Level Sites?

Sluf

Mouseketeer
Just wondering how level the sites are. Is it a back in, unhook, and level front to back, or is it going to require laveling side to side as well?

Just wondering how level the sites are. Is it a back in, unhook, and level front to back, or is it going to require laveling side to side as well?

There has been little to no leveling on any sites that we've ever had. There could be some slight variations.

Might require some minor leveling, but for the most part they are level.

Awesome. Are they all pretty easy to get into with a 32' 5er? We've got a premium site reserved.

Awesome. Are they all pretty easy to get into with a 32' 5er? We've got a premium site reserved.

A 32 foot 5er will have plenty of space to back into for a Premium site, Sluf.

It won't be a worry.

Bama Ed

Sluf, we have a 31' FW and have stayed at the Fort twice. Both times were in the FHU section … site 1901 and 1809. No fitment issues at all.

Last edited:
Howie in the Hills. :)
Ok looked it up not seeing much hills. :)

even though wikipedia says this.

Howey-in-the-Hills was n founded by William John Howey. On May 8, 1925 Howey-in-the-Hills was incorporated as the Town of Howey. In 1927 the name was officially changed to Howey-in-the-Hills, this was done to reflect the location of the town in an area of rolling hills.

https://www.google.com/maps/@28.7102607,-81.7845154,3a,75y,96.5h,92.52t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sAPk79CXl0r3e6uXd32URSA!2e0!6s//geo3.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=APk79CXl0r3e6uXd32URSA&output=thumbnail&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&thumb=2&w=203&h=100&yaw=180.5104&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656

OK. My biggest concern I guess was because of what I have to back it into at home. I just recently bought the truck AND the camper, so I'm not used to puling/backing it. YET. We intend to pull it locally several weekends between now and our February trip to the Fort. It's a nightmare getting it into where it's parked now. My neighbor said if I can park it there, I can park it anywhere.

I just didn't want to get down there and look like an idiot more than anything. I hate being the "entertainment"...

OK. My biggest concern I guess was because of what I have to back it into at home. I just recently bought the truck AND the camper, so I'm not used to puling/backing it. YET. We intend to pull it locally several weekends between now and our February trip to the Fort. It's a nightmare getting it into where it's parked now. My neighbor said if I can park it there, I can park it anywhere.

I just didn't want to get down there and look like an idiot more than anything. I hate being the "entertainment"...

First time parking my short single axle 20 foot trailer I was the entertainment. My BIL kept saying "jacknife it!" :mad: It was late and full of people and it was one loop. So I tried once and then traffic backed up so I had to go around. Tried again and again traffic backed up. So went went around again and my neighbor then helped me in. :worship:

Next time it was thursday afternoon with nobody around and next time I picked my spot that was almost a straight shot once setup. :thumbsup2

That's part of the camping "experience" not only for you but the spectators also :tongue:

I've camped at the Fort dozens of times the our last trip was the first time our site wasn't level. It was in the 600 loop. When they poured the extra slab to make it a premium site, it was a bout 2" lower and I was unhooked before I noticed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter