Liquid vitamin

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
I know their is a limit on liquids but will they accept a doctors note for a over the counter vitamin I would ship it but I was told never to dhip medication of any kind

If your checking a bag I would decant some to put 3oz in your 3-1-1 bag so you have at least that much in your carry on bag and pack the remainder in your checked bag. This way you should have enough for a couple days if your checked bag is delayed. (Not sure how much you would need each day?)

If you are trying to pack carry on only then maybe decant what you need into more than one 3oz container and place them in your 3-1-1 bag.

Stong posiblity i am going to Colorado for Thanksgiving so carry on only not possible i wish it was think tropical climate to the mountains

J
I know their is a limit on liquids but will they accept a doctors note for a over the counter vitamin I would ship it but I was told never to dhip medication of any kind
No. A Doctors note doesn’t allow larger liquid volume in Carry Ons. You will have to pack it in checked bag or buy it at your destination

My sister travels with liquid formula for her feeding tube pump. It cannot be checked. Put you meds including the liquid vitamin in it’s own separate zip lock gallon or quart and declare it as medical. They may or may not wand the contents. I have also done this before. Just declare it as medically necessary.

Stong posiblity i am going to Colorado for Thanksgiving so carry on only not possible i wish it was think tropical climate to the mountains
I'm confused. If carry-on only is not a possibility, and what is the point of the question? Apparently you will be checking a bag. Your liquid vitamins can go in a checked bag with no issue whatsoever.

tamins aren't
IMO, this would be taing unreasonable advantage the exception. Vitamins aren't medically necessry the way feeding tube formula is .
I would not do that i told a pharmacist my predicament and she gave me two plsstic bottles to poor the liquid vitamin that fits tsa regulations regularly

Non liqud question how many carry ons can you have traveling in winter makes me nevous

1. I can not make it to my destination in a timely mater

2. Or they can lose my lugage

So i was going to bring mt purse that unfortunately looks like a backpack

And a duffle bag with my meds and 1 or 2 days worth of clothes

I would not do that i told a pharmacist my predicament and she gave me two plsstic bottles to poor the liquid vitamin that fits tsa regulations regularly

Non liqud question how many carry ons can you have traveling in winter makes me nevous

1. I can not make it to my destination in a timely mater

2. Or they can lose my lugage

So i was going to bring mt purse that unfortunately looks like a backpack

And a duffle bag with my meds and 1 or 2 days worth of clothes
Depends on the airline. Most US airlines are 1 carry on and a personal item:
-Carry on has to fit in the overhead bin and meet the size regulations of the airline you are flying on.
-Personal item that has to fit under the seat in front of you. This can be a backpack (I have a fairly large one I fly with as my "personal item" all the time).

Note that I said "most." Spirit and other low cost carriers charge for the carry-on while more mainstream allow it on the flight for free. Have to check your individual airline to be 100% sure.

Depends on the airline. Most US airlines are 1 carry on and a personal item:
-Carry on has to fit in the overhead bin and meet the size regulations of the airline you are flying on.
-Personal item that has to fit under the seat in front of you. This can be a backpack (I have a fairly large one I fly with as my "personal item" all the time).

Note that I said "most." Spirit and other low cost carriers charge for the carry-on while more mainstream allow it on the flight for free. Have to check your individual airline to be 100% sure.
I have a strong feeling it will be delta

Delta requirements for carry-ons:
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/baggage/during-your-trip/carry-on.html
ONE BAG. ONE ITEM. NO CHARGE.
We know, you’ve probably heard it before, but just in case you need a reminder: you’re only allowed one carry-on bag and one personal item onboard at no charge. Just make sure they fit into the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. Cram sessions are not pretty — and they slow things down.

SO WHAT EXACTLY IS ALLOWED?

Approved Personal Items
  • 1 purse, briefcase, camera bag or diaper bag
  • or 1 laptop computer (computers cannot be checked)
  • or 1 item of a similar or smaller size to those listed above
Additional Approved Items
The following items do not count as personal items (they’re freebies):
  • A jacket and/or umbrella
  • Food or drink purchased after clearing the security checkpoint
  • Duty-free merchandise
  • Special itemsopens in a new window like strollers, child restraint seats or assistive devices such as wheelchairs or crutches
CARRY-ON SIZE RESTRICTIONS

It won’t fit. Three words you don’t want to hear when trying to board. To avoid delays and possible checked bag fees, follow these size requirements:
  • Baggage may not exceed 45 linear inches (or 114 cm) in combined length, width and height, including any handles and wheels, with the exception of small musical instruments that fit in the overhead compartment space or under-seat space available at the time of boarding
  • Baggage must meet carry on size limits (approximately 22" x 14" x 9" or 56 x 35 x 23 cm). Reference size check templates located at ticket counters and gates.
Passengers traveling on Delta Connection flights, and only those flights with fifty (50) seats or less, are only permitted to carry personal items on board the aircraft due to limited overhead space. Personal items must be able to fit securely under the seat in front of the passenger. All carry-on bags within Delta's size restrictions will be gate checked, free of charge, during the boarding process and returned upon deplaning. Please ensure that a pink Gate Claim/Planeside tag is securely attached to the carry-on item. Assistive devices are not subject to this restriction.

How much do you need to take for your trip? (Sorry if I missed it). I'd put 3 ounces in a plastic bottle, and pack the rest in my luggage.

I travel with needles and liquid medication in ampules, and no one has ever blinked an eye at me. However, I did carry the actual prescription with me in case they wanted to see it (they didn't). But my amples are small, individual bottles that are single use. I just put those in their own baggie separately than the "3-1-1 liquids" and put them in the trays in security when you have to take out all food, liquids, computers, ipads, shows, etc, to go through security. (I went on at least 7 or 8 long trips with this medication, through security, even overseas three times).

But yes, if they take your carryon away because it's a small plane, they give you a pink tag to put on it, and then it's waiting for you at the next airport to pick up.

I'm confused. If carry-on only is not a possibility, and what is the point of the question? Apparently you will be checking a bag. Your liquid vitamins can go in a checked bag with no issue whatsoever.

She was responding to the question just before, talking about if she’s doing carryon-only etc.

I dont thinknthe tsa agent wsnts to hear my sob story on how i am dangerously low on irion not that he would by it

I think that an iron supplement wouldn’t be questioned at all as a medical necessity. It IS a medical necessity, whether you follow western medicine or traditional medicine.

I’d figure out how many doses you’ll need and decant that amount (plus a little extra in case of delays) into something and put it into a medical baggie.

I wouldn’t be so worried about luggage issues that you move away from your comfort zone of checking a bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!