Linked Park Tickets getting lost in space on My Disney Experience - Please check your account!!

suebeelin

DIS Veteran
FYI -- Apparently there are technical issues with My Disney Experience. Linked Park Tickets are disappearing, and entire profiles lost.

Please check your park tickets to make sure they are all there, and linked. I called the internet help line, and there was an hour wait to speak to an agent. Apparently, this has been happening for two weeks.

We personally "lost" 8 of 14 tickets that we had linked to various members of our family and extended family. They said that WITHOUT THE TICKET NUMBERS OR CONFIRMATION CODES, they could not find our tickets and escalate it so that Disney will look for it and reconnect the tickets back to your account. Basically you're SOL if you don't have your confirmation code or ticket numbers. That bothered me very much. So much for technical excellence and reliability (which we know is not Disney's forte).

Thank god I went through all my tickets back in January of 2017, line by line, and wrote down every ticket number. I did not have my DVC promo ticket numbers (back from 2016, I think) but was able to find the confirmation number in my email.

I was on the phone with the internet technical help desk woman for over an hour going through EVERY TICKET number, and discovered that EIGHT tickets were lost (5 and 7 day MYW park hoppers for both adults and children) out of 14 unused tickets that we have in "storage" for future use. That's appx $3k in tickets that they "lost", and I had to go digging around for the ticket numbers to make sure they will "find" the tickets again... someday... since it's being escalated. I'm assuming they haven't found our tickets yet, although the woman promised that the tickets weren't lost bc I have the ticket numbers. Her explanation was neither reassuring nor did it make sense. The tickets are currently "lost", why couldn't she just admit to that fact? Escalating the ticket number to a more senior technical expert does not mean the tickets aren't LOST. It just means that they will promise to find the ticket again, somehow, with the ticket number. Note: SOMEHOW.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know to check their profiles to see any unused tickets that you have linked to your profile have "disappeared". I'm glad I called it, even though it was almost 3 hours of my life. $3k is not chump change.

The help desk number is 407-939-4357, hit option 4.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
They should have offered you compensation for your lost time on their screw up!
I agree but its the technical help desk... can they offer me compensation? EIGHT TICKETS, at between $300-450 each. That's so messed up. I can't believe they lost so many tickets. What if I had thrown out the ticket numbers assuming that linking the tickets means I don't need the number anymore?? WHAT IF. I can't even imagine.

I agree but its the technical help desk... can they offer me compensation? EIGHT TICKETS, at between $300-450 each. That's so messed up. I can't believe they lost so many tickets. What if I had thrown out the ticket numbers assuming that linking the tickets means I don't need the number anymore?? WHAT IF. I can't even imagine.

Might want to talk to a supervisor about the whole situation, the more the upper management deals with unhappy customers the higher probability that something might actually get fixed.

Isn't technology wonderful? I had my discounted DVC AP voucher disappear that I plan to activate in less than 2 weeks. It's currently back but it could disappear again. Need to order one for my mom but I'm afraid to with everything that's been going on the past couple of weeks.

That is crazy! So glad you had the numbers and could get them back. We also have some tickets stored up for future use. One of my old unactivated APs from a few years ago has been missing for a couple of weeks as well as 1 of 3 DVC promo 6 day passes. I hope I can find the confirmation codes! Thanks for pointing that out before I attempt to contact them without the numbers. Also a Gold Pass that I added for DH for an upcoming trip went missing for a day and then mysteriously appeared again just in time to book our FPs.

When I bought Disney tickets, I received physical tickets. When I stayed at Disney, I received a magic band. I then logged into Disney Experience and entered this information on the web site. If the Disney Experience web site "lost" the information, I still have the tickets and the magic band. Did you have physical tickets or a magic band?

Also just verified with my spouse that our daughter lost her silver pass one year and all she had to do was show ID to get a replacement.

Also, please explain how you store tickets for future use?

Last edited:
When I bought Disney tickets, I received physical tickets. When I stayed at Disney, I received a magic band. I then logged into Disney Experience and entered this information on the web site. If the Disney Experience web site "lost" the information, I still have the tickets and the magic band. Did you have physical tickets or a magic band?

Also just verified with my spouse that our daughter lost her silver pass one year and all she had to do was show ID to get a replacement.

Also, please explain how you store tickets for future use?
We’ve never had physical tickets from Disney. All bought online through MDE or via approved ticket sellers. If the ticket no longer shows in their system & if you didn’t keep your email receipt, your ticket is gone. The band just reads what’s on your MDE acct but stores nothing.

As for storing tickets, this used to work when tix didn’t expire & is still useful for APs if you have funds available & are trying to avoid upcoming price hikes. Most make a fake person on their MDE acct & transfer the tix to that profile. That way the wrong set of tix don’t accidentally get used when you enter a park & you don’t have to first stop at GS to have your tix prioritized if you have more than one set attached to your name.

So how do you get through the gate to a park if you don't have a physical ticket or magic band? Do you print out a piece of paper from the Disney Experience web site?

So how do you get through the gate to a park if you don't have a physical ticket or magic band? Do you print out a piece of paper from the Disney Experience web site?
You need a MB or card to pull up the info on your account, but with the latest IT debacle, people’s info on the acct (ie the tix they paid to be able to access via MB or card) have gone poof. Nothing there for the MB / card to pull up.

FYI -- Apparently there are technical issues with My Disney Experience. Linked Park Tickets are disappearing, and entire profiles lost.

Please check your park tickets to make sure they are all there, and linked. I called the internet help line, and there was an hour wait to speak to an agent. Apparently, this has been happening for two weeks.

We personally "lost" 8 of 14 tickets that we had linked to various members of our family and extended family. They said that WITHOUT THE TICKET NUMBERS OR CONFIRMATION CODES, they could not find our tickets and escalate it so that Disney will look for it and reconnect the tickets back to your account. Basically you're SOL if you don't have your confirmation code or ticket numbers. That bothered me very much. So much for technical excellence and reliability (which we know is not Disney's forte).

Thank god I went through all my tickets back in January of 2017, line by line, and wrote down every ticket number. I did not have my DVC promo ticket numbers (back from 2016, I think) but was able to find the confirmation number in my email.

I was on the phone with the internet technical help desk woman for over an hour going through EVERY TICKET number, and discovered that EIGHT tickets were lost (5 and 7 day MYW park hoppers for both adults and children) out of 14 unused tickets that we have in "storage" for future use. That's appx $3k in tickets that they "lost", and I had to go digging around for the ticket numbers to make sure they will "find" the tickets again... someday... since it's being escalated. I'm assuming they haven't found our tickets yet, although the woman promised that the tickets weren't lost bc I have the ticket numbers. Her explanation was neither reassuring nor did it make sense. The tickets are currently "lost", why couldn't she just admit to that fact? Escalating the ticket number to a more senior technical expert does not mean the tickets aren't LOST. It just means that they will promise to find the ticket again, somehow, with the ticket number. Note: SOMEHOW.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know to check their profiles to see any unused tickets that you have linked to your profile have "disappeared". I'm glad I called it, even though it was almost 3 hours of my life. $3k is not chump change.

The help desk number is 407-939-4357, hit option 4.

Hope this helps.

Yup, several days ago, MDE lost our XMAS Party tickets. For whatever reason? THIS was the year that WDW stopped sending out E-Tickets for Special events.

But we bought these via CC. Sure enough, I had the CC transaction Data. We CALLED. Message was simple -

"No EMAILED Confirmation Number? CC Challenge".

Yup, that IS sort of Hardball :(. We got an emailed CNF Number within minutes. Took the "Website" (really one of the crashed backend Data Bases) DAYS to recover.

This was the ONLY data that "vanished" for us.... and the ONLY data that WDW never issued a CNF number for. Trip, Hotel, Dining - all good. Someone at WDW apparently had a back end DB Backup tape, and the affected System was restored from backup. OUR data re-appeared.

....but here is the problem with a "restore from backup". DATA may be restored only as far back as the LAST BACKUP. So a little advice? WORRY if your Reservations were made more RECENTLY than about 1 week ago :(. And let's start asking WDW if they are doing DAILY backups. Given their system traffic? They should either be using redundant mirrored systems, or performing backups every 6 hours :(.

Oh - added? ANY time a Data Base Admin loses data? They should be FIRED, on the spot, short of a nuclear attack from a foreign country.

Now - lessons learned, for US:

1) USE A CC to pay for EVERYTHING. Keep Transaction Receipts.
2) Trip, Dining, Special Event - EVERYTHING.... if you do not get an EMAILED CONFIRMATION NUMBER? CALL, and demand one.
3) KEEP all CC Records. See #1. WHEN Disney FAILS (not if), you WILL have a record that will allow you to do a claw-back through your CC vendor.
4) PRINT ALL Confirmation Numbers, for EVERYTHING ON PAPER. Take this PAPER with you, on your vacation. WE go to "My Reservations" on MDE (when it is working), and PRINT TO PDF everything they have... including the MDE letterhead, date, and time. We PRINT that PDF, and load it onto our Cell Phones. There is never a day, on any vacation, when we can not PRESENT a CNF number for ANYTHING, on demand.

Now, this all sounds rather nasty :(. Yes, it IS. We have NEVER had to treat a serious BUSINESS, with a serious BUSINESS WEB SITE, like this :(.
But Disney does not HAVE a Business Web Site. Perhaps, one day, they will - AFTER they hire a serious CIO, that GET's how much serious data the antiquated "WDW System" contains.

Today is not that day :(. PLEASE - protect yourselves. CAPTURE AND PRINT anything of value to you :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

You link your eticket to your my Disney experience profile. It hasn’t been used yet, but it’s supposed to be linked. Then it disappears from your profile.

Your mydisneyexperience is not a magic band. It’s an app that works with your magic band and will transfer info to your MB when you get one.

So these tickets are not listed anymore on your “my reservations and tickets” link. So you call to find out why. They ask for the ticket numbers. These tickets are 2-3yrs old. Some people may have assumed that it’s linked and they don’t need the numbers or confirmation codes anymore. Then your SOL.

I have entire dummy profiles with linked tickets disappear. These dummy profiles have names like fiveday or littlekid. They don’t go to Disney, they are dummy profiles to store our tickets on mydisneyexperience.

3k worth of tickets that are gone and lost in space. Thankfully I wrote down the ticket numbers. They claim they will not be able to find them and relink them somehow bc I have the ticket numbers. That’s the claim, at least,

My two tickets were there, but Bill's two tickets were not. BUT, when I went to the FL resident site to look at renewals, they both were there.

Yup, several days ago, MDE lost our XMAS Party tickets. For whatever reason? THIS was the year that WDW stopped sending out E-Tickets for Special events.

But we bought these via CC. Sure enough, I had the CC transaction Data. We CALLED. Message was simple -

"No EMAILED Confirmation Number? CC Challenge".

Yup, that IS sort of Hardball :(. We got an emailed CNF Number within minutes. Took the "Website" (really one of the crashed backend Data Bases) DAYS to recover.

This was the ONLY data that "vanished" for us.... and the ONLY data that WDW never issued a CNF number for. Trip, Hotel, Dining - all good. Someone at WDW apparently had a back end DB Backup tape, and the affected System was restored from backup. OUR data re-appeared.

....but here is the problem with a "restore from backup". DATA may be restored only as far back as the LAST BACKUP. So a little advice? WORRY if your Reservations were made more RECENTLY than about 1 week ago :(. And let's start asking WDW if they are doing DAILY backups. Given their system traffic? They should either be using redundant mirrored systems, or performing backups every 6 hours :(.

Oh - added? ANY time a Data Base Admin loses data? They should be FIRED, on the spot, short of a nuclear attack from a foreign country.

Now - lessons learned, for US:

1) USE A CC to pay for EVERYTHING. Keep Transaction Receipts.
2) Trip, Dining, Special Event - EVERYTHING.... if you do not get an EMAILED CONFIRMATION NUMBER? CALL, and demand one.
3) KEEP all CC Records. See #1. WHEN Disney FAILS (not if), you WILL have a record that will allow you to do a claw-back through your CC vendor.
4) PRINT ALL Confirmation Numbers, for EVERYTHING ON PAPER. Take this PAPER with you, on your vacation. WE go to "My Reservations" on MDE (when it is working), and PRINT TO PDF everything they have... including the MDE letterhead, date, and time. We PRINT that PDF, and load it onto our Cell Phones. There is never a day, on any vacation, when we can not PRESENT a CNF number for ANYTHING, on demand.

Now, this all sounds rather nasty :(. Yes, it IS. We have NEVER had to treat a serious BUSINESS, with a serious BUSINESS WEB SITE, like this :(.
But Disney does not HAVE a Business Web Site. Perhaps, one day, they will - AFTER they hire a serious CIO, that GET's how much serious data the antiquated "WDW System" contains.

Today is not that day :(. PLEASE - protect yourselves. CAPTURE AND PRINT anything of value to you :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Great advice! I have saved a PDF of our ticket and reservations page. But I was wondering how to get the MDE letterhead, date and time? That doesn't show on the "My Reservations Page".

Great advice! I have saved a PDF of our ticket and reservations page. But I was wondering how to get the MDE letterhead, date and time? That doesn't show on the "My Reservations Page".
You are GOLDEN. The PDF will show the Website URL at the very BOTTOM, DATE at the TOP.

Now, for the truly paranoid :). Rather than PRINTING the MDE Web page? CAPTURE IT as an IMAGE.

We have used LVIEW PRO to do this, page by page.

EVERYTHING YOU SEE gets captured - images, all the silly stuff.... proving beyond the shadow of a doubt that this is WDW's current DATA.

This is a GREAT way to defeat any WDW "print page" tricks. If YOU can see it? YOU can document it :).

I've enclosed an example.... just the first part of "where to stay". I was not logged in, so no personal data leakage :).

Attachments

• Example.jpg
    Example.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 10
Sue, will the Confirmation Number work? I have 3 DVC special 6 day passes purchased at the same time and just have a Confirmation Number which included the purchase of all three. Also, is there a way to get the Ticket # for those that haven't disappeared? If they are still in MDE can someone in Ticketing give me the number so I can keep it? The Ticket and Reservation page doesn't list the Ticket #s so if any more go missing, I'd be stuck without the numbers I imagine.
I also have 2 old AP's (pre-2015 AP changes). One has gone missing (to a land far, far away?). Since they were purchased in the same transaction, wouldn't the ticket #'s be consecutive? If they can pull the ticket # for the one that is still there, couldn't they find the other? Or is that beyond what they would be willing to do? So frustrating. I wonder how many 1,000's of guests $$$ they dumped? I bet there are many guests who have tickets in their MDE who don't check frequently or read these forums. They will be in for a big surprise when they try to use them, possibly even years from now.

I have to check at home tonight. I still have the original letter and ticket (cards) so I hope I have all the info they need. Do I just re-link the missing tix? Will there be "harm" to do that w/o contacting WDW? Like, will they consider these tix as scams or something and deactivate them?

I went to MDE this morning to book FP's for an upcoming trip and to my surprise the previously missing old AP has now returned!! I was going to call Ticketing to get all my ticket numbers for the next Disney I.T. debacle, but now that the new ticketing system was announced I will wait awhile for the dust to settle. Got my screen shots and I hope it stays!

I have to check at home tonight. I still have the original letter and ticket (cards) so I hope I have all the info they need. Do I just re-link the missing tix? Will there be "harm" to do that w/o contacting WDW? Like, will they consider these tix as scams or something and deactivate them?
No harm. It’ll probably give you a message like - this ticket media is already assigned....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!