Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

So exciting! I will be following along in both places - can't think of anyone better to take on this hobby!
Thank you so much!!! :goodvibes That's so sweet. :cutie:

Fellow upstate NYer here taking my first solo trip in late July early August. Looking forward to your vlog for some great advice.
Yay - fellow upstate NYer! I'm super excited you'll get to see what Disney is like solo! (spoiler alert: it's awesome!) Thanks! I'll be very happy to have you :flower3:

This is awesome and such a good idea. Can't wait to check it out!
Thanks so much, Kari! :goodvibes

And better yet see ya sometime in August!!!
Woohoo! :hyper:

Awesome news! You will do a great job.
Thank you! :goodvibes

Where are you going to do your first solo character meal?
Ha! 1900 Park Fare!

I have done Garden Grill and 1900 Park Fare solo and found it easier with the non face characters.
I can see how that might be the case... :rolleyes::laughing: I guess I'll have to see what's in store for me ;)

I'll miss the August crew this year as we leave in 31 days for our anniversary trip.
That's right - yours is coming up really quickly! When was the last time your husband joined you at Disney!? How exciting!!! I can't think of a better place to spend your anniversary :goodvibes

Happy Graduation too!
Thank you! I cannot believe it's over. :faint::laughing:

Hi everyone! I have some exciting news to share... well, at least exciting to me :laughing: (I think this further confirms to my mom that I'll insist on being single forever... :rolleyes:).
:laughing:
It hasn't gone live yet, but will on July 1st. I'm going to focus on giving advice about going solo as well as reviewing table service restaurants solo. I have an ADR booked for August for my first - gulp - character meal solo! I figured I can't very well be a solo trip advice giver if I haven't done certain things myself solo. I plan to also try my hand at some solo vlogging on my August trip as part of the effort.
Wow! That's so cool!
I'm off doing solo fairly often too. I have zero intention of butting in on your new project, but if you want any other insight, let me know. Happy to help.
(Again... not butting in. Also happy to not help and just see what you have to say. :))
:scared1: I'm sure it'll be fine... I mean, I already know awkward pretty well, so I might as well throw a camera at it and start filming...
"awkward"... you have a weird way of spelling "adorable".
And my website is (will be): disneyforone.com.
Oh, man. Can you repost this when it goes live?
I have too much on my plate and I'll probably forget.
I want to see it!!
I'll be there August 17 (very late) to 23.
:sad2:
Looks like we'll just miss again.

Wow! That's so cool!
I'm off doing solo fairly often too. I have zero intention of butting in on your new project, but if you want any other insight, let me know. Happy to help.
Ooooh... I'm sensing guest posts in your future... :rolleyes1 You've clearly already qualified as a gifted and talented writer!

"awkward"... you have a weird way of spelling "adorable".
Awww shucks :blush:

Oh, man. Can you repost this when it goes live?
I have too much on my plate and I'll probably forget.
I want to see it!!
I sure will! :thumbsup2

Looks like we'll just miss again.
:sad2:

That's right - yours is coming up really quickly! When was the last time your husband joined you at Disney!? How exciting!!! I can't think of a better place to spend your anniversary :goodvibes
Yes, one month today! Bill hasn't been at Disney since our last family trip in March of 2016. Meanwhile, I've been 4 times since then....... :rolleyes1 It will be a great trip! We are also celebrating Bill's birthday there with Keys to the Kingdom AND dinner at V&A's. I can't wait!!

Hi everyone! I have some exciting news to share... well, at least exciting to me :laughing: (I think this further confirms to my mom that I'll insist on being single forever... :rolleyes:). As anyone who knows me, or has followed my PTRs and TRs, knows I am a solo trip loving Disneyphile. A few months ago, I got thinking "hmmm I should create a website/blog about solo tripping to Disney." So I've been working away on that ever since - hey, I knew school was winding down and had to fill my time with something, right? ;)

It hasn't gone live yet, but will on July 1st. I'm going to focus on giving advice about going solo as well as reviewing table service restaurants solo. I have an ADR booked for August for my first - gulp - character meal solo! I figured I can't very well be a solo trip advice giver if I haven't done certain things myself solo. I plan to also try my hand at some solo vlogging on my August trip as part of the effort. :scratchin :scared1: I'm sure it'll be fine... I mean, I already know awkward pretty well, so I might as well throw a camera at it and start filming...

Some of you are already Instagram buddies of mine on my Instagram account of the same name: disneyforone. For anyone else who wants to follow along on my solo adventures, feel free to follow along with me! And my website is (will be): disneyforone.com.

For those of you who plan to be in Disney in August, I can't wait to meet you! For anyone else who plans to be, let me know! I'll be there August 17 (very late) to 23.

For now, I'll leave you all with a picture of me on my thrill ride of choice: PeopleMover! ;) See ya real soon!

View attachment 405138

That is exciting! I've thought about starting a blog, but I barely have enough time to update my trip reports on a regular basis that I just can't commit to writing even more.

I look forward to reading about your solo adventures! Definitely post the link agin when it's live :goodvibes

That is exciting! I will def follow along!
Thanks! I'd be most happy to have you :thumbsup2

And I can't wait to meet you in August!
I am so excited!!! Can't wait to meet your kiddos, too :goodvibes

It would be an honour!
Oh the honor honour would be all mine!

<sigh>... some day.
Yeah... just saw your ticker... so close... again.

Yes, one month today! Bill hasn't been at Disney since our last family trip in March of 2016. Meanwhile, I've been 4 times since then....... :rolleyes1
Yay! I thought it'd been a while for Bill.

It will be a great trip! We are also celebrating Bill's birthday there with Keys to the Kingdom AND dinner at V&A's. I can't wait!!
I am so excited for you! It's going to be amazing :wizard:

That is exciting! I've thought about starting a blog, but I barely have enough time to update my trip reports on a regular basis that I just can't commit to writing even more.
It'll be a huge commitment for sure. I have blog posts written and scheduled up to July 22nd, so I can take a small breather. It'll be keeping up that'll be the challenge!

I look forward to reading about your solo adventures! Definitely post the link agin when it's live :goodvibes
I will! Thanks :goodvibes

Great idea. I have done 3 solo trips now but am always looking for more advice and tips on going solo. I have done a couple of character meals and it hasn’t been awkward. For some reason, I am more worried that some one will think I skipped out at a buffet and give my table away when I am at the getting food . This has never happened but for some reason that is my only fear when solo dining .

As a fellow solo travel lover, I can't wait to check out your website when it goes live!

I've done a few solo Character meals. I definitely prefer ones that are not buffets. The hardest part is finding someone to take pictures for you. Last time I just decided to go the selfie route. I suck a selfies but they were all characters I had meet before so I wasn't too worried about the pictures. Sometimes, I've grabbed guests at tables near by and other times CMs have volunteered to take pictures.

So cool that you will be doing your own Disney website!!!
Thank you Jenny!!! :goodvibes

Great idea. I have done 3 solo trips now but am always looking for more advice and tips on going solo.
I hope I have some helpful stuff for you! :goodvibes

I have done a couple of character meals and it hasn’t been awkward. For some reason, I am more worried that some one will think I skipped out at a buffet and give my table away when I am at the getting food .
Yes! I was worried about that at BoG a few years ago when I went up for my drink. Glad it hasn't happened to you though - hopefully I'll have the same luck! :laughing:

I just found you on IG and followed, and I'll be looking forward to your website launching!
Thank you! And thank you again! :goodvibes

As a fellow solo travel lover, I can't wait to check out your website when it goes live!
Awww thanks! You definitely have mastered the art of solo travel yourself! :thumbsup2

I've done a few solo Character meals. I definitely prefer ones that are not buffets.
Oh I can definitely see how that is the case. I think they'd be far less awkward.

The hardest part is finding someone to take pictures for you. Last time I just decided to go the selfie route.
Yes! I've really tried to up my selfie game on my last few trips... to mixed success :rotfl:

I'll follow on I-gram...and good luck with the blog!!
Thank you so much!!! :goodvibes

That is so super cool about your website!! I'm definitely in!! I did a sort of solo trip in Feb but got lucky that @DonnaBeeGood was there at the same time so I got to spend lots of time with her. I've still not done a TS meal at Disney solo - though I did finally try one in Vegas lol. I look forward to reading your tips!!!

That's exciting news! I look forward to seeing it when it goes live! :cheer2:
Thank you so much! :goodvibes It's definitely given me an "outlet" post-graduation... and one that's Disney related? Even better! ;)

Congrats! This is so exciting!!! Def following along!
Aww, thank you so much!!! I look forward to having you there :goodvibes

That is so super cool about your website!! I'm definitely in!!
Thanks, Kathy!!! :goodvibes

I did a sort of solo trip in Feb but got lucky that @DonnaBeeGood was there at the same time so I got to spend lots of time with her.
That's right! I remember following along on that trip - what fun to have had @DonnaBeeGood there :goodvibes I'm looking forward to the day I can meet you both off the boards ;)

I've still not done a TS meal at Disney solo - though I did finally try one in Vegas lol. I look forward to reading your tips!!!
Once I braved my first TS meal solo, it made the others easier and easier (okay, Prime Time was a bit awkward :laughing: but my "cousin" made it so worth it!). I definitely give you props for conquering Vegas solo! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!