Lines

Kleese

Mouseketeer
I can’t stand for long or walk far. I use a cane. I rent and ecv at Disney and normally we only do fastpass rides or Walk ons. With so much waiting and no fast passes I am concerned about if I can ride my ecv right up to the ride. I am legally handicapped but have never sort a pass because I feel guilty about that. Not there is anything wrong with it. I just get nervous about my mobility when I go into a new situation. Please help.

A DAS is unlikely to be given for mobility or stamina needs because most queues are mainstreamed, which allows you to take the ECV through the line. As you near boarding, they will ask if you can transfer and how far you can walk. Be specific -- such as "I can walk 10 slow steps" or whatever you can easily manage. Some rides will allow the ECV to go right to the ride vehicle, at others those "few" steps will come into play.

I can’t stand for long or walk far. I use a cane. I rent and ecv at Disney and normally we only do fastpass rides or Walk ons. With so much waiting and no fast passes I am concerned about if I can ride my ecv right up to the ride. I am legally handicapped but have never sort a pass because I feel guilty about that. Not there is anything wrong with it. I just get nervous about my mobility when I go into a new situation. Please help.
there are a few rides Pirates comes to mind where you will need to transfer to provided wheelchair for the line. as lanejudy said most rides you will ride right up to. I find my cane very useful for getting off most rides helps me with balance. ECV may be new to you but CMs see them many times every day. so when you are not sure just ask them what you need to do and they will have the answer for you. not that this affects you about riding the line but being able to ride the line is why Disney has the "stroller as a wheelchair" tag for strollers of young ones who need the extra help. this is something a few of use when talking to nervous/new users if you where new to wearing glasses would you leave them somewhere or would you wear them as normal? an ECV is no different it is a tool to help you when you need it. use your ECV as you need and have a great trip

As other have said most rides you can take your ECV in the line and up to the ride There are a few that have alternative entrance for handicap people

And I've found it helps to just keep on driving (slowly!) and let them stop you if need be. The first time I approached Test Track on an ECV, I asked the CM if I could take my ECV thru the line. "Oh, No!" she said "You park it over there." Walking in wasn't bad, but it was a l-o-n-g painful walk from the exit back to my ECV. Then I heard here that you can ride thru on your ECV, so the next time, I got to the ride and just drove my ECV slowly thru the queue, waiting for someone to yell "Stop!!" Of course, no one did.

And I've found it helps to just keep on driving (slowly!) and let them stop you if need be. The first time I approached Test Track on an ECV, I asked the CM if I could take my ECV thru the line. "Oh, No!" she said "You park it over there." Walking in wasn't bad, but it was a l-o-n-g painful walk from the exit back to my ECV. Then I heard here that you can ride thru on your ECV, so the next time, I got to the ride and just drove my ECV slowly thru the queue, waiting for someone to yell "Stop!!" Of course, no one did.
that does not work at Pirates, you will have to change to their wheelchair even if you would try to keep driving. so yes you can be stopped

PLEASE don't get right into line without asking about the procedure. I've seen some cast members really struggle to get ECV's out of line when it's literally impossible to successfully ride one all the way to the ride vehicle (for example, at Small World you board the boat on one side and exit on the other - how do you expect them to get your ECV to the other side?)

that does not work at Pirates, you will have to change to their wheelchair even if you would try to keep driving. so yes you can be stopped

Oh, yes! Pirates is one place (that and Pooh are the only two I can think of offhand) where I know they will stop you. But they're very nice about it. I've been so fortunate at both cases-since I was solo, a CM nicely offered to push me.

PLEASE don't get right into line without asking about the procedure. I've seen some cast members really struggle to get ECV's out of line when it's literally impossible to successfully ride one all the way to the ride vehicle (for example, at Small World you board the boat on one side and exit on the other - how do you expect them to get your ECV to the other side?)

That's why I said to drive SLOWLY. The only time I've taken off and drove past someone was at security when I thought the security people were done checking everything, but they weren't (I forgot about my rear basket). I was so embarrassed that now I ask "Are you done?" before I leave security.

Luckily, most attractions will have a CM stationed outside to let you know what the ECV procedure for that attraction is. Only a couple of times have I had to try to figure it out for myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter