linking cash vs dvc reservations

WDWNY

DIS Veteran
Out of curiosity, i was wondering..
Why can we link 2 DVC reservations so we don't have to change rooms but you can't link cash reservations so you are guaranteed the same room?

Once I booked 2 different cash reservations because a special offer was ending in the middle of the stay and the new one was starting the next day so it came out cheaper to book it that way. But Disney couldn't promise me I would be in the same room for both reservations.

Because of how the reservation systems are structured from an IT perspective. Pretty sure it is an architectural issue in the databases.

Because of how the reservation systems are structured from an IT perspective. Pretty sure it is an architectural issue in the databases.
Plus not only does the system not know which it will be, there's no way for the resort to know well ahead of time. That said, they will put you in the same room if you ask appropriately almost all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter