Let's talk Disneybounding...

We should keep this thread going and post pictures of good Disneybounding we see.
The last pieces of my son’s Mickey Disneybound clothes arrive today (I’m bad at waiting 😂). If I can wrestle/bribe him into it, I’ll post a pic for feedback (and cuteness)!

Here is one from our trip last year to WDW, DD is obviously doing a take on a stormtrooper (shirt was homemade) while I am channeling C3PO. We are doing several on our trip to DL at the end of the month, including 2 more star wars characters, Darth Vader and BB8.435500

One easy, inexpensive way to DB with shoes is to buy white Keds lookalikes/canvas sneakers when they go on sale and use fabric paint to make the colored shoes you need! Crocs/lookalikes work great, too, in bright primary colors. Once you narrow down which colors you'll be working with the most, it's easy to figure out which shoes will work best. :)

Reactions: EmJ
One easy, inexpensive way to DB with shoes is to buy white Keds lookalikes/canvas sneakers when they go on sale and use fabric paint to make the colored shoes you need! Crocs/lookalikes work great, too, in bright primary colors. Once you narrow down which colors you'll be working with the most, it's easy to figure out which shoes will work best. :)
Thanks!! I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled for good deals for sure.

You guys... I just found bright yellow loafers in 1/2 size bigger than my son wears now (read: they will fit perfectly in March), and they are $14. I can't buy them right now because if any more Amazon boxes show up at our house, I think my husband will have a tiny stroke 😬

But I put them in my Amazon cart. Where they sit. Waiting....

Going to walt Disney world for DDs 18 bday in March we will probably Disneybound she says she wants to be Rapunzel and I'm thinking Jasmine. I have to wait closer to pick out my outfit though just had weight loss surgery so can't buy clothes yet.

Wishing you all the best with your healing from the surgery and your weight loss. Sounds like fun planning a trip to WDW with your daughter!

Wishing you all the best with your healing from the surgery and your weight loss. Sounds like fun planning a trip to WDW with your daughter!
Thanks so much. Down about 50 lbs already since June and I'm about 20 to 25 lbs off my goal weight. Looking forward to shopping.

Book our dining right now and decided to invite her bestie so they are very excited. She's looking forward to the break from her senioritis. I'm looking forward to Flower and garden lol

So happy I found this thread!!

DH and I will be heading back to the park next month, and like always, he really wants to Disneybound! And like always...I don't haha But I think in the spirit of Halloween I might give it a try, especially since I already own 3 dresses that would all work perfect for Belle, but I admit, I'm also really, REALLY kind of dreading it too.

I know at least 1 day DH would love if I did a Jasmine bound, and through all my searching I can't find a single thing for her I would realistically ever wear again and I don't want to waste money on clothing I don't even like (I don't tend to dress up in regular costumes for Halloween either because of this). Plus, since we'll be there in October, I'm nervous I'm going to be freezing since I'm ALWAYS cold! I thought perhaps maybe I'd do a Merida bound since I found the cutest skirt for her and I feel like I could bundle up easier with her outfit, but I'm really not sure.

Overall, I think I'm just way overthinking this and I'm so nervous I'm going to ruin the whole experience!

Last edited:

DH and I will be heading back to the park next month, and like always, he really wants to Disneybound! And like always...I don't haha But I think in the spirit of Halloween I might give it a try, especially since I already own 3 dresses that would all work perfect for Belle, but I admit, I'm also really, REALY kind of dreading it too.

I know at least 1 day DH would love if I did a Jasmine bound, and through all my searching I can't find a single thing for her I would realistically ever wear again and I don't want to waste money on clothing I don't even like (I don't tend to dress up in regular costumes for Halloween either because of this). Plus, since we'll be there in October, I'm nervous I'm going to be freezing since I'm ALWAYS cold! I thought perhaps maybe I'd do a Merida bound since I found the cutest skirt for her and I feel like I could bundle up easier with her outfit, but I'm really not sure.

Overall, I think I'm just way overthinking this and I'm so nervous I'm going to ruin the whole experience!
Search Jasmine disbounding or disbounding on pinterest lot of options. Also Instagram as well.

I know at least 1 day DH would love if I did a Jasmine bound, and through all my searching I can't find a single thing for her I would realistically ever wear again and I don't want to waste money on clothing I don't even like.

I wouldn't be looking for harem pants and a crop top like Jasmine wore. When you go that route, you start leaning more toward a costume than Disneybounding. Instead, go in whatever style of clothing you typically wear to the park, but make it look like Jasmine in another way. And color is probably the most obvious way.

So if you usually wear a sundress to the park, find one as close to that turquoise blue color Jasmine wears. And then accessorize it with a gold belt and maybe some kind of dangly gold ear rings -- because Jasmine's accessories are gold. That is Disneybounding (at least in my opinion).

And then, because you're staying within your style, you can absolutely use that dress for other things.

If I was going to Disneybound as Aladdin, I wouldn't even consider wearing a pink/purple fez like he wears. But I would absolutely look for that color in a baseball cap, which I think would perfectly capture the personality of Aladdin in a 21st century kind of way (which is, I think, what Disneybounding is).

I wouldn't be looking for harem pants and a crop top like Jasmine wore. When you go that route, you start leaning more toward a costume than Disneybounding. Instead, go in whatever style of clothing you typically wear to the park, but make it look like Jasmine in another way. And color is probably the most obvious way.

So if you usually wear a sundress to the park, find one as close to that turquoise blue color Jasmine wears. And then accessorize it with a gold belt and maybe some kind of dangly gold ear rings -- because Jasmine's accessories are gold. That is Disneybounding (at least in my opinion).

And then, because you're staying within your style, you can absolutely use that dress for other things.

If I was going to Disneybound as Aladdin, I wouldn't even consider wearing a pink/purple fez like he wears. But I would absolutely look for that color in a baseball cap, which I think would perfectly capture the personality of Aladdin in a 21st century kind of way (which is, I think, what Disneybounding is).
I love this. I was trying to explain to my mom, and I said it’s not dressing as a character, but rather suggesting or bringing a certain character to mind through your dress.

Speaking of which, I found the perfect sage/lime green bow to serve as my Goofy-hat stand in. It’s actually a men’s bow tie, but I think I can do some pretty simple surgery to affix it to an alligator clip instead!

DH and I will be heading back to the park next month, and like always, he really wants to Disneybound! And like always...I don't haha But I think in the spirit of Halloween I might give it a try, especially since I already own 3 dresses that would all work perfect for Belle, but I admit, I'm also really, REALLY kind of dreading it too.

Don't dread this! DBing can be as simple (or as complicated) as you want it to be! Watch the video below to see what I mean -- Leo's outfit for Prince Eric is a perfect example of this: a white shirt, jeans, and a red belt -- pretty low key, right? And if you look at the outfits on the Disney Bound website, Leslie Kay puts together outfits using every day clothes most of the time (unless the occasion is formal). You can use the photos as starting points: colors, shapes, articles of clothing -- do you already own things that are similar? If all else fails, just get a character t-shirt that goes with your DH's outfit. My DH has done this to support my outfits from time to time -- makes things much easier, makes him much more comfortable, and that makes our Disney days much more fun! And isn't having fun the whole point of being at Disney?

Congratulate DH on nailing the art of the Disney Bound -- it's not supposed to be obvious! Show him this video
-- obvious = cosplay, subtle/every day = Disney Bound! "Not too obvious" is the whole point, i.e. you're doing it and it's up to everyone else to figure it out... or not! (which is why you can wear it to work, to formal events, to church, etc. -- it all depends on how much you pour on the Disney) -- he's going to love it!
ETA: Of course, at the parks, OBB, D23 Expo, etc., the context is a little different, so you can go a bit heavier with how hard you Bound! But, for the newbies and the shy, subtle Bounding is totally fine!

That's what I would have said for Jasmine too, just a similar color dress, gold belt and jewelry, and maybe a tiger handbag or brooch if you can find one easily. This is one of the images I just saw on Google, for example.

And if you prefer pants, here's an idea someone put together for an outfit with pants.

Thank you everyone!! I think my biggest problem is I wasn't finding any dresses in the right color in a style that I like, but I looked more on Instagram (I didn't even think to check there!) and saw that maybe a cute skirt will work too! So yay! I know I need to stop being a party pooper since this is supposed to be in good fun and I don't need to take it seriously. Oh, and I love the idea of tiger jewelry to complete the look! How perfect is that??

Thanks!! I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled for good deals for sure.
I usually use shoelaces to denote colored shoes. When I did Mickey I had black sneakers with BRIGHT yellow shoelaces!

I usually use shoelaces to denote colored shoes. When I did Mickey I had black sneakers with BRIGHT yellow shoelaces!
This is a great idea! You would not believe the brain damage I am incurring trying to find a pair of children's yellow socks that are not (a) knee-high, or (b) festooned with bows and ruffles. I'll see what Amazon has in the way of shoelaces.

ETA: In 10 seconds, I found about a thousand options for yellow shoelaces, many of which are no-tie (important for preschoolers) and under $7! Thank you thank you thank you!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!