Let's talk Disneybounding...

njbeachbum

Yeah I Like Disney, you got a problem with that?
Hello all, I am in that "Trip is mostly planned but need to talk Disney" stage so I thought I would post a Disneybounding conversation. When we were at DL last September we saw a lot of people disneybounding including us. My wife and I are headed to DL 10/15 - 10/19 and plan on Disney bounding. I think I am going to disneybound Princesses (yeah a little genderbending as I am 6 ft tall 300 pound man).

Snow white - Yellow Shorts, Blue Shirt, Phillies Hat and an Apple Pin
Cinderella Light Blue Shorts, Light blue shirt, Black and White Tie, silver shoe laces, thread and needle pin
Anna - Blue Shorts, Black T-Shirt, Purple overshirt, Snowflake pin.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Ooh, can someone explain Disneybounding to me? I've heard the term, but don't fully understand it. I, too, have gone absolutely as far as I can with our trip planning until next year. Boo. Need more things to think about!

Ooh, can someone explain Disneybounding to me? I've heard the term, but don't fully understand it. I, too, have gone absolutely as far as I can with our trip planning until next year. Boo. Need more things to think about!

It's dressing up like the character, usually with plain clothes and accessories. The intent is to give off the vibes of the character, however not to be in an outright costume (because that violates the park rules). You can find a few Instagram or Pinterest posts about it, though my favourite spot for ideas is https://disneybound.co/

Replace the thread and needle pin by a snowflake pin and the cinderella outfit, minus the tie, could double for Elsa.

Yellow shirt to go with the yellow short and something with a rose and you are Belle.

Do it! Lots of people at DL do this. My son does it pretty frequently. Another easy one is Goofy, which my son does a lot: blue shorts, orange shirt, green hat, brown shoes. He also does Nemo, Dory, Mike Wazowski, Mickey Mouse, Toy Story Alien, BB8. It's fun and people always figure out who he is bounding as, and he notices others as well. He is 13 and very artistic/creative. We have seen plenty of men bound as female characters. It's always funny.

It's dressing up like the character, usually with plain clothes and accessories. The intent is to give off the vibes of the character, however not to be in an outright costume (because that violates the park rules). You can find a few Instagram or Pinterest posts about it, though my favourite spot for ideas is https://disneybound.co/
I love this, so cute! My son would let me dress him up :) so I'll start thinking.

Regarding costumes, are children allowed to wear them? He would really like to dress as a Stormtrooper for our Star Wars day. He will be 5 at the time of travel.

I also think that people do it to provide a fun little "Easter egg" type smile for other Disney folk. It's fun to feel like you're in on a little inside joke with other park goers.

Hello all, I am in that "Trip is mostly planned but need to talk Disney" stage so I thought I would post a Disneybounding conversation. When we were at DL last September we saw a lot of people disneybounding including us. My wife and I are headed to DL 10/15 - 10/19 and plan on Disney bounding. I think I am going to disneybound Princesses (yeah a little genderbending as I am 6 ft tall 300 pound man).

Cinderella Light Blue Shorts, Light blue shirt, Black and White Tie, silver shoe laces, thread and needle pin

Any thoughts or ideas?
I have a question... When does an outfit cross the line from disneybounding into wearing a costume? Last time we were in WDW we saw a few outfits which were very close to it and one Mom was most definitely way over it - she was dressed in a Wendy costume complete with ringlets in her ponytail and her baby was dressed as Peter Pan (in February, so they were not just a few hours early for MNSSHP!) The only thing that distinguished her from the real deal was that real Wendy doesn’t pusha stroller and carry kids around with her!

I have a question... When does an outfit cross the line from disneybounding into wearing a costume? Last time we were in WDW we saw a few outfits which were very close to it and one Mom was most definitely way over it - she was dressed in a Wendy costume complete with ringlets in her ponytail and her baby was dressed as Peter Pan (in February, so they were not just a few hours early for MNSSHP!) The only thing that distinguished her from the real deal was that real Wendy doesn’t pusha stroller and carry kids around with her!

I think as long as people wouldn't mistake you for the actual character, you are good to go. The baby Peter Pan and stroller are enough to make it clear that was just a mom at the parks, not actually Wendy.

Wendy is tough to differentiate because her clothing isn’t very distinctive, and her hairstyle, etc. is also pretty standard. Most characters have a much clearer line between a bound and a costume.

Basically, they don’t want adults to be able to impersonate characters or go into full-on cosplay. Beyond that is pretty fair game.

I did an upside down Oswald (black pants, blue shirt) and he loved it - got some great photos with him at DCA.
Have done Brer Rabbit - have a reddish pink gingham shirt, denim capri pants and gray sneakers.

Best item I have for Disneybounding is my yellow Converse. They work for so many characters!

My DD16 loves Disneybounding, my favorite is when she did Genie :genie:. We are going at the end of the month for 4 days, so we better get going on our outfits

I love all the disneybounding outfits!
I would love to try it out myself but the space in my suitcase limits me quite a lot (DL is just a part of a longer vacation) and I am pretty uncreative with disneybounding...
cloth that would work for Donald or chip n’dale isn’t really available in my closet and I lack ideas for other characters I could (or would want to) do...:blush:

But I love to see others do disneybounding...

Any thoughts or ideas?

Ariel can be a pretty easy one: Green shorts, purple top. Maybe green shoes and a seashell pin or similar accessory.

Is it permissible for adults to wear a waist length cape? I was certain I'd read that somewhere and now I'm questioning if it was only for Halloween party nights... Because I am planning a very cute A
Darth Vader disneybound where I'd planned to sew the cape to my t shirt...

Disney Bounding is used all over the world! Leslie Kay's site (https://disneybound.co) has super ideas and photos from fans -- and the archives are a wonderful resource for Halloween!

This video does a great job explaining the concept of Disney Bounding and the difference between that and cosplay:
I think there is a FB group, too -- Disneybounders Unite (??) -- that is supposed to be very good.
The above video is super helpful to explain the concept of Disney Bounding vs. cosplay. Leslie Kay's site has great ideas and inspiration! And the FB site is invitation only, but anyone can apply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!