Linda & Dave's Wedding 6/21/11: WP/Off Property/Morocco;Wedding day:pre-ceremony pics

I haven't totally abandoned my PJ, but I'm bummed that I don't have lots of fun updates to post. The school year is winding down, only 9 days of classes left. I photocopied my finals today :banana:

The wedding is three weeks today, and when I got home, the marriage license arrived in the mail! We used Brevard County, and I highly recommend the service.

That's about it.

I bet you're really glad the school year is ending! I know I'm counting down the days, both to the end of this grad school semester and the end of the district where I sub! can't wait!

And you're getting so close now! So exciting! :goodvibes

YAY for school almost being out!! I know you are counting down the hours... minutes... seconds!!! :lmao:

I can't believe your wedding is 3 weeks away!!!!! Oh my gosh!! It is so CLOSE!! :goodvibes

YAY for school almost being out!! I know you are counting down the hours... minutes... seconds!!! :lmao:

I can't believe your wedding is 3 weeks away!!!!! Oh my gosh!! It is so CLOSE!! :goodvibes

I bet you're really glad the school year is ending! I know I'm counting down the days, both to the end of this grad school semester and the end of the district where I sub! can't wait!

And you're getting so close now! So exciting! :goodvibes

It is hard to believe that it is almost here. I think with it being the end of the school year as well, though, that each individual day draaaaaaags on. On top of the normal end of year wanting to be done with school, I REALLY want to be done with school this year :)

No updates, but the wedding is only ONE WEEK AWAY!!!!!!!! My last day of school is tomorrow and we head down to the World on Thursday! We'll drive just a few hours away Thursday and stay overnight at my sister's; then we'll get up super early on Friday (like 2:30 am) and leave along with her family. After a 14 hour drive, we'll spend the night in Savannah and then leave Saturday morning for the measly 5 hour trip to Orlando!

You're so close!! So exciting! Good luck with everything, and I can't wait til you come back and we get to see pictures! Have a fantastic time! :goodvibes

Ack, sorry I'm late!!! HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!!!! :bride: I hope it was everything you dreamed of. Can't wait to see pics! popcorn::

We're married!!!!!

Thanks for the happy wedding day wishes. It was truly a magical day.

We are currently at a hotel in South Carolina on our way back to PA after two wonderful weeks at the World. I will do a trip report when we get back; it will be a great way to occupy my summer, but I wanted to do a quick post with a few non-pro pics.

Let me just say, we are both so glad that we chose to have a Disney wedding. It was an amazing experience, and DH asked me when we can do it again :banana: I'm up for as many vow renewals as we can manage!!!!

My sister (MOH), me and my niece (flower girl)
laschicas.jpg

I LOVED my bouquet, and I'm so pleased with how it photographed.

The married couple and the carriage :lovestruc
carriage.jpg

At the cake cutting
cake.jpg

We loved everything about the cake! It was gorgeous and delicious!

Trust me, I will post tons more pics when we get home.

Thanks again to everyone here for their support and advice. We definitely would not have had the same experience without all the invaluable help from folks here on the DISboards!

Linda, many congratulations!! You looked absolutely beautiful and so happy. Looks like it was a really pretty wedding. Can't wait to hear (and see) more!!

Linda, congratulations!! You two look so happy in your photos! :goodvibes

I also have to say that I love your dress ... I actually just ordered it myself this past week! :thumbsup2

Your pictures look beautiful! It looks like it was truly a magical day. You look gorgeous, and bouquet is beautiful. Congrats again! Looking forward to your TR this summer!

Thanks, everyone!

I'm going to give the trip report a go here and see how frustrated I get with photobucket! Warning: all pics will be huge because I don't have the patience to resize them.

Day 1: Saturday, June 18, 2011
Our three car caravan arrived at Cypress Pointe (where my family has a condo; literally a half mile from entrance to Disney property) around 2:30 p.m. after traveling from Pennsylvania. We checked into the condo, unloaded our car, and then DH (DF at the time) and I took our nephew, who is 9, to Magic Kingdom for some special time while the rest of the family unpacked and grocery shopped.

DH and I exchanged our annual pass vouchers and used the AP to buy a Tables in Wonderland card, which I highly recommend for anyone not on the DDP. We got our "Happily Ever After" buttons.

DH's button
button.jpg

We did Splash Mountain first. When we go to parks, I use my wheelchair because it's just too much walking. Our nephew loves when we get to skip part of the line! We waited only a little over half the posted wait time to get on since we separated from the regular line at the steps.

Then we did Haunted Mansion which we all thought was lame yet kind of cool in an old-school way. DNe (dear nephew) really enjoyed playing with things in line, though.

Gabeplaying.jpg

Then the three of us headed over to Space Mountain. In the past with the wheelchair, we have been able to just hop right in the fast pass entrance, but the cast member there gave us a ticket to come back for the wait time. So, what any logical person will do before s/he gets on a roller coaster, we decided to go eat :) We scarfed down some chicken nuggets and fries in Tomorrowland and then headed back over to ride. DNe is a total daredevil when it comes to rides, but he wanted to be in the middle on this one, not in the front.

After that, we met up with the rest of the family on Main Street to catch the Magical Electrical Parade. DNi (dear niece) and DNe got to play while we waited.

She has a freakish talent for hula hooping! She could have done this all night.
hulahoop-1.jpg

jumprope-1.jpg

Electricalparade.jpg

Electriccoach.jpg

Me (in chair), DNi, my mom, DH, and my BIL, who became ordained online to be our officiant. He later got made fun of at Laugh Floor for his hat.
halfofteamphoto.jpg

After the parade, we did Laugh Floor.

My dad took this pic of the fireworks that were going on as we exited.
fireworks.jpg

Then, we headed over to do the Carousel of Progress, a family tradition. Then we danced with Pluto!

DNi is in the purple dress
kateandpluto.jpg

My sister and I got into the action, too! She's to the right of me in the black flowered dress
girlsandpluto.jpg

We got back to the condo well after midnight! It was a great first day!

you looked absolutely amazing - so happy you had a great first day!
can't wait to read about the rest of the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter