could do with a route longer than the one around there & Riverside. Are there any options other than multiple loops?

If you run back and forth enough between the TTC, the Poly, and the Grand Floridian you end up with a half marathon. :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

If I don't remember wrongly the path around hourglass lake at AoA/Pop is around 1 mile.

But I was just at Pop last week and the resort map they have now doesn't show the path around hourglass lake, instead it shows a path that is completely within Pop grounds. (Didn't manage to run this time due to first trying to prep for the hurricane and then leaving early because of the hurricane!)

We're staying at POFQ and could do with a route longer than the one around there & Riverside. Are there any options other than multiple loops?
Looks like miker1251 has some answers...
By using the Saratoga Springs Nature Trail (along the canal between OKW and Disney Springs) you can lay out a long run through Disney Springs, Saratoga Springs, and OKW. If you are careful you can get over to the Port Orleans resorts.

This is an area I have never been to except for Disney Spring. So could you please help fill the blanks and explain how it could be made in one path?
Run around Disney Spring 2mi
Hop on the Saratoga Spring Nature Path Trail (resort has two different loops: 1.4mi and 0.8mi)
Go to OKW Conch Trail (1.3mi but is this a loop?)
Cross the street (where?) run next to the Sassagoula River at POFQ, run around the lake at POR (1mi)

I guess that would make for a 6 mile run?

If I don't remember wrongly the path around hourglass lake at AoA/Pop is around 1 mile.

But I was just at Pop last week and the resort map they have now doesn't show the path around hourglass lake, instead it shows a path that is completely within Pop grounds. (Didn't manage to run this time due to first trying to prep for the hurricane and then leaving early because of the hurricane!)
I'll ask the question on the Pop Century thread in a couple of weeks (when things return to normal).

I've never specifically run POR -> Saratoga Springs golf path - but it does appear that in order to do it you have to do a little bit (less than 50 meters) of cutting through some trees to get to it

There is a path fully around hourglass lake and it is a mile long.

Looks like miker1251 has some answers...

This is an area I have never been to except for Disney Spring. So could you please help fill the blanks and explain how it could be made in one path?
Run around Disney Spring 2mi
Hop on the Saratoga Spring Nature Path Trail (resort has two different loops: 1.4mi and 0.8mi)
Go to OKW Conch Trail (1.3mi but is this a loop?)
Cross the street (where?) run next to the Sassagoula River at POFQ, run around the lake at POR (1mi)

I guess that would make for a 6 mile run?

Attached is a Riverside-OKW-SSR-Disney Springs map. It's a little over 4 and a half miles each way. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7141062

There is about a 1 mile path around Hourglass Lake at AoA/POP. I ran that one several times in April the week before the Dark Side on my taper. Also the path at CBR is currently incomplete due to construction in several places. If you run it end to end and take the bridge near the pool/dining, I got a little over 4 miles out of 3 complete laps of it last week.

There is about a 1 mile path around Hourglass Lake at AoA/POP. I ran that one several times in April the week before the Dark Side on my taper. Also the path at CBR is currently incomplete due to construction in several places. If you run it end to end and take the bridge near the pool/dining, I got a little over 4 miles out of 3 complete laps of it last week.
I was hoping to run to CBR from Pop in November but if the path is under contruction, I'll reconsider. Thanks for the update!

Attached is a Riverside-OKW-SSR-Disney Springs map. It's a little over 4 and a half miles each way. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7141062
That was exactly was I had been looking for, thank you!
I am now tempted to run this on my arrival day in November. After going to the Expo, I could have a light lunch/snack at POFQ then run this and take the bus back from Disney Spring to my resort!

A couple of excellent maps - staying at POR and BC so that Boardwalk one looks good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!