Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

Sorry you lost all your August pictures, those darn electronic devices we are so attached to!

Yay! A new trip in May, sounds wonderful. We will be there the end of April for our last AP use:sad: and F&G

Your niece and nephew are so cute, looks like a fun day at AK!

I have heard many reports of the cold weather in January. I agree with you how the Florida cold feels as cold as our below zero:sad2:. Most be the wet cold. I use to laugh at my folks when they lived in AZ, it would be a 110 and they would say not bad it is a dry heat:scared:

Hi Tracy. Sorry about all your phone and computer problems. We had the same issue here with Jason's phone and our desktop computer going down at about the same time. Thankfully most of our pictures were on an external hard drive for the computer, but we lost most of his phone ones.

So glad to hear you have a trip coming up in May. We booked one the other day too, but for August so no meeting for us o_O

I am thinking about our next trip around F&G but next year... sooo far away.... Everyone's TRs will have to hold me over!
That's the beauty of TRs, isn't it? Thank goodness for these! ::yes::

I will def be starting one. I am writing out my notes now, so I don't forget the good stuff from the end of the trip! And organizing all the pics!
Yay!

(According to the lady who worked at Discovery Cove and chatted us up about our wedding, you should never settle!! :laughing:)
That's right! You should never settle :rotfl:

I'm glad to see your update but not the reason why - like everyone else who has chimed in I feel so bad that you lost your devices and the pictures, oh my gosh!!
Thank you! I really am heartbroken over it... :sad1:

I need to find a way to get myself back down there. It's hard to go from a year of trips to nothing, nada, zip, zero on the horizon.
I know that feeling! Hopefully something will work out so you won't have to suffer for too long! :thumbsup2

The kids look so excited at AK! Train 'em young and instill them with a love of WDW
Exactly! I can always take them with me in the future... when they're a little older of course. :laughing: Can't handle them both by myself at Disney yet :scared1:

Sorry you lost all your August pictures, those darn electronic devices we are so attached to!
Thank you! I know it :sad2:

Yay! A new trip in May, sounds wonderful. We will be there the end of April for our last AP use:sad: and F&G
The last one?! Oh no. Are you renewing? I can't decide what I'll do when mine expires in August. With my school semesters such as they are, it'll be hard to justify renewing it since I don't envision being able to put it to use enough to justify it... :sad: But then again, it's hard to go back from having one to not having one... :rolleyes1:laughing:

Your niece and nephew are so cute, looks like a fun day at AK!
Thank you! It really was so wonderful to see Disney through their little eyes :cloud9:

I use to laugh at my folks when they lived in AZ, it would be a 110 and they would say not bad it is a dry heat:scared:
Right?! :laughing:

Wait, what? If you could just change May to March, that would be super!
How about I just go in March AND May?! :rotfl: If only... :rolleyes:

Sorry you pictures are MIA, can you access the iCloud from your new laptop to retrieve your iPhone pics?
While I had sworn I was able to get them from my old laptop into the cloud before my laptop completely bit the dust, I seem to only be able to locate pictures from my Disney trip the time before that one... which to be honest I had thought about picking through to find appropriate ones that would match up with stories from this TR :laughing:

Hi Tracy. Sorry about all your phone and computer problems. We had the same issue here with Jason's phone and our desktop computer going down at about the same time. Thankfully most of our pictures were on an external hard drive for the computer, but we lost most of his phone ones.
Thank you! I am just so heartbroken over it :sad2: I'm glad that your photo disaster was somewhat abated by the external hard drive... sometimes I take it for granted that things will just... work :headache:

So glad to hear you have a trip coming up in May. We booked one the other day too, but for August so no meeting for us o_O
Thanks! I'm pretty excited to be seeing F&G again! Oh so now you're going in August!? Too bad we didn't get the August memo the same year! ;):laughing:

Wow, sorry to hear your pics are gone. Its really frustrating when devices are either lost or busted. I still have qualms about letting pictures automatically go to iCloud or Google, but I suppose I'll get over it one of these days. I guess there are probably some from your PhotoPass from your AP, right?

The only way to make up for lost Disney pictures is to go again. You've already done that.

Sorry the weather wasn't great for your January trip, although it looks nice and clear in the pictures you've posted so far. Even though it was cold there, I would think it still has to beat upstate New York in January.

I'll miss you on the May trip by about a year. I owed my son a trip, so I took him almost those exact dates as yours (I think it was May 17-22), but in 2017. It was busy, but not too awful. Days were getting pretty hot and I only recall a shower or two.

I just bought a new AP on Friday before the price increase hit. Have a solo trip coming up next month, then my wife and I will go in August, then I'll get another solo in next March before it expires. I never renew it as there's usually at least a several month gap where it makes no sense to have one. I tend to do a solo trip every March and generally get 2 March trips out of one AP, plus at least one in the middle.

Oh no I'm so sorry about your August pictures :( That's a bummer!

But excited to read about January and hear that you are returning in a few months!

Your AK sounds like it was really nice!!

That blows about all your pictures, I'm so sorry!

And then... maybe I'll do a little bit of a PTR for my next trip... officially booked yesterday! I'll be heading back down to Flower & Garden this year from May 14-21!
Nice! I'm happy we're going to F&G in March but last night I started bringing up the idea of a May trip to Steve :laughing: Besides the fall I think May is my favorite month to go.

My sister Ashley and I became the pack-mules of the trip. We had either a child on our back, or one of 83 backpacks my sister and brother-in-law insisted we needed..
Ah, the crap that goes with bringing kids to the parks!

From there we happened upon Donald! The line was non-existent so the kids had lots of great interactions :thumbsup2
Cathy and I wanted to meet safari Donald last week but his line was too long, I love his outfit! Guess I'll try to make the boys meet him with me next month :D I'm enjoying hearing about your Jan. trip!

Hi, friends! Remember me?

hmmm.... pretty lady to the East of me. Yep! I remember.

Bad news first... my TR has come to a stand still. A permanent one. You may remember I lost both my iPhone AND my laptop pretty much back-to-back... and you might have just now also came to this sad conclusion: all traces of my August photos are on those two devices. As my laptop was on its final few days, I tried hard to get the most important photos off it but alas, it just didn't happen. :(

Well.... poop! That sucks.

We've probably all been there.

officially booked yesterday!

Woot!!

I'll be heading back down to Flower & Garden this year from May 14-21! Anyone else gonna be there at that time?! ;)

I wish!

Someday our paths will intersect.

They are about 20 minutes from Disney.

So... does that make them go more often... or less?

The weather, as many of you have already reported, was pretty much terrible.

So I heard. Sorry you got caught up in that silliness.

I had two pairs of leggings on under a pair of jeans, four layers of shirts, and I was still freezing!

Holy smokes! How were you able to move with all that on???

My sister Ashley and I became the pack-mules of the trip. We had either a child on our back, or one of 83 backpacks my sister and brother-in-law insisted we needed... :scratchin Sometimes we had a child AND a backpack. Here we are heading for AK!
img_0434-jpg.301305

Now be honest.... You loved it, didn't you.

We headed immediately for Pandora. Just kidding.

:rolleyes1

"Just hang on kids. We're going to stand in this line for 3 hours..."

We went straight to Dinoland! :laughing:

:sad2:

But then again.... I can see the attraction for the littles.

And proceeded to ride TriceraTop Spin approximately 374 times.

:laughing: I've done that! Except mine was Aladdin's Magic Carpets.

Sherry and Heather aren't morning people, so they would join us later! Come to think of it... maybe they just needed a break :rotfl:

;) ::yes::

This picture of my niece is just precious. I don't know why we aren't on the ride ourselves though? So maybe the two of us just rode 373 times that day, I stand corrected.

img_0560-jpg.301306

It's a cute photo of both of you. ::yes::

We hit up the Safari of course! And the kids absolutely loved this!

What's not to love? Critters!

Actually, now that I just popped it in, I notice Heather is missing... and now remember she was NOT having any of it! You can see her in the red jacket at the right though - clearly the tree is far more interesting than we were :scratchin

:lmao:

I think Disney cold is worse than other cold. It’s the same on the Gulf Coast — wet cold feels so much worse.

^^^ THIS ^^^

You are in Florida and you expect it to be warm. When it's not- the cold is SO much worse than if you were at home!

:cold:

Oh no :(
It's ok, though! Happy to hear about this other trip :) Always fun with family! and albeit maybe a little crazy, too!

Sounds like you had an awesome AK day!!! :)

I wish I was going to be there when you are! We are surprising the boys with a cruise for spring break!

Wow, sorry to hear your pics are gone. Its really frustrating when devices are either lost or busted. I still have qualms about letting pictures automatically go to iCloud or Google, but I suppose I'll get over it one of these days. I guess there are probably some from your PhotoPass from your AP, right?
Thank you! I was in denial for a while, thinking I could somehow recover them. But, alas...

Yep, I do have mine from my PhotoPass at least! :thumbsup2

The only way to make up for lost Disney pictures is to go again
You got that right! ::yes::

Sorry the weather wasn't great for your January trip, although it looks nice and clear in the pictures you've posted so far. Even though it was cold there, I would think it still has to beat upstate New York in January.
So true! The weather wasn't bad at all for our AK day. It went downhill after that day... real fast :scared1:

I'll miss you on the May trip by about a year.
Too bad we didn't get our years straight! ;)

It was busy, but not too awful. Days were getting pretty hot and I only recall a shower or two.
Good to know! I don't mind the heat, it's the crowds and rain that bother me :laughing:

I just bought a new AP on Friday before the price increase hit.
Woohoo! That's a great feeling, isn't it?!

Have a solo trip coming up next month, then my wife and I will go in August, then I'll get another solo in next March before it expires.
:thumbsup2

Oh no I'm so sorry about your August pictures :( That's a bummer!
Thank you! It really was a bummer.

But excited to read about January and hear that you are returning in a few months!
Thanks! :goodvibes

Your AK sounds like it was really nice!!
It really was a great day. The kids absolutely loved this park!

That blows about all your pictures, I'm so sorry!
Thanks! It totally does. :sad2:

Nice! I'm happy we're going to F&G in March but last night I started bringing up the idea of a May trip to Steve :laughing: Besides the fall I think May is my favorite month to go.
YES! I think May 14-21 is an especially nice time to go... :rolleyes1

Ah, the crap that goes with bringing kids to the parks!
You got that right :laughing:

Cathy and I wanted to meet safari Donald last week but his line was too long, I love his outfit! Guess I'll try to make the boys meet him with me next month :D
Yes, you absolutely must! :rotfl:

I'm enjoying hearing about your Jan. trip!
Thanks :goodvibes It'll tide me over until May's TR at least ;)

hmmm.... pretty lady to the East of me. Yep! I remember.
Awww, shucks :blush:

Well.... poop! That sucks.

We've probably all been there.
Ugh, totally does!

Someday our paths will intersect.
You got that right. :thumbsup2 And also... someday my prince will come :rolleyes1

So... does that make them go more often... or less?
More for sure!

So I heard. Sorry you got caught up in that silliness.
It was some serious silliness... :sad2:

Holy smokes! How were you able to move with all that on???
Remember A Christmas Story... it went something like that... :laughing:

Now be honest.... You loved it, didn't you.
I did, I did... ;)

"Just hang on kids. We're going to stand in this line for 3 hours..."
Exactly :rotfl:

:laughing: I've done that! Except mine was Aladdin's Magic Carpets.
The things you do for the kids... or was that for you?! :rotfl2:

It's a cute photo of both of you. ::yes::
Aww thanks :goodvibes

^^^ THIS ^^^

You are in Florida and you expect it to be warm. When it's not- the cold is SO much worse than if you were at home!
Right?! I couldn't agree more!

Oh no :(
It's ok, though! Happy to hear about this other trip :) Always fun with family! and albeit maybe a little crazy, too!
Crazy, yes! But also tons of fun indeed ::yes::

Sounds like you had an awesome AK day!!! :)
Thanks, we really did, the kids absolutely loved this park.

I wish I was going to be there when you are! We are surprising the boys with a cruise for spring break!
I saw your ticker - how fun! And how fun to surprise them, too :goodvibes But bummer we'll miss each other!

Oh, technology, how I hate you! So sad you lost your pictures :( but at least you have the memories!!

;) You may also remember me saying there was a small chance this spring trip would not be a solo one. If you were hopeful of that, I am here to dash all those hopes :laughing:

I'm so excited for you to have a countdown that comes up so quickly!! But, rats! I was really looking forward to finding out who'd be joining you ;)

You got that right. :thumbsup2 And also... someday my prince will come :rolleyes1

someday-my-prints-will-come.jpg

Paper jams are the worst.
Strawberry (or raspberry) jams are the best.

More for sure!

Good! I know I would.

But... there are things here that I've yet to do...
And they are major tourist draws.

It was some serious silliness... :sad2:

Bone chilling.

Remember A Christmas Story... it went something like that... :laughing:

tumblr_lrjy1ifiwg1r1aq2qo1_500.png

I did, I did... ;)

::yes::

The things you do for the kids... or was that for you?! :rotfl2:

NO.
Definitely not for me. I see no reason to ride what is essentially a local carnival ride (spruced up, yes, but still) let alone that many times in a row.

:faint:

Oh, technology, how I hate you! So sad you lost your pictures :( but at least you have the memories!!
I know! Thank you... at least it can't take away my memories!

I'm so excited for you to have a countdown that comes up so quickly!!
I am too! And it looks like you do, even quicker!

Paper jams are the worst.
Strawberry (or raspberry) jams are the best.
I wholeheartedly agree :snooty:

Exactly.

NO.
Definitely not for me. I see no reason to ride what is essentially a local carnival ride (spruced up, yes, but still) let alone that many times in a row.

:faint:
Yeah... something told me it wasn't you :laughing::laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!