Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? IGT Magic
#2. What category and room # did you get? 10B 2545
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Glad that I got a split bath.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned? Thursday afternoon
#7. What month is your cruise? November 10th, NYC to San Juan 5 day sailing
#8. How many days before departure did you book? ~60 days

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? Wonder OGT
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9(something), 2526 (I can't figure out the different letters for the 9's).
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? If I would've picked a room it would have been 2nd floor, mid/forward. This is right by the forward elevator so pretty much what I would've picked. In fact I think I've stayed in the room next to it on the Magic.
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned? Tuesday
#7. What month is your cruise? November 8, EBPC
#8. How many days before departure did you book? Sometime between Gold and Silver check in dates. Roughly 100 days?

Finally got our assignment!

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? VGT Magic
#2. What category and room # did you get? Cat 5B (Deck 6 midship)
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 17 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy. Our assigned stateroom is actually quite close to where we have previously picked staterooms on other cruises, so we can't really complain. It may be a bit closer to the laundry room than I would like, but the online reviews are positive and indicate that it's far enough away from the laundry that it shouldn't be a problem.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A -- only booked 1 room.
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned? Thursday; it could have been any time during the day. (I didn't get a chance to check today until 5:30 p.m.)
#7. What month is your cruise? October (NYC Bahamian Cruise)
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 43 days
I just wanted to note that our stateroom ended up being absolutely perfect, and the proximity to the laundry room was a complete non-issue. (We were a few doors down from the laundry room.) In fact, it ended up being a positive feature...the proximity to the laundry room made it very easy to pop clothes into the dryer to get any wrinkles out.

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? Dream VGT
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5D - 6162
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
We are very happy! We were thinking that we will get 6B (as many were shown as available when I did the availability check). We wanted on the deck where there are staterooms above and below - which we got!
The only downside is that it's almost right outside of the stairs and elevators. I am not sure how it will pan out in terms of noise. But last time when we sailed with RCCL - Allure of the Seas, we got the room in mid-ship, in btw the elevators, and we disliked it because the walk was too long from the elevator! So it could be a good thing. :) We'll report back.

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned? Wednesday between noon - 6 PM EST
#7. What month is your cruise? December 2019
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 32 days

Thought I posted here already but have been another thread.

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? VGT Fantasy
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4E (5532)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Great upgrade in room category, closer to midship, with an extended balcony
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned? Monday am
#7. What month is your cruise? November 30th, East Caribbean 7 day sailing
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 70 days

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? VGT Magic
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5B 6106 & 6104
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 5 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy with the assignment. Great location close to elevators and easy access to drop children off at the Oceanears Club
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes connecting :)
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned? Friday afternoon
#7. What month is your cruise? November
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 50ish days

Anxiously awaiting our OGT assignment for our January cruise. I’ve been checking availability every day to see what’s still bookable to try to get a sense of what we might get. Yesterday, for the first time, the entire oceanview category was listed as unavailable; same today. So that gives me hope that they’ve now booked them all and that we’ll get an assignment soon. Though probably not until after the holiday weekend, I’d guess.

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? OGT Dream
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9B 2544, 2546, 2548
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy as we like deck 2.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes - all three in a row
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned? Tuesday morning
#7. What month is your cruise? December
#8. How many days before departure did you book? about 50

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? OGT Magic
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9A room 6000
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy to be on Deck 6. It’s a handicapped accessible room which we don’t need, but I hear they are bigger so that’s a plus. We are all the way forward and the reviews I read say it’s quiet.
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned? Wednesday evening
#7. What month is your cruise? December
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 77 days, IGT and OGT were released before final payment date

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? VGT 5C+ Fantasy (got a FL resident rate)
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 35 days
#3. What category and room # did you get? 5A deck 10 #10132
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We love aft, and stayed in 10160 last time on Fantasy, so we are happy with this location.
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned? Not sure, we got the luggage tags in the mail, which was when we found out.
#7. How many days before departure date did you book? 112 days
#8. What month is your cruise? January 18th

Reading everyone's comments on the 'happy' question has me thinking (dangerous!). I wish there was a toggle box where *GT could indicate what would be preferred/ most important to them...location, full size balcony, split bath, extra space (like the room preferences when you do online check in for WDW resort rooms). Yes, we all agreed to accept anything in the category, but there is literally a person randomly assigning a room to each GT booking with zero info while most of us actually have different preferences of some sort. Obviously no guarantees, and if there are limited rooms left then it likely doesn't matter, but negligible extra cost could make for a better guest experience, fewer complaints, etc.

Back to waiting for room assignment on the VGT we booked 165 days out...

Reading everyone's comments on the 'happy' question has me thinking (dangerous!). I wish there was a toggle box where *GT could indicate what would be preferred/ most important to them...location, full size balcony, split bath, extra space (like the room preferences when you do online check in for WDW resort rooms). Yes, we all agreed to accept anything in the category, but there is literally a person randomly assigning a room to each GT booking with zero info while most of us actually have different preferences of some sort. Obviously no guarantees, and if there are limited rooms left then it likely doesn't matter, but negligible extra cost could make for a better guest experience, fewer complaints, etc.

Back to waiting for room assignment on the VGT we booked 165 days out...
Did you book GT or GTY? I didn't think they released GT rates that far out from sailing.

Did you book GT or GTY? I didn't think they released GT rates that far out from sailing.

Definitely VGT. We were surprised to see it so far out, especially over TX Spring Break dates. Even more strange, it has been constantly available at the same rate for 3 months but never went on FLR or MTO. I still suspect we'll be waiting until the week before for the room assignment. We'll know for sure in 75 days or less!

Could you please explain the difference between GT and GTY? Thanks!

*GT - where the * can be I (Inside), O (Oceanview), or V (Veranda) is a restricted rate that can be lower than the prevailing rate. It is non-refundable and generally is offered closer to sailing time. Those cabins tend to not be assigned until you're within 2 weeks of sailing. You will receive ANY cabin in the broad category you selected with a small possibility of being upgraded to a higher category (for example O or V if you selected I)

GTY applies where a given category is approaching being sold out - say 8B. The rate is as normal and unless within the cancellation policy refundable. The cabins tend to be assigned sometime earlier - 45-60 days or so. With that rate you will not get anything lower - an 8D or 8C in my example - but there is a small possibility you could get higher.

In either case you have no say in where your cabin is - and unlike some other lines, you cannot then look online and see what is available and call and ask to change to another stateroom.

If you are not picky about where you stay, it can be fun to do. BUT if you are picky about where your cabin is, *GT or GTY is probably not the best way to go as you give the cruise line control over your cabin and its location.

*GT - where the * can be I (Inside), O (Oceanview), or V (Veranda) is a restricted rate that can be lower than the prevailing rate. It is non-refundable and generally is offered closer to sailing time. Those cabins tend to not be assigned until you're within 2 weeks of sailing. You will receive ANY cabin in the broad category you selected with a small possibility of being upgraded to a higher category (for example O or V if you selected I)

GTY applies where a given category is approaching being sold out - say 8B. The rate is as normal and unless within the cancellation policy refundable. The cabins tend to be assigned sometime earlier - 45-60 days or so. With that rate you will not get anything lower - an 8D or 8C in my example - but there is a small possibility you could get higher.

In either case you have no say in where your cabin is - and unlike some other lines, you cannot then look online and see what is available and call and ask to change to another stateroom.

If you are not picky about where you stay, it can be fun to do. BUT if you are picky about where your cabin is, *GT or GTY is probably not the best way to go as you give the cruise line control over your cabin and its location.
So this is where the confusion comes in I think. We booked this cruise (see below) on October 25th at significant ($800) discount which was at 127 days from the cruise sail date. It has VGT and GTY on the res confirmation.
Below shows what is on the website. So what is is it VGT or GTY or a combination? We did the same rate for the Magic last year.

The GTY next to stateroom just means that the stateroom hasn’t been assigned. Not gt and gty bookings will have that beside stateroom until a room is assigned.

that’s definitely a great booking. It’s just unusual for those rates to be released before PIF day

The GTY next to stateroom just means that the stateroom hasn’t been assigned. Not gt and gty bookings will have that beside stateroom until a room is assigned.

that’s definitely a great booking. It’s just unusual for those rates to be released before PIF day
Yeah, you're right. Last year we booked the Magic VGT the day after the PIF date. It's much cheaper now since our 2 girls are older and can't travel as much with us.

So this is where the confusion comes in I think. We booked this cruise (see below) on October 25th at significant ($800) discount which was at 127 days from the cruise sail date. It has VGT and GTY on the res confirmation.
View attachment 460382
Below shows what is on the website. So what is is it VGT or GTY or a combination? We did the same rate for the Magic last year.
View attachment 460383

What @otten said is correct. Your cabin type is VGT. If you had booked GTY it would be listed as the category and then GTY. Example Category: 4E Stateroom: GTY. There could be a GTY with 4E as well - Category 4E GTY - but it's been so long since I booked a GTY (got burned with what most people would consider an upgrade from an 8B to one of the Deck 5 verandah cabins - too low and too midship for my liking) I don't remember.

What @otten said is correct. Your cabin type is VGT. If you had booked GTY it would be listed as the category and then GTY. Example Category: 4E Stateroom: GTY. There could be a GTY with 4E as well - Category 4E GTY - but it's been so long since I booked a GTY (got burned with what most people would consider an upgrade from an 8B to one of the Deck 5 verandah cabins - too low and too midship for my liking) I don't remember.
As my dad used to say clear as mud. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!