Limousine help!!

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
I have an intimate wedding planned for April, and I need some help on the limousine rental. My fiance and I don't want to just use it to go to PI or dinner, it seems like a waste to only be in it for a quick ride to somewhere. It's not every day that we get a limo! Anyway, i was trying to think of a good destination that would be 1-11/2 hours away that we could take a nice drive to. Maybe somewhere nice to get lunch or dinner, but that would require a drive and not take longer than the 4 hours. I looked through some Florida books and didn't come up with much, so i thought maybe someone else would have an idea. Thanks so much, I REALLY have to let our coordinator know where we want to go.

Well, I don't know if you're set on the limo idea . . . but if you wanted to just stay in the WDW area, you could rent a beautiful town car sedan. The sponsor of this site is FL tours and they can give you a rate from your hotel to a local restaurant (possibly less than $15 each way depending where you are going). It's classy and you could still drink champagne and feel just as pampered without the 4 hour time requirement.

If the limo is the only way to go and you want to take a bit of a drive, the gulf coast is about and hour's drive away and you could have a picnic on the beach (or choose a fine dining establishment there). I don't know if you have to pay additional if you leave the Orlando area? Some companies require that it is "local use only".

Not sure where your intimate wedding is planned, but could part of the time be used to drive you from your hotel/resort to the wedding spot and then go pick up your fiance too?

Good luck,
Brenda

I'm guessing you are speaking of the limo that is included in the package... Usually it is used to do the "pick up" from the resort you are staying in and to deliver you to your site, then to move you from the ceremony site to where your cake cutting or reception is... It may be possible to add an hour or two so you have enough time to get to the coast and back, I would check with your account manager. I know Titusville is on the Atlantic Coast, it is where Kennedy Space Center is, which is a beautiful area. I don't know of places to dine, but that would be the city listing you could research... I did have a friend that mentioned a place in or near Titusville called Dixie Landings (it took me a long time to learn that when she referred to DL she was NOT speaking of the hotel!) I'm not sure how fancy it is, but she loved their seafood.

I believe the restaurant you are referring to is Dixie Crossroads and not Dixie Landings on the Space Coast

ahutton,
You guessed write, it is the limo that is included in the intimate wedding package. I realize that it is usually used to get you to the wedding site and then to the reception, but you can use it anytime during your honeymoon for any reason and we don't need it for the day of the wedding. So we wanted to take a nice ride somewhere, but we're not sure where to go, and we don't really want to spend extra to have it for more than the provided 4 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter