Limit to how many photos I can upload to the DIS?

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
So I have Trip Reports on the DIS that go back to 2008. I've hosted all the photos for these on Photobucket. I've actually been hosting all my photos for all my blogs on Photobucket for the last 14 years. Today I got notification that they don't allow "3rd party viewing" from their free accounts (which is all they used to have). But if I want to pay $400 a year, I can upgrade to a plan that allows 3rd party viewing. Yep. Not doing that. Not a fan of extortion.

So I need to re-host 9 years' worth of Trip Report photos, and I figure the easiest thing to do is just upload them directly to the posts. I know you can only do 10 photos per post, but is there a max per member?

Thanks!
Sayhello

So I have Trip Reports on the DIS that go back to 2008. I've hosted all the photos for these on Photobucket. I've actually been hosting all my photos for all my blogs on Photobucket for the last 14 years. Today I got notification that they don't allow "3rd party viewing" from their free accounts (which is all they used to have). But if I want to pay $400 a year, I can upgrade to a plan that allows 3rd party viewing. Yep. Not doing that. Not a fan of extortion.

So I need to re-host 9 years' worth of Trip Report photos, and I figure the easiest thing to do is just upload them directly to the posts. I know you can only do 10 photos per post, but is there a max per member?

Thanks!
Sayhello

I'm the same - trip reports going back years all now with missing photos. I've tried adding directly to dis but all of my photos seem to be too big. I'm on windows 10 and despite googling for about an hour now I can't seem to find an easy way of resizing them to be able to add to the boards. I don't even know why they're so big, I use a very basic point and shoot camera that's years old.

Any suggestions for doing this simply without having to resize every single image?

I'm the same - trip reports going back years all now with missing photos. I've tried adding directly to dis but all of my photos seem to be too big. I'm on windows 10 and despite googling for about an hour now I can't seem to find an easy way of resizing them to be able to add to the boards. I don't even know why they're so big, I use a very basic point and shoot camera that's years old.

Any suggestions for doing this simply without having to resize every single image?
Mine were all too big, too. I found a free program called FastStone Resizer, which pretty simply let me select photos and resize them (I resized them to 800 x 600 pixels, which you can select under "Advanced Options"). The website says it works on Windows 10 (I have Windows 7). Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to help!

http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm

Sayhello

Mine were all too big, too. I found a free program called FastStone Resizer, which pretty simply let me select photos and resize them (I resized them to 800 x 600 pixels, which you can select under "Advanced Options"). The website says it works on Windows 10 (I have Windows 7). Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to help!

http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm

Sayhello

Thanks for this and your offer of help. I think I've worked it out without having to use another program

There is a re-size option within the 'photo gallery' which is not the same as where I normally view photos using one of the tiles on windows 10. From the start menu type 'photo gallery' and click on the tile/pic (it has an orange coloured pic). This opens all your files/photos. Choose the ones you want, right click individual photos to resize or you can select all at the top pane and then resize them all. I just resized an album of 290 photos in about 3 minutes, so was very quick. I chose the small option. Once you've re-sized you close the photo gallery and then use the documents folder at the bottom of the screen to open all your files, select pictures and you'll be able to copy them from here over to the dis board. You can either copy/paste or drag/drop. It worked well for me.

Now the only issue is to go back through my trip reports and try and figure out what photos go where! And then try to rewrite them with only 10 photos per post, deep joy. Thank you photobucket :sad2:

This thread has been so helpful to me, thank you! I went through and resized all my photos for my TR (over 1000) and am now uploafing them where they were. Only problem is I just ran ito the 10 pgoto per message max. I had waaaaay more than that for each post. I thought about copying and pasting chunks of my TR into new posts, but it will be so out of order since it'll post on the end of my TR. Do I just rewrite my TR as a new thread and chop up where needed?

This thread has been so helpful to me, thank you! I went through and resized all my photos for my TR (over 1000) and am now uploafing them where they were. Only problem is I just ran ito the 10 pgoto per message max. I had waaaaay more than that for each post. I thought about copying and pasting chunks of my TR into new posts, but it will be so out of order since it'll post on the end of my TR. Do I just rewrite my TR as a new thread and chop up where needed?
You can try www.imgur.com It was recommended to me by multiple people. It's a little scary trusting another photo hosting site, but I've heard this one is sound, and family run, and not likely to have the issues photobucket had.

I personally would be sad to re-do my old Trip Reports as new threads, because you lose all the comments from the previous thread, and then that old thread is sitting out there all ugly... Going forward, however, I plan to just upload them directly to the DIS.

Sayhello

You can try www.imgur.com It was recommended to me by multiple people. It's a little scary trusting another photo hosting site, but I've heard this one is sound, and family run, and not likely to have the issues photobucket had.

I personally would be sad to re-do my old Trip Reports as new threads, because you lose all the comments from the previous thread, and then that old thread is sitting out there all ugly... Going forward, however, I plan to just upload them directly to the DIS.

Sayhello
Thank you! I will look into imgur for my next TR next month. I did end up redoing my TR, but in the same thread. I just made more posts, so the comments are a little screwy now and out of order. I agree, it would stink to have to start a whole new one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!