Let's Keep In Touch: VMK Friends Chat

Sorry I missed you guys on VMK tonight. I don't know when I will get back there again now that my room quest if finished....but you guys have fun! ;)

shine, sorry the memorial didn't go as planned. Y'all continue to be in my prayers.

Susan, that stinks about your trip! :sad2: I'm lucky in that my family loves WDW, loves all things Disney; my dad especially, I'd have to say. My parents were instrumental in my love for Disney. I've pretty much decided if I ever get married, the an annual Disney trip must be written into some kind of contractual agreement. :rotfl2: Seriously though, I hope your DH warms up to a WDW trip before too long. Y'all have been before, right? Maybe it's a matter of showing him all of the stuff you don't think of doing at Disney... like Dave on the HCoE planning DVD? The fishing, horseback riding, parasailing, water adventures, etc. Or maybe not. Fingers crossed that he will change his mind.

Haha Sheree, I know what you mean about Toontown. I tried it for a bit about 3 months ago, and after a few hours a day for about a week, I never logged in again. Didn't enjoy it at all. POTC was the same way; I was a tester in the second round of testing; played a lot for a few days then never even bothered to make a new character when Beta ended. Just didn't interest me that much, as I'm not that into violence. A movie is one thing, but acting it out with the weapons and all, I have issues with.

I got 3 more papers written this weekend (bringing my total for the week up to 5) and started on a huge project. I am actually ahead of due dates now by a week on three of the papers I wrote this past week (i.e. I finished them a week before they're due). Quite proud of myself for that, although I'm severely lacking sleep at this point. Still a long way to go though. Will get there somehow. I hope! :scared:

Have a fab "Moon day", all. :wizard:

hello all! I didn't even try to get the clones through the quest. Who knows why! By the time I finished on fairy power I had 268,000 credits! What a shame to lose all these credits! :sad2:

I would love to write more, but I'm sick! :sick: All of the yucky stuff too!

Susan......I'll be looking for you. I wrote you an email but you must be busy

Kelly........I don't even want to talk about those other games. Makes me ill. They only game I really play now is webkinz. I couldn't get into the build a bear thing either. The kids and I are always trying to find games to do together. So far no real alternatives outside of VMK :sad1: How's the school work? When is graduation?

Grace......How is everything going at your home? How's Zack and how are you? I'm glad you finished the quest with nothing bad happening! :dance3: We are going to Disneyland June 14th to the 21st. We got 4 day tickets to Disney and are staying at the HoJo. My mom is coming with us and I think my dad is flying in. My mom who went on her first WDW trip last June for the first time in 15 years is giving me grief because it can't possibly be as good as WDW. :headache: We did not even do that much in WDW cause dad is lazy :rolleyes1 That being said I "think" I have what is not to be missed. I just have to somehow make sure she has a great time. I know it is not WDW but I really want to enjoy this trip. We are going back in December for Christmas. I am going to use my DVC points though and possibly stay at the Grand Californian. Any tips you have will be great. Between the kids and mom, I have a lot of convincing to do that it is just as great as WDW. I have reservations for breakfast at the Plaza Inn, Goofy's Kitchen and Story Teller's Cafe. I am going to do the House of Blues gospel brunch that Sunday and then head to Legoland. How is that for short! :surfweb: This is what happens when I get on the computer! :laughing: I've been trying to rest today, but did youknow little people don't like for big people to do that! :rolleyes1

To everyone else

Suzee I was trying to answer your message and you are no longer on my friends list. What gives????? Now we need to find each other so we can be friends again!

Happy Monday All! Every morning you get up is a great morning indeed! Enjoy!! So not much here-had to go to a PE workshop which actually was very good. What a concept sending us to something useful that we can actually implement. Little too much activity for the ankle but it's on ice-at least it didn't happen from playing a quest. OK Fairy if I'm not teaching summer school zsmile and I will be there! Ok MUST do's are-see the Fireworks show from IN FRONT of the castle then head to the left for the 10:30 showing of Fantasmic-the best thing at any of the Disney's! We saw the one at WDW and there's just no comparison-ok well they do have seating but other than that our show reigns supreme! Soaring Over CA, Bobsled, Pirates, California Screaming, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain actually anything with the word Mountain in it...the list goes on and on so I guess it's just best for us to come down and be your tour guide. The Billy and the Hillbilly Show is fabulous no matter what the age and I'd tell you to go to Innoventions and make VMK characters but we won't go there right now. I love the Sub-Nemo actually except for the tea cups there's nothing I don't like and in my next life I'm going to be the Captain of the Jungle Curise. That is my absolute, all time dream job last wish you get the idea. We rode it one night right before closing and because we were the only ones on the boat and because it was like my 10th time that night he let me do the part-I was in heaven!!! As for Grand Califorian two thumbs up!!! It is absolutely spectacular especially at Christmas time.
Kelly I so admire your dedication to your schoolwork-can you instill some of that into zsmile! What are you majoring in? I am seriously thinking of going back for my Special Ed degree or at least learning how to be a sign lang. interpreturer. Not sure though if I could be a full time student again or not. I got the equivalent of my master's in Technology/Computers in Education and it almost did me in! When you have as many kids as I do you have to pull a 4.00 to save face! Way too much pressure!
Suz how's DH! What a dedicated person to do what he does and you too to be by his side. Not an easy life that's for sure! I so admire both of you! And he he won't go with you than I see a girl's trip in our future-who's in???Maybe we should take the Disney Cruise-hey if I'm going to dream I'm going to dream big!
Nice to see so many people joining our thread!!! I love it an welcome! VMK is the spirit of fmaily and community that will remain in all of us!! Ok off to help z with his room! Guess we're under the gun to get it built now-especial;ly after everyone on these boards were so generous donating carpet chairs and clouds! I hoep it works for him. Til tomorrow same bat time, same bat channel!
:banana: :banana:

Just a quick Hi and good morning! Nothing much hear which is always good news at our house. Have to go for the first treatment today-not so thrilled about it but hopefully it won't be too bad and there's not too many of them so I really can't complain at all. Hey I wrote to the people at the site which shall not be named with a few questions, concerns and I got a very, very nice personal(there's a switch) note back from them! I even asked if I could take my Dream Room with me-lol. Still waiting to hear back on that one...ok off to work and school oh that's right school is my work! Hope all are well! Might be on after 8 or so tonight-it's going to be one of those days. Susee if it helps it's in the 40-50's and raining and windy here too!

I don't use AIM all that often, but would love more of my vmk friends on the list (now dominated by those oh so cool West Coasters, lol :cool2: ) to entice me to sign on more often! I'm disCaribbound there, I think...:confused:

Good afternoon everyone!

Shine how did the treatments go? How are you feeling? I have been so bad and have not sent letters off to everyone yet. I guess I need to get busy. Time is running out.

Carribound.... I don't have Aim. Because of Suzee I opened up an Windows live account. I'll check into getting an AIM. What is one more instant messaging account! :goodvibes

Has anyone here heard from Suzee? I have not heard from her since Sunday and I'm kinda getting worried. Suzee never goes more than a day writing me and she is off all of our VMK lists. So just checking. I'll chill if someone else has heard from her.

Not much going on around here. Fighting the heat here. Already have to have the air on!!!! :headache: We keep getting those spring storms and humidity. Sigh..........I'm so ready to go on vacation!

I heard from her a dayor two agao-I know DH was not feeling well and hopefully it didn't spread to her! I'm wiped out but ok...more later Hugs to all
PS I have AIM adn we could use Yahoo as well

Hello all! Late night here from me but I wanted to drop in and say Hello.

Shine, glad to hear that all is going good at your house! I know you are happy for the weekend to be here. How much longer do you have until school is out? The kids here get out the 2nd day of June I believe. They are so happy!

I'm doing pretty good, hating all the new stuff that vmk is putting out. Makes these last couple of weeks so difficult!!!!

Hmm no check in for the last couple of days huh? I've been a little bit busy. But I did want to check in and say hello.

Hi Hi!!! Sorry I have been so bad about getting on here but yes we are alive and as well as we are going to get for now so that is great news!!! Zsmile is going inot a two week run of Hello Dolly as what else-an advance dancer so we have been there all weekend and every night until 10 (I'm doing lights and sound for them) and then at my school my Jr. Drama group (only 35 in this one as opposed to 70 in the other Drama group) is putting on Goldisocks and the 4 Bears next week so it is slam time of year. 24 more days of school-YEAH!! Still got to get through Open House and all the end of the year stuff but hard to believe it's almost over. I am thinking of taking a training workshop for drama educators in NY on Broadway in July but it's really hard for me to spend money on myself. But I don't know the throught of working on the Broadway stage, learning the numbers and the backstage techniques just as if you were part of the show and then tickets for the show that night-might be too good to pass up. Ok so every one check in and let us know you're alive-it's back to the sound and light board for me-should be more time this weekend and definitely Friday afternoon. I want to take some group pictures in our VMK rooms now that I actually know how to do that-it's my new skill for the week. Let me know what works for everyone! Miss you all-ok everyone check in!:grouphug:

Just letting y'all know today will be my last day of classes, hooray! Then I'll have some VMK time to spend with you all before graduation and leaving for WDW. Cannot believe the end is finally here. :yay:

Kelly!!!!! I'm jumping for you! :dance3: How exciting. I'm sure you did a great job. I know you are so glad to be finished!!! When is graduation????

Hello everyone. I haven't beenon vmk. Not by my choice either I tell ya! That darned shockwave has messed up every computer in the house!!! I'm not joking. I can't access vmk on any computer. On one of them as soon as I enter the kingdom, I crash. I tell you it's a conspiracy! I'm sick :sick: I have to do everything in my power to get on before the end.

I'm also getting the kids finished for the year. They have three weeks left to go. They are so totally excited about that! I'm also doing my usual pack a whole month before you leave thing! LOL I am an over planner. I promise you everything that anyone needs for the trip is already brought and ready to go in a suitcase. So sad :cloud9:

How is everyone doing? Things are getting awful quiet around here!

I graduate on Sunday, Sheree! I am so excited and relieved all at once. Now if only a job will open up in this area!

Have you tried doing a computer system restore to a previous date, like a month earlier? Maybe that will work. My last VMK day will be the 12th (Monday). Leave for WDW on Tuesday and won't return until late the 24th. Hard to play right now though; I have nothing packed, my menu binder is not done, I'm missing the confirmation numbers for our ADRs, I still have had rotten luck ordering my birthday cake, and relatives are invading for graduation. Busy times indeed! I am a tad stressed out, in case ya can't tell! :rotfl:

Tell the kiddos gl with the end of the year. Will be over before they know it!

:hug: to you all.

Kelly we are all so, so proud of you and HAPPY BEYOND BELIEF for you! We all know how hard you've worked! Congrats! You will have a blast in WDW. We are leaving for DLR next weekend as my oldest son is getting his Master's in Astrophysics. Maybe we could all plan to meet up on Monday night for one final party and pictures! I am will ing to do it in the Dream Suite unless someone else wants to or maybe we can jsut go from room to room and take pictures-any thoughts. Busy week-survived another round-4 more to go....yuck but I guess I should be happy that's all it is. One play done, one closes tonight and then it's Open House and one more show and then a whole week off-what will I do with myself. Let me know if we all want to meet up and Kelly we will be by this afternoon to do your quest! Take care and hugs to all!

:grouphug: :grouphug: Happy Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful extended family! I am so thankful that each and every one of you are in my life!:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

My son is getting his master's in Astrophysics tomorrow and I am taking the entire family-5 kids, 3 with their spouses, and my 3 grandkids (20 months, 7 months and 4 months) all to DLR-need that picture in front of the castle!It doesn't get much better than a family protrait with your entire family at Disneyland!

Here is our final pictures! I'm still crying!

goodbye.jpg

goodbyeforever.jpg

My son is getting his master's in Astrophysics tomorrow and I am taking the entire family-5 kids, 3 with their spouses, and my 3 grandkids (20 months, 7 months and 4 months) all to DLR-need that picture in front of the castle!It doesn't get much better than a family protrait with your entire family at Disneyland!

Shine I'm just now reading this! Congrats! You must be so very very proud :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!