Linked reservations

kmccain

DIS Veteran
This will be our 4th camping trip but the first with our DS and his wife in their own camper. What are the chances that we will be next to each other if we link the reservation? We were 500 days out last week so I asked to have our reservations made by my aaa girl this far in advance. What about loop requests, is that too much to ask? Thank you!

My understanding is that linking the reservations helps with getting sites near each other. You can request a loop, but it is just that a request. Being that you would be looking to be in two campsites side by side, I would think the chance of honoring a loop request would go down. I would not worry about that request until you are closer to your date, as they do not assign sites until about 3 days before your arrival. It is a giant puzzle, and bless the person who has to do it.

Thank you PaHunter! Yes God Bless them! I cant imagine that job. I was thinking of leaving off the loop for that reason. Do you think it would be a good idea to call around the 3 day? Normally I wouldn't care but we cook and eat together. We're coming from NEPa

We call with our requests for loop and camper information about 60 days out. The only reason we bother with our camper information is being 43 feet with 6 slideouts, I like to make sure our site is big enough.
Have made the last 3 trips to Disney from Tobyhanna, we are now in Harrisburg. So our trip is now 2 hours shorter.

Lucky your 2 hours less now! We are North of Scranton in Dimock.
I got my reservation today and put it in My Disney Experience but not seeing how to link. Is that done there or does Disney have that information.

Lucky your 2 hours less now! We are North of Scranton in Dimock.
I got my reservation today and put it in My Disney Experience but not seeing how to link. Is that done there or does Disney have that information.

I have not done so before, but IIRC, you need your reservation number and the one from the family member and call the Reservations line, they can link them together.
I believe also under reservations online you can link it to your MDE, but again have not done it so not completely sure.

I learned something today I would like to pass on. We have my Sons and my reservations liked on My Disney Experience but the cast member told me there has to be a "travel with" on the reservations also. This is something that only they can see and that's how they keep you together.

We have been doing this for 30 Years. First it was a group of my families friends, mostly all Millwrights that stayed July 4 week every year about 5 sets of us. To today just 3 sets of our family. Disney has always put us together as best they can.

Just make sure your reservations were linked, that you all have the same type of reservations for example: all of you have Premium. They can not have you close by if one has Full and the other has Preferred. They are different types os loops and very different areas of the resort. So if everyone has the same type, they will do all they can to keep you together. Also about a week and half before I type up a detailed list of each family members trailer size (as my dads is HUGE) with reservation numbers (I have already previously called and made sure they are linked, which I make them all at the same time and do it then but I always double check). Along with loops preferences and alot of thank yous and how much we love the fort and the CMs. We always get our first or second loop choices. I dont really worry about sites as there are three to fill and I do not want to give the Ninja Tetris builder CM to much to try to accommodate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!