Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

With these rates I know they can put you at any location in the ship. Do those of you who have been placed at the front of the ship had a lot of motion sickness? It that worse at the front of the ship. I think I would be OK, but the rest of my family might not could handle a front cabin.

With these rates I know they can put you at any location in the ship. Do those of you who have been placed at the front of the ship had a lot of motion sickness? It that worse at the front of the ship. I think I would be OK, but the rest of my family might not could handle a front cabin.

Yes, the front can definitely have more motion.

IMHO, if you or anyone in your party has motion sickness or anything else that dictates you avoid certain areas, booking GTY or *GT is NOT the way you should be going as you have zero say in where the cabin is.

Yes, the front can definitely have more motion.

IMHO, if you or anyone in your party has motion sickness or anything else that dictates you avoid certain areas, booking GTY or *GT is NOT the way you should be going as you have zero say in where the cabin is.
Yes, I agree with you on that now and no those rates would probably not be best for us. Thanks!

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? OGT Wonder
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9B 2088
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Pretty happy. We’d have been fine anywhere on the ship, but were hoping not be be on deck 1 with the smaller portholes. And the savings over what we would have paid even on opening day was significant.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned? Monday afternoon
#7. What month is your cruise? January
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 101 days

New to DCL, so learning the lingo. Which is better GTY or IGY, OGT, VGT?

It depends on your needs.

GTY is frequently not a discounted fair. It's just what Disney does when they've sold a certain number of staterooms in a category. A GTY booking is the same as a specific stateroom booking in every way except that the room is chosen by Disney. You pick a specific category 9C for example and will most likely get a room in that category (upgrades are possible but not common and you shouldn't expect it). The cancellation and payment policies are the same as for a specific stateroom booking. Sometimes GTY is all that is left to book if a cruise is selling well. Rooms are typically assigned 45-60 days out but can be assigned several months before sailing or when you arrive at port.

GT is a discounted fare offered closer to sailing (usually after the paid in full deadline but not always) and they are offered when Disney is trying to fill a sailing. There are restrictions to this category. You can only select a broader category: inside, outside or veranda and could be assigned any room in that category. You have to pay in full at booking and it is non refundable and you can't make changes. GT rates are not available on every sailing and you have to book more last minute. If that works for you, the discounts can be worthwhile.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT with restrictions on the Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9B 2088
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy with the room and its location
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 73

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT with restrictions on the Wonder
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9B 2088
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy with the room and its location
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 73
You must be on my cruise! I’m curious - how many people do you have in your stateroom? We booked a 9B GTY but we have 4 in our party and I heard that they’re aren’t many 9B rooms that hold 4. We were upgraded to a 9A room but I’m a bit nervous because I would have preferred the location of the 9B Roma more!

You must be on my cruise! I’m curious - how many people do you have in your stateroom? We booked a 9B GTY but we have 4 in our party and I heard that they’re aren’t many 9B rooms that hold 4. We were upgraded to a 9A room but I’m a bit nervous because I would have preferred the location of the 9B Roma more!

There are 2 of us. At this point with GTY it is tricky for DCL to balance staterooms and muster station capacity.
If you landed one of the handicapped accessible rooms, I think you will enjoy all the space for 4 of you!
If concerned about motion being forward or aft, given that this is a port-heavy cruise and really not much distance between ports, the motion should be minimal. Hope it works out for you!

Hi there
Is there a similar thread to this but for GTYs?
I searched the forum but couldn't find it? Should I use this thread for GTY's?

There are 2 of us. At this point with GTY it is tricky for DCL to balance staterooms and muster station capacity.
If you landed one of the handicapped accessible rooms, I think you will enjoy all the space for 4 of you!
If concerned about motion being forward or aft, given that this is a port-heavy cruise and really not much distance between ports, the motion should be minimal. Hope it works out for you!
Thanks! We didn’t get a handicapped accessible room. We’re pretty far forward which is why I’m nervous! We’ve never cruised before so I’m not sure how I’ll do with motion sickness! Thanks for your response!!

Have you gotten your WBPC room assignment yet

No :(
you?
I was hoping to get it these days bc some ppl on face**** said DCL usually assign GTY rooms between the 50-60 day mark
I also wanted the link to see if someone has gotten it recently.. but no one's posted recently :S

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT on Disney Wonder
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 10B 2574
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Pretty happy since it was an 11C GTY which means we could have just had a standard inside stateroom compared to the deluxe inside we received.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes, all 4 rooms are within a 10 cabin stretch
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 47

you?
I was hoping to get it these days bc some ppl on face**** said DCL usually assign GTY rooms between the 50-60 day mark
I also wanted the link to see if someone has gotten it recently.. but no one's posted recently :S
I think when it falls off the first page people don't think about it. If someone posts in it we'll probably see more posts follow

you?

I'm still also waiting for our GTY assignment on the WBPC.

I'm still also waiting for our GTY assignment on the WBPC.

Other than a few people who got theirs randomly assigned months ago, I think everyone is.

Since most categories have been GTY since almost opening day I imagine they have a whole lot of rooms to assign.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts