Limousine bus from Haneda to Disney?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
Do you have to prebook, or can you just turn up and get on the next available bus?
Would this still involve visiting a ticket counter first?

Can anyone give me a step-by-step of this process?

Much appreciated!

No need ot pre-book. Just be aware, that from the international terminal there is only one bus per hour. From the other two terminals there is a bus departing every 15 minutes. We had just missed the one bus and decided to take an internal shuttle bus to Terminal 2. So, I can only tell you about the procedure from there, but I would think it is very much the same at the international terminal.

We arrived at one bus stop and saw that there were several stops for the Airport Limousine just a little further down, so walked there. Asked for the one to Disney and were directed to the appropriate one (I think it was #4, but you can check that on the website of the Airport Limousines).

There we were informed that we had to get a ticket from the machine. There were several ticket machines available in the wall of the terminal next to the bus stops. The machines could be switched over to English (like all the ticket machines for trains and subways that we encountered) and it was very self explanatory how to get the ticket. You have to choose your departure time, of course we chose the closest one, just 5 minutes later. We even had one of the Airport Limousine workers help us with the ticket purchase. People (like all over Japan) were very friendly and helpful. With the tickets we went back to the bus stop where we were told which of the three lines marked on the ground was ours, we lined up, they took our luggage and tagged it and gave us the receipts (keep them, they do check when you get off the bus that you are receiving your correct luggage). When the bus pulled up, we got on it, the luggage was loaded, the doors closed and the Airport Limousine personel bowed to say goodbye to the departing bus.

There are announcements in Japanese and English as to which stop is next and that you are supposed to press a button if you want to get off. We were the last people on the bus, so ours was the final stop anyway and for us there was no button pressing required.

It was so easy and convenient! I would definitely choose the Airport Limousine again in the future.

Thanks for all this detail!

How did you see when the next bus at the international terminal was due in order to make your decision about getting a shuttle to T2?
And can you remember how long this journey was?

You can find the timetable here: https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/bus_services/haneda/index

I had made a note of the international terminal departure times. We arrived at 12:40pm or so and by the time we were through customs and had exchanged our JR Rail Passes (we decided to do this at the airport as there was no long line and we just wanted to have it done even if the start date was some days later), it was 1:55pm. The bus had departed at 1:50pm, the next one was at 2:50pm. So, the decision was easy! I just saw that during the morning there are even less departures from the international terminal it seems...

You can find the timetable here: https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/bus_services/haneda/index

I had made a note of the international terminal departure times. We arrived at 12:40pm or so and by the time we were through customs and had exchanged our JR Rail Passes (we decided to do this at the airport as there was no long line and we just wanted to have it done even if the start date was some days later), it was 1:55pm. The bus had departed at 1:50pm, the next one was at 2:50pm. So, the decision was easy! I just saw that during the morning there are even less departures from the international terminal it seems...
Thank you for this detailed explanation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!