Lines to get in GE or the rest of the park?

yorkieteacher

DIS Veteran
Really interested to hear people's experiences who are not going into GE at the EEMH opening, but going to TSL or other-were there two lines? Can you get into TSL before those going into GE, which I assume will be the majority of people, or are you all in line together entering HS? I realize this is day one, but I am interested in how they do the entrance into HS daily, and if they change it.

I asked someone on FB who is in GE. She said everyone was in 1 big group and only separated to go to GE or everywhere else. I think that sucks lol. I hope they change it coming up.

They did it the one big group way when we rope dropped last year --first come first serve in one big group and then the CMs at the front of the rope say "if you are heading to TSL follow me" "if you are heading to ToT or RnRC follow me." I really wish they would switch to Animal Kingdom style where you can walk through the park and queue up near the entrance of your land. It would be much less of a stampeded that way.

The EEMH doesn't start until Sunday.
Yeah I forgot, I was thinking at the 6 am opening time. I doubt they do admittance differently for EEMH than early opening, I would imagine there would be fewer folks there at a 6am EEMH than a regular 6am opening that includes everyone.

Yesterday we strolled in about 1:30PM to no lines. Did not go near SWGE; crowds were thin everywhere else, FPs available basically anytime for everything but SDD. Used them to do ToT and TSMM twice and once each for Alien Saucers and RnR Coaster, all in under two hours. Standby lines very short as well.

Overall, great time to go if you don’t care about SW.

Yeah I forgot, I was thinking at the 6 am opening time. I doubt they do admittance differently for EEMH than early opening, I would imagine there would be fewer folks there at a 6am EEMH than a regular 6am opening that includes everyone.
I'm hoping the parks stay open as I am booked at All Stars for the sole purpose of going during EEMH which I'm planning to do Tuesday.

Are there still long lines for everything in GE like there was on opening day?
Long lines are relative in theme part terms :), but I don't think they've had to activate the boarding groups since late afternoon on opening day. The app says that Falcon has a 115 minute wait, which is longer than yesterday but far short of the 300 minute waits that existed at opening on the 29th.

I just got here and jumped on SR single rider line
The only line ive seen so far is for dok ondar, maybe a30 min wait. No edit for either quick service

Fyi, it is busy tonight, i think the nicer temps got people out.
But sr for falcon us open and is about a 20 minute wait

I was looking at the wait times for the ride today on the app and it says the wait times are for people in the "land" - anybody know how long it takes to get inside the Galaxy's Edge gate? And when you wait for the ride must you stay in the queue?

I was looking at the wait times for the ride today on the app and it says the wait times are for people in the "land" - anybody know how long it takes to get inside the Galaxy's Edge gate? And when you wait for the ride must you stay in the queue?
The boarding groups haven’t been used since opening day, so unless something changes, there is no wait to get inside the land. You do have to stay in line as you wait for the ride.

I'm in the weeds on using the new version of the app, so I appreciate your patience with my stupid questions. Thanks for your help.

So, when the app says you don't need to join a boarding group, it means that once you get into the Studios you can just wander over to the land and queue up for the ride and then wait your turn. I'm kind of surprised that the lines aren't as long as the ones are for Avatar Flight of Passage even after being open for so many years. We were there maybe a month ago and the line was 120 minutes. When I looked at the app around 5 pm, it showed 85 minutes "after you enter the land" - but if you don't have to stand in line for the land, that's not too bad. I haven't convinced DH that we should drive over there once we get our hurricane prep finished, but it's much shorter than I expected.

I'm in the weeds on using the new version of the app, so I appreciate your patience with my stupid questions. Thanks for your help.

So, when the app says you don't need to join a boarding group, it means that once you get into the Studios you can just wander over to the land and queue up for the ride and then wait your turn. I'm kind of surprised that the lines aren't as long as the ones are for Avatar Flight of Passage even after being open for so many years. We were there maybe a month ago and the line was 120 minutes. When I looked at the app around 5 pm, it showed 85 minutes "after you enter the land" - but if you don't have to stand in line for the land, that's not too bad. I haven't convinced DH that we should drive over there once we get our hurricane prep finished, but it's much shorter than I expected.
Correct you can just go into the land.
The shorter wait times for SR are due to it being a fast loader and because it doesn't offer fp

Is this just some sort of new land opening phenomenon here that the lack of fast passes has led to shorter wait times? I've always felt FPs were a double edged sword. Just creating another line full of people and making the wait longer for standby? Or would we be better off without any sort of FP system?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter