Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

In many ways, your spreadsheet looks very similar to mine. When I get back home I try to adjust it back to what I really did. Depending upon the trip that can vary quite a bit.
That's a great idea! :thumbsup2 Might have to steal that from you - it'd help with trip reporting ;)

When I was there in March, they had Fantasmic and Star Wars FW timed out so that you could hit both the same night
That would be ideal... too bad that's not the case! I don't know yet whether I'll commit to Fantasmic, but I haven't seen it in ages so it'd be nice to squeeze in.

3 MK and HEA nights?
Highly unlikely, actually. I just like to note which nighttime events are going on at the park I plan to be at. But we all know that can change in an instant :laughing:

I've forgotten from your earlier reports: have you done a night at AK yet?
I haven't done RoL yet but I've spent a few nights in Pandora - which is somehow even more amazing at night than even during the day :wizard:

Plus the safari at night was really different and the nighttime vibe around AK is really different, especially in Pandora.
I've never done the Safari at night! Thanks for the tip :thumbsup2

You're inside a month...have fun!!
Hard to believe!!! Thank you! :goodvibes

Glad to hear your grandfather is doing better!
Thank you! :goodvibes

Your plans look fantastic! It will be a fun trip for you, especially having your dad join here and there!!
I'm very excited about that - and I know you appreciate the parent trips, too :thumbsup2;)

I can't even believe May is right around the corner!!! So exciting for your trip to be so close!
It's VERY hard to believe! I can't believe I'm at 2+ weeks now... even if it is 2 weeks and 6 days :laughing:

...I haven't done RoL yet but I've spent a few nights in Pandora - which is somehow even more amazing at night than even during the day :wizard:
...I've never done the Safari at night! Thanks for the tip :thumbsup2
The night I went to AK was kind of unplanned. I think I was at HS during the day and used my 3 FP's there. I had already seen Fantasmic and SW FW the same night, which opened up another night for me, which is how I was able to check out AK at night. (Plus it gave me another chance to have a meal at Satuli Canteen, which I love.) Anyway, I figured I'd just go over there and see RoL standby or from a bridge. However, after I used up my last FP at DHS, I saw a Safari FP for just after dusk at AK that would get me out in time for RoL, so I snagged that...then after checking in for the Safari, I was able to get a RoL FP. I was surprised to get either of those FP's, especially because it was a fairly busy spring break week, but it turned into a nice evening at AK. As I mentioned earlier, RoL isn't a showstopper, but I'd definitely experience it at least once.

Plus it gave me another chance to have a meal at Satuli Canteen, which I love.
Yes, excellent idea - I love Satuli, too! :thumbsup2

RoL isn't a showstopper, but I'd definitely experience it at least once.
Even though you hadn't necessarily intended for your evening to happen that way, I think I may try to borrow your strategy and try to snag a late FP for RoL. I had a FP for it for my August trip, but it was sprinkling and I just wanted to head to Pandora so I ended up trading it in for something else instead. Maybe this trip I'll actually manage to see it! Thanks for the advice! :goodvibes

:wave2:

Catching up! :)

The good news is that I finished up my semester a couple weeks ago so I've been basking in the post-semester glow that will last another month or so before my summer semester starts :hyper:

Yay! Sit back and put your feet up for a bit!

Ummm.... just tossing ideas around in my head, but... are you going to be around in September?
I might be able to visit a certain glass museum........

I also haven't posted much because one of my grandfathers has had a very rough month and we were all very concerned for a while.

:hug: Sorry to hear that.

He seems to be better now, and I hope that'll continue with each passing day! :cutie:

But glad to hear he's doing better now. :)

my dad will be joining me here and there as he is still in Florida and hasn't left yet for Indiana

Yay! Nice!

And now for the "Disney Excel Sheet" that so many of us live for :laughing: :hyper:

:laughing:

Is it me or is making up the spreadsheet half the fun?! :rotfl:

:rolleyes1

I didn't bother with Monday, May 21 as I have a 6am flight back to NY... and you all know what that means for pick-up time... :scared1:

Yes... yes, I know.... ugh!!

Star Wars dessert party on Tuesday and Keys to the Kingdom on Saturday!

:hyper: Lucky!!! Good for you!

You'll also note that I'm a park-hoppin' princess...

upload_2018-4-25_11-17-22.jpeg

I like to stack Epcot and MK together and Epcot and HS together because of the ease of getting between these parks.

::yes::

I've been known to walk between Epcot and HS even on the hottest of days because... I don't belong in NY state and fancy myself a southern girl at heart :laughing:

Look at you! A southern belle!

Might have to break out my BB-8 hair bow a week or so before my trip for the occasion ;)

Ohh la la. All fancy and all. :)

Last edited:

The good news is that I finished up my semester a couple weeks ago so I've been basking in the post-semester glow that will last another month or so before my summer semester starts :hyper:

Congrats!!! I'm exactly where you are, as I just finished my last school-related commitment this morning! :cloud9: Enjoy!

I also haven't posted much because one of my grandfathers has had a very rough month and we were all very concerned for a while. That kind of prevented me from getting too excited about my trip because I honestly wasn't sure what his state would be as the trip approached. He seems to be better now, and I hope that'll continue with each passing day! :cutie:

So sorry to hear this. But glad that things seems to be looking up. I'll keep him in mind, and I hope that he continues to do well! This reminded me of my own great grandmother, who's in her nineties now. A couple of years ago, she got quite sick and ended up in the hospital for a bit, and it got to the point where we were all preparing ourselves for the worst...and then suddenly over a few days she started bouncing back, and was back home not much later. And that was years ago! Hoping for the same for your grandfather and your family!

Is it me or is making up the spreadsheet half the fun?! :rotfl:

Absolutely! I didn't bother doing one for the solo days I've got in May because it was a short trip and just seemed silly...now I'm REALLY missing it and wishing I had, so I just might anyway. Ahhhh the colours...the crisp straight lines...the logical expression of boatloads of Disney fun, packed into one organizational tool... *sigh* :-)

I believe I'll just miss many of you on your May trips and I am so bummed about that.

Me too! I'm sadly missing so many folks travelling in May! :sad1: (Apparently everyone else is smarter than me and doesn't want to get anywhere near Memorial Day weekend!) But we'll all just be itching to hear about your trip when you get back!! And how nice that your dad can join you for a bit!

Ahh, be still, my heart ;)

Ummm.... just tossing ideas around in my head, but... are you going to be around in September?
I might be able to visit a certain glass museum........
YES YES YES and YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hug: Sorry to hear that.
Thank you :hug:

:hyper: Lucky!!! Good for you!
Yeah... I'm just a little bit excited about this ;)

I knew you'd understand. So few people get me :snooty: :laughing:

Look at you! A southern belle!
See above comment. ;)

Ohh la la. All fancy and all. :)
See also above comment. ;)

Congrats!!! I'm exactly where you are, as I just finished my last school-related commitment this morning! :cloud9: Enjoy!
YAY!!! Congrats to you!!! What a great feeling it is, right?! :hug:

So sorry to hear this. But glad that things seems to be looking up. I'll keep him in mind, and I hope that he continues to do well! This reminded me of my own great grandmother, who's in her nineties now. A couple of years ago, she got quite sick and ended up in the hospital for a bit, and it got to the point where we were all preparing ourselves for the worst...and then suddenly over a few days she started bouncing back, and was back home not much later. And that was years ago! Hoping for the same for your grandfather and your family!
Thank you so much for sharing this encouraging story! I really appreciate it :hug:

Absolutely! I didn't bother doing one for the solo days I've got in May because it was a short trip and just seemed silly...now I'm REALLY missing it and wishing I had, so I just might anyway. Ahhhh the colours...the crisp straight lines...the logical expression of boatloads of Disney fun, packed into one organizational tool... *sigh* :-)
DO IT!!!! I couldn't agree more with everything you said :thumbsup2

Me too! I'm sadly missing so many folks travelling in May! :sad1:
Ugh, what a bummer! We all really need to coordinate better next time :laughing:

But we'll all just be itching to hear about your trip when you get back!! And how nice that your dad can join you for a bit!
Thank you! I can't wait to write it all up and share :goodvibes I'm pretty excited my dad will be able to join me a bit, too! :thumbsup2

As I've noted before, I have a couple ADRs: Sci-Fi on Thursday and Kona Café on Friday. I was debating trying to squeeze in another but with Flower & Garden, I'll be eating a LOT in Epcot. But perhaps the two things I'm most looking forward to this trip are the Star Wars dessert party on Tuesday and Keys to the Kingdom on Saturday! Many of you have commented on both of these and I'm so grateful for your input!

Nice! So jealous of your trip! You'll have to let us know about the KTTK tour! And I really enjoy the SW dessert party!

I've been known to walk between Epcot and HS even on the hottest of days because... I don't belong in NY state and fancy myself a southern girl at heart :laughing:

Haha I knew that!!

My goal is to someday be at Disney for May the Fourth, of course. :chewy:But this year I'll have to settle for paying tribute to Star Wars with a little more subtlety.

Yes!! 2019!!! 2020!!! 2021!!! (The list obviously goes on and on...)

Dismeets are some of my very happiest memories of my Disney trips and this is the first solo trip I think I've taken in many years where I don't have a Dismeet planned :sad:

Virtual Dismeet?? :)

You'll have to let us know about the KTTK tour!
Yes! I surely will. In as much detail as I'm allowed :laughing:

And I really enjoy the SW dessert party!
This is one of the things I'm most looking forward to I think :hyper:

Haha I knew that!!
;)

Yes!! 2019!!! 2020!!! 2021!!! (The list obviously goes on and on...)
YES! YES! YES!!!

Virtual Dismeet?? :)
:thumbsup2

Late to the party, but I am enjoying reading about your trip.
So happy to have you here, Greg! :goodvibes I'll be getting my May TR up shortly after I return... so you'll be able to jump right into that if you'd like! :thumbsup2

One.

I told you that was reserved for you and I've never used it anywhere else.
:lovestruc

When plans start firming up a bit, I'll let you know. :)
Yes, please do!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

If boredom means blocking my calendar at work for September 25 and the day before and after - just in case - then yes, VERY bored!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::jumping1::jumping1::hyper::hyper::hyper:
:laughing:
I can guarantee that it won't be the 25th. That's the only date I know for sure. I'll be in Toronto watching and listening to Elton John.
Extremely likely it won't be the day before. Quite likely that it could be the day after though. :)

I can guarantee that it won't be the 25th. That's the only date I know for sure. I'll be in Toronto watching and listening to Elton John.
Extremely likely it won't be the day before. Quite likely that it could be the day after though. :)
Ooooh, Elton John! :thumbsup2

I'll just play it safe and block the whole week :laughing: ;) ::yes:: :thumbsup2

Hi Tracey! I am very late to the party but I rhave read all of your TR updates! I enjoyed reading about your August 2017 TR, and I'm really sorry about your pictures:sad1:
Your January trip looked really fun with your family!

Yay for a trip thats so soon! I am looking forward to hearing about the Keys to the Kingdom and The SW Dessert Party! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter