Light Parade

TinkSassy

DIS Veteran
I know it is not on the schedule now - is this something DL still does in the high season? I thought it was cancelled at both parks (boooo!) but saw a youtube video where it was passing in the background.

Is there any talk of this being around in April?

I know it is not on the schedule now - is this something DL still does in the high season? I thought it was cancelled at both parks (boooo!) but saw a youtube video where it was passing in the background.

Is there any talk of this being around in April?
You must mean Paint the Night as the Electrical Parade (often called the light parade before PTN) has been gone from DLR for many years.

There is talk PTN will be around this year especially when SWGE opens early summer. It is possible they will do it in April but really there is not much info on PTN's return.

:wizard:

The actual Main Street Electrical Parade was gone for a long time, then came back for a short promotional period. It is gone again with no indication of coming back (at least not until they want to for another anniversary years down the road, if they choose to do that again again). It was only back from January 20, 2017 until August 20, 2017. The Paint the Night Parade is kind of its spiritual successor, a modern day light parade. It is also very popular and likely to return to DCA again in the summer once all the Food & Wine festivals are done & peak summer crowds pour in and need somewhere to go when they all can't fit in to Star Wars Land. That is all speculation though, most theorize the eventual return of Paint the Night but Disney hasn't officially announced anything about when/if it will return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter