• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Limit on teens' KTTW cards??

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
I'd like DSs to be able to buy themselves an occasional smoothie and some arcade games, so can we preset a spending limit on their cards at the beginning of the cruise so we don't have to worry about them overspending and won't have to be with them if they want a smoothie or play a game? Thanks in advance :)

No, it is either all or none. No limits on the card itself....except your credit limit on your guaranteeing credit card. Scary thought, isn't it?? I wish they would allow you to put a limit on a child's card.

I think the reason why there is no limit is because most of the time the card is not scanned. I thought handheld scanners (like those at Universal for Onsite-front-of-the-line) would be everywhere and all the cast members would have one.

Since it still seems to be a paper system, someone types in the information in batches - it would easily be possible to exceed the limit.

I am SURe that the system will change in time - the paper system has got to be a pain!
Barbara

Thank you for the replies. I was really hoping we could put $100 on each of the kids cards so they'd feel they were spending their "own" money on the cruise. I'll have to discuss this with DH, but DSs will be 16 and 13 next summer and definitely understand the consequences if they should happen to overspend. lol Also, from what I understand, we can check the balance on our account on the tv each night? We'll give them spending privilege at first and if they don't abuse it, they can continue. If they were younger kids we probably wouldn't consider it, but I'm sure they can handle it. (I can just picture DS16 meeting a nice young lady and wanting to buy her smoothies all week on the cruise! LOL)

Originally posted by SeaSpray
Also, from what I understand, we can check the balance on our account on the tv each night?

You can check your account balance at any time during the cruise. However, this has to be done by going to Guest Services and cannot be checked through the ship's TV system.

Does anyone know if DCL will accept the pre paid visa cards? We thought about getting each one of the kids a pre paid visa though our bank and have their KTTW cards tied to the pre paid card instead of our credit card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter