Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

Hi, friends! I've been thinking about possibly booking a tour for my May trip. I know at least some of you have experienced some of these and I'm hoping you'll weigh in and let me know if you thought the price tag was worth it. I'm thinking maybe Keys to the Kingdom or Marceline to Magic Kingdom. Or even Behind the Seeds! I'm hesitant to commit to tons of time anywhere beyond Epcot since it's F&G and all... but I have always wanted to do one of the MK tours, so... :rolleyes1

Hope everyone is having a good week! Thanks in advance for your recommendations :thumbsup2

Hi, friends! I've been thinking about possibly booking a tour for my May trip. I know at least some of you have experienced some of these and I'm hoping you'll weigh in and let me know if you thought the price tag was worth it. I'm thinking maybe Keys to the Kingdom or Marceline to Magic Kingdom. Or even Behind the Seeds! I'm hesitant to commit to tons of time anywhere beyond Epcot since it's F&G and all... but I have always wanted to do one of the MK tours, so... :rolleyes1

Hope everyone is having a good week! Thanks in advance for your recommendations :thumbsup2
Sorry I can't help at all! Haven't done any tours except the Epcot DiveQuest one.

Hi Tracy, been lurking a bit on your thread and wanted to quickly chime in on the Behind the Seeds Tour. I've done it twice and have loved it both times. I don't even think you have to be a plant geek to like it. For less than $50 it's totally worth it! I took my older teens and 21-yr old last time and they really enjoyed it too. I've read a ton of reviews on the other Tours in the MK and if I were to choose one, I'd do the Train Tour.

Last edited:

I have no advice for you, but the Keys to the Kingdom Tour would be the one I would want to do.
I think if I did one in MK, that's also the one I'd do :thumbsup2

Sorry I can't help at all! Haven't done any tours except the Epcot DiveQuest one.
Oh, yes! I do remember that! :hyper:

Hi! I feel like I "know" you already from other reports ;) So happy you dropped by!

For less than $50 it's totally worth it!
It's funny because I'm OBSESSED with LWTL and I always love to see the people doing Behind the Seeds. And you're right, the price tag does seem to be a bargain. Plus... I think I'll be spending a ton of time at Epcot this trip anyway, so this makes sense from a practical standpoint, too. ::yes:: Thanks for your recommendation! :goodvibes

I've read a ton of reviews on the other Tours in the MK and if I were to choose one, I'd do the Train Tour.
I saw reviews for that too and they were the top rated among most if not all tours if I remember right?

Keys to the Kingdom is the only one I've done and I'd certainly recommend it. We did it a few years ago - at the time, I think there was a better discount using a Disney Visa than an AP. Not sure if that's still the case, but you might want to look into it. Also, if you grab one of the earlier times before the park opens, you can wander around a very uncrowded Main Street for a bit...that's an unusual experience in itself.

My wife and daughter did Behind the Seeds one time and they really enjoyed that, as well. I think I used that time with my son to do a couple single rider Test Track rides...

Having done all three of the tours you're considering, here are my opinions :)

Behind the Seeds: We really enjoyed this a lot more than I even thought I would!! There were a lot of cool facts and interesting information shared, but my most favorite part was walking around in the greenhouses waving to people who were on the ride :) It was really neat to see all of the behind the scenes things, but also a close up view of the little signs, etc. We got to feed the fish in some of the tanks, too. Definitely worth the cost, though it's closer to an hr and half to two hours. I definitely didn't plan for that amount of time forcing us to race across the park in order to not miss our Frozen Ever After FP...oops! :)

Marceline to MK: My Mom and I did this tour in December 2016. It was about 3 hours, which was perfect. We rode Carousel of Progress and Haunted Mansion during our tour, as well as went backstage behind Fantasyland. I loved hearing the stories about Walt, even though I was familiar with many of them, while walking along through the Magic Kingdom. I HIGHLY recommend this tour, especially if you're wanting to do a tour without spending an entire day on it. The cost is more affordable than KTTK, too.

KTTK: Rob and I did this tour in January and absolutely LOVED it! It is basically a 5 hour version of Marceline to MK tour--there isn't a ton of repeat in the information or stories, which I really liked. There were a lot of secrets and tidbits pointed out that even a veteran Disney lover/goer may have missed before! The highlights of this tour for me were going backstage in a new area, seeing the Once Upon a Christmastime and Festival of Fantasy parade floats, AND of course, THE UTILIDORS!!!!! Lunch is included in this tour, as well. Even though we spent a good chunk of our day on this tour, I didn't feel like we were cheated out of park time because we got to experience some attractions and had plenty of park time left following the tour. I'd recommend getting on the first or second tour of the day!

Hope that helps :) If I can clarify anything, let me know!

Keys to the Kingdom is the only one I've done and I'd certainly recommend it. We did it a few years ago - at the time, I think there was a better discount using a Disney Visa than an AP.
Oooh, good point about discounts! I am notorious for forgetting to ask for both AP discounts and Disney Visa discounts :sad2:

Also, if you grab one of the earlier times before the paI rk opens, you can wander around a very uncrowded Main Street for a bit...that's an unusual experience in itself.
Excellent point!!! :thumbsup2

My wife and daughter did Behind the Seeds one time and they really enjoyed that, as well.
Great to hear ::yes::

I think I used that time with my son to do a couple single rider Test Track rides...
Ha, good use of your time, too ;)

Having done all three of the tours you're considering, here are my opinions :)
Yay!

favorite part was walking around in the greenhouses waving to people who were on the ride
That's SO funny you say that because I love being on LWTL and waving to people on the tour :laughing: Would be fun to be on the "other side" of the wave ;)

Definitely worth the cost, though it's closer to an hr and half to two hours. I definitely didn't plan for that amount of time forcing us to race across the park in order to not miss our Frozen Ever After FP...oops! :)
Good to know!

Marceline to MK:

It was about 3 hours, which was perfect. We rode Carousel of Progress and Haunted Mansion during our tour, as well as went backstage behind Fantasyland. I loved hearing the stories about Walt, even though I was familiar with many of them, while walking along through the Magic Kingdom.
Ahh, so many choices! This one looks so good and your glowing recommendation makes me want to do it even more!

I HIGHLY recommend this tour, especially if you're wanting to do a tour without spending an entire day on it. The cost is more affordable than KTTK, too.
This is a good point and one I've also considered for the time alone.

I'd recommend getting on the first or second tour of the day!
:thumbsup2 KTTK is probably my "top choice" just based on what you can do and see, but it is SO long and not cheap. I so appreciate you breaking this all down for me, if only the decision was easy :rotfl:

Hope that helps :) If I can clarify anything, let me know!
You've been so helpful, Jackie - thank you!!! :goodvibes

Hi! I haven't done Behind the Seeds yet but every review of it I read is positive. I have done KTTK and Marceline and while we really enjoyed Marceline (one part in particular), I would pick KTTK first. I have to agree with everything @missjackiemcg said about it :) We did it a few years ago when lunch was at CHH, and that's the only thing I think kind of stinks now because I believe lunch was better then but OMG the tour was fabulous. Ours was either 8 or 8:30 so we were done early afternoon and still had lots of hours left in the day. I understand not wanting to give up so much park time but after you're done you'll be glad you did!

That's SO funny you say that because I love being on LWTL and waving to people on the tour :laughing: Would be fun to be on the "other side" of the wave ;)
I also got very nerd-like excited about the fact that you get to walk through a door with a sign on it that says, "Door Opens On Stage." I turned around and said to my family, "GUYS!!! We're going ON STAGE!!" They shook their heads and just looked at me. :)

You've been so helpful, Jackie - thank you!!! :goodvibes
Glad I had some info to share!! :) If you're ever interested in Wild Africa Trek, that was amazing, too!

We did it a few years ago when lunch was at CHH, and that's the only thing I think kind of stinks now because I believe lunch was better then but OMG the tour was fabulous.
@ariane37 I was SUPER disappointed in that part!!! I hadn't realized the lunch location changed until a couple weeks before our trip. We've never eaten at CHH, and I was really looking forward to sitting up in that little room with the window looking out. Plus, the day of our tour it was sunny at least but FREEZING!!!! Eating at the Tomorrowland Terrace was fine but not as good as CHH would have been!

I have done KTTK and Marceline and while we really enjoyed Marceline (one part in particular), I would pick KTTK first.
I was definitely leaning towards KTTK, you've sold me if I do a MK tour! :thumbsup2

Ours was either 8 or 8:30 so we were done early afternoon and still had lots of hours left in the day. I understand not wanting to give up so much park time but after you're done you'll be glad you did!
Very good point, and I know I would :goodvibes

I also got very nerd-like excited about the fact that you get to walk through a door with a sign on it that says, "Door Opens On Stage."
Oh I would have done the same :laughing:

I turned around and said to my family, "GUYS!!! We're going ON STAGE!!" They shook their heads and just looked at me. :)
:rotfl:

Glad I had some info to share!! :)
Me, too!

If you're ever interested in Wild Africa Trek, that was amazing, too!
I'm so impressed you've done so many tours! :thumbsup2 Someday I'll get to all of them ::yes::

I'm so impressed you've done so many tours! :thumbsup2 Someday I'll get to all of them ::yes::
I had read so many TRs where people talked about how amazing the tours were that I finally decided to give one a try! They're addicting--like, "I MUST know more!!!!" Plus, you do get a discount on almost all of them when you pay with a Disney Visa!

I had read so many TRs where people talked about how amazing the tours were that I finally decided to give one a try! They're addicting--like, "I MUST know more!!!!"
YES!!! I totally get that "must know more!" attitude! ::yes::

Plus, you do get a discount on almost all of them when you pay with a Disney Visa!
Nice! I never think about my Disney Visa... thanks for the tip :thumbsup2

Piping in on the tour discussion- I have done KTTK twice , Marceline , and Undiscovered Future World. It was about 5 years in between KTTK tours ( and with different people with me ) I love this tour. To me , Marceline went into more details about the rides and the imagineers whereas Keys was more about history and Walt. Does that make sense ?.Undiscovered, was like keys but for EPCOT - future world. I did this during F & W last year . I really enjoyed all 3 but if I had to rank for me personally - it would be Keys then Undiscovered then Marceline. I have done other tours too but they were the more kid friendly ones and don’t think those are what you are looking for this trip. There is also a tour in EPCOT of the countries ( I forgot the name) but it is like 5 hours and I always back out if I am on a shorter trip and so far still haven’t done it. Hope that helps a little .

Yes! That helps a ton! I really, really want to do KTTK and given all the incredible reviews of that tour, that's definitely my top choice. I just now need to figure out if I want to rearrange some of my days to accommodate that kind of commitment since a ton of my time this trip will be spent at Epcot/F&G :laughing: But I'm going to take a look at my days and see what I can do :rolleyes1 Besides, tweaking my itinerary is something I already do plenty of :laughing: Thanks so much for your reviews!!! :goodvibes

Reactions: DLo
We loved Marceline to the Magic Kingdom!!! But I'm also interested in Keys, so I'm sure that would be an awesome choice.

We have done KTTKT, Marceline to Magic, and UnDiscovered Future World, loved all three. My absolute favorite was Marceline to Magic, what a great tour, loved everything about it and our tour guide was Phenomenal. You can’t go wrong with either of the MK ones. KTTKT is longer than Marceline.

We loved Marceline to the Magic Kingdom!!!
Awesome! I've heard so many good things about this one :thumbsup2

But I'm also interested in Keys, so I'm sure that would be an awesome choice.
I've always wanted to do Keys... but it's SO long :laughing: But from what I hear, it's worth every penny and minute :thumbsup2

We have done KTTKT, Marceline to Magic, and UnDiscovered Future World, loved all three.
Nice! I really want to do all of those, too. Maybe one this next trip ;)

My absolute favorite was Marceline to Magic, what a great tour, loved everything about it and our tour guide was Phenomenal.
This is so good to know!

You can’t go wrong with either of the MK ones. KTTKT is longer than Marceline.
I think you're right, you can't go wrong either way :goodvibes Especially for people like us who absolutely love Disney :wizard:

I have surpassed @ariane37 in our competition for Worst TR Reporter of 2017 :rotfl:

No, I'm pretty sure I win this award. :rotfl: But, hey, I still remembered how to log on here, so yay. :thumbsup2 I'm really sorry about the missing pictures, what a bummer. Glad you have another trip to look forward to, though. We did KTTK a bunch of years ago now and really enjoyed it. I've heard only good things about Behind the Seeds, but haven't done that. I don't think you can go too wrong, though.

No, I'm pretty sure I win this award. :rotfl:
:laughing: Well you're in good company then ;)

But, hey, I still remembered how to log on here, so yay. :thumbsup2
That counts for something, right?! :rotfl:

We did KTTK a bunch of years ago now and really enjoyed it. I've heard only good things about Behind the Seeds, but haven't done that. I don't think you can go too wrong, though.
I'm so glad to hear that because... I literally JUST booked KTTK! Like just got off the phone with them :laughing: There's a small chance I'll end up booking Behind the Seeds for this trip too, but I'm already booking stuff for this trip like a crazy person so maybe I'll save something for the next trip :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts