Lindfield Estates

ajr1151

Earning My Ears
Just booked a rental home for mid-may May in Lindfield Estates. Found the home on the vrbo site. Home is not crowded on either side by other homes and the back of the house is on the edge of a conservatory. If anyone is familiar with this area, I would appreciate any info such as time and directions to disney, etc.

Thanks
Al

Hi...yes this a very nice area and I really think the best deals around on homes are from vrbo.com.....Lindfilelds is a developement just west of Disney about 3 miles on 192.....when you are heading west on 192 off I-4 look for a red brick entrance on your left with big gold letters that says "Lindfields"...it can be a little hard to see from the right side of 192...it will be just past Orange Lake on your right.....this is a residential developement, so you will need to drive to any restaurant, c-store or other store on 192......I think you will be very pleased....figure 10 minutes to Disney dpending on how far into Lindfield's you are....enjoy...you will LOVE Disney..Ted

I just got a video of a house in Lindfield's from a couple on vrbo.com who I requested info on some time ago. They also included video of the subdivision. Truly looks lovely.

Hi Al,

We always stay at private villas in the Splndid China area of west 192. From Lindfields you can travel east along 192 until you reach World Drive. For the past few years there have been roadworks on the 192 which have made this short journey a nightmare in both directions, but they're completed now and, depending whereabouts you are on Lindfields, it should take you about 5-10 minutes to get to World Drive. Obviously your total journey time will depend on where in WDW you are headed.

The other option is the Sherberth Road shortcut. Now that the roadworks are finished, it's probably not that much quicker, but we like it because it's like a secret entrance! Travel east from Lindfields through 4 sets of lights. At the 5th set, turn left onto Sherberth Road. When you reach the lights at the end, you are on WDW property. Turn right for everywhere but AKL (which is a left). Within a few hundred yards you will see the toll booths for AK on your left - if that is your destination you will need to do a u-turn shortly afterwards - there is a gap in the central reservation which allows you to do it. For everywhere else, just follow the signs.

Check out this link which might help you to get your bearings:

Kissimmee Map and Directory

Click on <b>Map 1</b> and then scroll down - you will see Lindfields on the left of the page. Then move on down to <b>Map 2</b> and you will see both Sherberth Road and World Drive.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask - we've been to this area of Kissimmee so many times now that it feels like home!

Thank you for your responses. The links were very helpful. After reading this board and making the decision to rent a home on this trip we were a little nervous about our decision. But by using all the tips about finding location, checking out property etc, we feel good about our decision are can't wait for our trip. This board has been and I'm sure will continue to be a great help in our trip planning. I also have to give a plug for mousesavers, on this board I read about the link, checked it out and as a result was able to rent a mini-van for our stay for much less than the normal published price.

Thanks,
Al

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter