List of Disney/Disney-owned movies until 2022

Poog

Earning My Ears
Hello! I have been working on a list of predicted and set release dates for future Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios, Disney, and Pixar movies.
I have been working on this list since late September 2018 and recently I edited it. There is a lot of predicted movies, and I would like to know if anyone knows more release dates or a more reasonable release date for a movie listed.
Here's the list:
Frozen 2 - November 22nd
Maleficent 2: Mistress of Evil - October 18th
Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker - December 20th
Onward - March 6th, 2020
Mulan (live-action remake) - March 27th, 2020
Black Widow - May 1st, 2020
Artemis Fowl - May 29th, 2020
Soul - June 19th, 2020
Jungle Cruise - July 24th, 2020
The One and Only Ivan - August 14th, 2020
Eternals - November 6th, 2020
Animated Minnie Movie (Untitled) - November 25th, 2020
Cruella - December 23rd, 2020
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - February 12th, 2021
Disenchanted (sequel) - March 12th, 2021
Doctor Strange 2: In the Multiverse of Madness - May 7th, 2021
The Little Mermaid (live-action remake) - May 28th, 2021
Indiana Jones 5 (untitled) - July 9th, 2021
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (live-action remake) - July 30th, 2021
Pinocchio (live-action remake) - October 8th, 2021
Thor: Love and Thunder - November 5th, 2021
Blade - February 18th, 2022
Spider-Man 3 (untitled) - May 6th, 2022
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (live-action remake) - May 27th, 2022
Prince Charming - July 8th, 2022
Fantastic Four - July 29th, 2022
Peter Pan (live-action remake) - October 7th, 2022
Tink - November 4th, 2022

Last edited:
Predicted movies mean that they don't have set release dates, but predicted release dates. I only put movies that have been announced. They're all in order of release and if there are any questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited:
There's a lot to look forward to on that list! You didn't include any Fox films though.

Well, I didn't include the Fox films that were being made and produced before Disney bought Fox, so they're not really 'Disney' movies.

Saw the trailer for Onward today while seeing Toy Story 4, and it looks really good!

Personally, I'm also excited about a lot of these live-action remakes. As an adult Disney lover, I feel like these movies are their way of saying they acknowledge and value us and our nostalgia for the classics.

After seeing TS4 today, I want to see a live-action/Pixar animation combo Toy Story movie a few years from now in the spirit of Christopher Robin that features grown Andy reuniting with his most beloved and loyal toy.

Your list is pretty good, but what I will say is that the sequel to The Jungle Book is likely to come out by 2022 considering how much John Favreau already has established (in terms of character models, setting, etc.) to make a sequel relatively quickly; it won't need as much work as creating a world from scratch. I'm confused about the "Animated Minnie Movie," because I haven't heard of the project, and I feel as though something that was more reported on (like The Dragon Empire) is more reasonable for that slot. Also, some people speculate that the Snow White and the Seven Dwarves remake may be what occupies the 2/17/23 slot, as it'll be the 85th anniversary of the original, but I'm not too sure about that reasoning. This blog that I recently found is a bit outdated, but there are a few interesting points in their speculation of release dates that I think makes it worth checking out (search for "rumored - thentertainmenthub - WordPress.com," since it won't let me share the link).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!