Liberty of the Seas or stick with Carnival?

I sailed on the Carnival Freedom in May. There was a 7 year old in our party. He really enjoyed the kids club a lot, but there are things to do, like the water slide and such for families. I think on any cruise, the most "family friendly" things will be the shore excursions and the movie nights at the pool. Our cruise went to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, with our home port being Galveston. Jamaica, IMO, was a bust, would far rather have spent two days in Grand Cayman. The sea turtle sanctuary was wonderful. There is also a lot of sightseeing and shopping available in Cozumel. While I would love to take a Disney or Royal Caribbean cruise, Carnival does give you a lot of bang for your buck. I would not lose a deposit or other expenses.

We went on Carnival's Breeze 8 night cruise to Aruba for DD2's first cruise. We never encountered any inappropriate behavior. It was an end of April cruise, so still spring break-ish perhaps. We loved it and were happy we chose that. Remember, the smaller the ship the more you will feel movement.

Hello! We are currently booked on the Carnival Freedom for a cruise but I'm starting to second-guess my decision :(

I'm thinking about changing to the same dates on the liberty of the seas with Royal Caribbean. Looking for opinions, as I will lose my deposit if I switch. It's me, my 16-year-old daughter, and my two sons, ages seven and two.

Specifically curious about kids activities (shows, pools, etc.), and other things we can do as a family, as I don't antic that we will use the kids club much. Also looking for the more "family friendly" atmosphere.

I know neither are Disney, but a Spring Break cruise on DCL wasn't in the budget!

Is there anything about switching that justifies the loss of deposit PLUS about $500 more in cruise cost???

Thanks!!!

Spring break cruise on either sailing may be a bit of a zoo...although if a week in length, it should be less popular with the college kids.

Have you sailed either line in the past? Do not make the mistake of comparing sailing either line with DCL trips or you will be sorely disappointed. It is not the same experience, not to say it's worse, just a totally different vibe.

Does the itinerary have any basis in your decision? Usually, one of the main criterias for us.

Freedom is in conquest class, has the new updates. Perfectly acceptable experience with organized activities for the kids. Lower price will likely attract younger crowd and it may be party hearty. That said, I've seen more than a few adults on DCL sailings that were obviously over-served, hit or miss on any ship

Liberty of seas is larger, we really enjoyed the IoS in same category. Promenade activities are very entertaining, flow rider/rock climbing would give it an edge for entertaining the kids I'd think.

That said, i wouldn't dream of changing existing booking if I would lose my deposit and spend more $500.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter