Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

I've gotten assignment at 12 days and 10 days before.

What day of the week did each assignment occur? They are usually on a Tuesday. I'm guessing one cruise sailed on a Friday (10 days) and the other sailed on a Sunday (12 days)?

For all of you who have sailed IGT/OGT/VGT before, is there a cabin number printed on your luggage tags? Or do they just put GTY on it? Did you need to write your cabin number on it once you got the room assignment?

Likely won't be a cabin number printed on it, and that's ok...

The tags are printed before your cabin is assigned, but the bar code on them is unique to you. Once DCL updates your reservation with your cabin number, that will be part of the information available. If you'd feel better, you can write your cabin number on your tags, just be careful not to write over the top of something else.

Additionally, if you're flying in the day before (which is always recommended anyhow), you could walk over to the Disney transportation area and fill out new tags WITH your stateroom number as and use those since you won't be wanting to attach the other tags when you fly from home anyhow.

Likely won't be a cabin number printed on it, and that's ok...

The tags are printed before your cabin is assigned, but the bar code on them is unique to you. Once DCL updates your reservation with your cabin number, that will be part of the information available. If you'd feel better, you can write your cabin number on your tags, just be careful not to write over the top of something else.

Additionally, if you're flying in the day before (which is always recommended anyhow), you could walk over to the Disney transportation area and fill out new tags WITH your stateroom number as and use those since you won't be wanting to attach the other tags when you fly from home anyhow.

Thanks. We always fly day before to make it as stress-free as possible. This time it's from Dover, England so we really have to fly early. I was just curious if there were any clues on the tag.

We have cruised VERY last minute, as in booking 3 days before sailing, 30 mins before DCL reservations closes and no more booking for that cruise. We had no luggage tags at all and the porters took care of everything. No worries. :goodvibes

I've gotten assignment at 12 days and 10 days before.

When you got these assignments so close to sailing, did you get an upgrade? Or were you assigned to the category you paid for?

We pretty much do GTY or IGT, but the latest we've been assigned before was 60 days out. Those cruises were more than likely going to sell out, so only a small upgrade from 11C to 11A, let's say.

We are 35 days out with no assignment yet. Just seeing if the longer the wait means a better possibility of an upgrade? This particular upcoming cruise has MANY staterooms available in all categories with just about a month from departure, so what would be the likelihood of a bigger upgrade (from 11 to 10 or higher)? Has anybody had any experience with this?

BTW - We just got our luggage tags (latest we've ever gotten them out of 5 cruises), and they had a blank spot for the stateroom number. I'm assuming we'll just write it in once we find out.

When you got these assignments so close to sailing, did you get an upgrade? Or were you assigned to the category you paid for?

We pretty much do GTY or IGT, but the latest we've been assigned before was 60 days out. Those cruises were more than likely going to sell out, so only a small upgrade from 11C to 11A, let's say.

We are 35 days out with no assignment yet. Just seeing if the longer the wait means a better possibility of an upgrade? This particular upcoming cruise has MANY staterooms available in all categories with just about a month from departure, so what would be the likelihood of a bigger upgrade (from 11 to 10 or higher)? Has anybody had any experience with this?

BTW - We just got our luggage tags (latest we've ever gotten them out of 5 cruises), and they had a blank spot for the stateroom number. I'm assuming we'll just write it in once we find out.

You might be "on to something" with the notion of selling out. If the cruise reaches a point where it's considered sold out (and I firmly believe that there is ALWAYS 1-2 open staterooms "just in case" they need to move someone), that might be all that's required for them to go ahead and do the room assignments. They claimed that the cruise we were on was sold out, but they were able to move us to an identical room because of issues with ours. And we got our VGT assignment at 11 days out (Tuesday of the week before we sailed, Saturday departure).

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? Vgt fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 on Wednesday afternoon
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5a deck 10 #10656
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's ok happy about room and category but I'm in the back of the bus folks , 🤦
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 60

1) Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?
OGT Wonder
2) How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
55 days for one and 14 days for the other
3) What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?
9b
4) Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
If I had chosen a room, it would have been Deck 2, mid ship, port, which is exactly what I was assigned, so I'm thrilled.
5) If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
Yes, three doors apart. I think that's good for two GTY rooms, especially considering they were assigned at such different times.
6) How many days before departure date did you book?
69 days

One of the rooms was assigned on a Monday, and the other room was assigned on a Wednesday.

I've been using this forum so much that I felt like I should contribute some info that others might find interesting. I normally just lurk because I hate commenting, especially when I have to register.

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? VGT Dream
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 8682
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 8 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Extremely happy! We got an accessible room, which we didn't need, but it was huge. And the balcony was amazing.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Thursday morning
#7. What month is your cruise? July 2019
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 38 days

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5A 10500
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Pretty happy right now. All the way forward below the Spa. We’ll see if I feel that way after the cruise.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Friday morning
#7. What month is your cruise? August 2019
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 18 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Magic
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 9
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5B 6600 & 6602
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy! :)
We were originally booked on this cruise when dates first released in Cat 7A using OBB. I cancelled a few months later, feeling guilty that it's so soon after a previous big trip. I changed my mind again when I saw the VGT offer for $1000 less per cabin (we need 2 cabins) than our OBB reservation. So now we have a higher category cabin and saved $2000. (Well, really $1600 because we lose the OBCs as well.) Still a great deal.

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes. Connecting
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Friday. Unsure of exact time. It wasn't there at 6am but was there 7pm, ET.
#7. What month is your cruise? September 2019
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 67

ETA: Just wanted to mention in the last several weeks, I have been looking up and keeping a list of available cabins, what is showing if I didn't choose the VGT option. As cabins would book, I'd cross them off the list. I re-wrote my list at least twice. Yesterday, the number of available cabins was 6, not including family size Cat 4 cabins. I'd look at the list and know I'd be happy with any of those. Ironically, none of those on the list were assigned to us. Also, I saw a sudden explosion in number of available cabins the morning our cabin #s were assigned, like 20 more were suddenly available.
I just happened to look at cabin availability before checking our res but when I saw the large list of available cabins, I knew something had happened. Either a large group had to cancel or they were moving people around. When I checked our res, the assignment was there, both cabins assigned on same day which is a relief.
:cloud9:

Last edited:
#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? GTY on Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 28
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? Guaranteed a 7A, assigned 5A on deck 10
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes, connecting
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Friday
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 30

This thread is for IGT/OGT/VGT bookings only which is very different from GTY.
Here is the thread you're looking for.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-thread-to-keep-track-of-gty-cabins-assigned.3056486/

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5A 10654/10656
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy, same location as last cruise (same deck)
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes, connecting :worship:
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned. Tuesday 9 AM CST
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 40 days

Finally got our assignment!

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? VGT Magic
#2. What category and room # did you get? Cat 5B (Deck 6 midship)
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 17 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy. Our assigned stateroom is actually quite close to where we have previously picked staterooms on other cruises, so we can't really complain. It may be a bit closer to the laundry room than I would like, but the online reviews are positive and indicate that it's far enough away from the laundry that it shouldn't be a problem.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A -- only booked 1 room.
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned? Thursday; it could have been any time during the day. (I didn't get a chance to check today until 5:30 p.m.)
#7. What month is your cruise? October (NYC Bahamian Cruise)
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 43 days

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? OGT Magic
#2. What category and room # did you get? Cat 9A (Deck 5 forward, Starboard)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes, very happy. We are right next door to our son's family which makes it easy with the grandkids. We actually had staterooms in the same area last year on Magic so happy with the location.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We actually had 8 cabins in our group...some are on Deck 4 and some on Deck 2. Everyone is happy with their location.
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned? Thursday. I had checked at 8:00 am and it wasn't assigned. Checked again around 11:00 am and they were assigned.
#7. What month is your cruise? October 27th (NYC Bahamian Cruise)
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 45 days

MJ

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? OGT Magic
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C/2534
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm pretty pleased, but didn't have any specific wishes/expectations.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned? Thursday, somewhere between 9am and noon.
#7. What month is your cruise? October 27th (NYC Bahamian Cruise)
#8. How many days before departure did you book? 73 days

#1. What category *GT cabin did you book and on which ship? VGT Magic
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4a, ( Deck 8, mid-ship, port side )
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes, very happy.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. What day of the week and time of day was your cabin assigned? Thursday am
#7. What month is your cruise? November 10th, NYC to San Juan 5 day sailing
#8. How many days before departure did you book? ~79 days (yes, the *GT rates for this cruise were released a few days ahead of the 75 day window)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter