Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROFILE: Love Interest #1

_dhs_2_1-jpg.268343

He charmed the smile right off my face... :rolleyes1

NAME: Kylo Ren

PROFESSION: Jedi Killer*

PROS: awesome parents!

CONS: relationship with father ended pretty badly
*; also, see profession*

*denotes red flag

ACTION: Probably a no.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love this! Can't wait to hear who the other options are... ;)

Sunday, August 20: Part 2 or I’ll Drink to That

When last we left off, still contemplating my love connection with Kylo Ren, I waltzed on over to Epcot via the walkway from DHS in a cool 87 degrees. :faint:

Disney August 2017 078.JPG

Disney August 2017 079.JPG

I arrived around 11 and headed immediately for the Land, where I had a FP for my fave, Soarin.

Disney August 2017 080.JPG

But first… I was on the prowl for my beloved muesli which I discovered they did not have anymore! :headache: I settled for overnight oats with blueberries and walnuts instead and they were pretty good, but definitely not quite on the level as the muesli.

Disney August 2017 081.JPG

From there, I jumped into the FP line and I was soon soarin’.

_Soarin.jpg

Disney August 2017 082.JPG

I was able to see the new movie in January, but was again just blown away by it. Soarin has been one of my favorites since my first ride, and I just never tire of it.

No visit to the Land would be complete without LWTL so off I went in that direction, or at least so my notes claim. But guys… I have no photographic proof this happened so I sincerely question this note. You know me, I can’t ride that thing without 18,207 pictures. So, LWTL may or may not have actually occurred. :sad2:

The overnight oats had only somewhat filled me up and they were the first thing I’d eaten that day so I decided to grab… a cronut to hold me over until my late lunch ADR. This baby needs no description. It was heavenly.

Disney August 2017 083.JPG

From there, I headed to the Character Spot to meet up with pals Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy.

_Mickey.jpg
Mickey approved of my shirt! :thumbsup2

_Goofy.jpg
Goofy lectured me to stay away from Kylo Ren.

_Minnie.jpg
And Minnie told me to just follow my heart. I think she was just swoonin' over seeing her boy on my shirt. You know how she is. :cutie:

After that, I headed straight for Figment, then Seas with Nemo and Friends, and then off to Test Track. Su-Lynn and Steve saved me here because I never get Test Track FPs because I’d never give up my beloved Soarin. But I do love me some TT so I typically end up waiting in the Single Rider line. They had a holdover from their rider swap from their family trip so I was able to make some use of that! Thanks, Su-Lynn! :hug:

*Continued in Next Post*

*Continued from Previous Post*

Disney August 2017 090.JPG

I tried to hit up Mission Space because I was curious about the new green version but the wait was at 50 minutes and… nope. Instead, MDE told me SE was only at 10 minutes so I headed in that direction.

Disney August 2017 091.JPG

From there, it was off to Canada!

Disney August 2017 092.JPG

Disney August 2017 093.JPG

I saw O' Canada which I always enjoy and checked into my ADR at Le Cellier about 15 minutes early and they got me right in.

Disney August 2017 094.JPG
So pretty. :cloud9:

Disney August 2017 095.JPG

Disney August 2017 096.JPG

In honor of Kari’s (@kastoney) birthday that very day, I ordered a glass of wine - Happy Belated Birthday, Kari! :cool2: Also, check out the loveliness that is this basket of bread.

Disney August 2017 097.JPG

A trip to Canada would just not be complete without that yummy cheddar cheese soup. I also got an order of the lobster mac and cheese. My food came out almost immediately.

Disney August 2017 098.JPG
(it's a lot larger than it looks)

Of course the soup was delish, but the lobster mac was only just okay to me, though I did make a valiant effort and did some significant damage on it anyway. :laughing: The pretzel bread was my favorite bread selection by far. Though my server was very nice, he was a bit too efficient and I felt a tad rushed, which a solo diner can already feel a bit sensitive about anyway. Despite the mediocre lobster mac and a somewhat rushed meal, I still enjoyed my time here and am glad I went.

I rode Soarin one more time before heading out of the park… I had a certain flight I just had to get to before the night was over. :hyper:

Up Next: Animal Kingdom fun!

Coming out of lurker mode.
Love the trip report so far! I've got a solo trip coming up at the end of October, so I'm taking notes.

Love the framing on that photo. :thumbsup2

But first… I was on the prowl for my beloved muesli which I discovered they did not have anymore! :headache: I settled for overnight oats with blueberries and walnuts instead and they were pretty good, but definitely not quite on the level as the muesli.

well that's just not right!

How was this shot taken?

No visit to the Land would be complete without LWTL so off I went in that direction, or at least so my notes claim. But guys… I have no photographic proof this happened so I sincerely question this note. You know me, I can’t ride that thing without 18,207 pictures. So, LWTL may or may not have actually occurred. :sad2:

Pictures or it didn't happen!

I decided to grab… a cronut to hold me over until my late lunch ADR. This baby needs no description. It was heavenly.

::yes:: That thing is amazing.

Mickey gettin' all handsy and everything.

Goofy lectured me to stay away from Kylo Ren.

He's smarter than I thought.

I think she was just swoonin' over seeing her boy on my shirt. You know how she is. :cutie:

:laughing:

Su-Lynn and Steve saved me here because I never get Test Track FPs because I’d never give up my beloved Soarin. But I do love me some TT so I typically end up waiting in the Single Rider line. They had a holdover from their rider swap from their family trip so I was able to make some use of that! Thanks, Su-Lynn! :hug:

Nice!

I tried to hit up Mission Space because I was curious about the new green version but the wait was at 50 minutes and… nope.

Nope! 50 minutes for MS? Just.. no.

:wave:

checked into my ADR at Le Cellier about 15 minutes early and they got me right in.

Nice again!

But then why did they try to rush you?

I also got an order of the lobster mac and cheese.

mmmm.... that sounds good!

but the lobster mac was only just okay to me

... or not.

Though my server was very nice, he was a bit too efficient and I felt a tad rushed,

Sorry about that. I'll have a word with them in November.

Maybe you just went old school listened to the land instead of taking pics :confused3

Perfection!

After that, I headed straight for Figment, then Seas with Nemo and Friends, and then off to Test Track. Su-Lynn and Steve saved me here because I never get Test Track FPs because I’d never give up my beloved Soarin. But I do love me some TT so I typically end up waiting in the Single Rider line. They had a holdover from their rider swap from their family trip so I was able to make some use of that! Thanks, Su-Lynn! :hug:
How awesome!!!! That is one of the things I hate most about the tiering. I want to ride TT and Soarin, not Sophie's choice it between the 2.

In honor of Kari’s (@kastoney) birthday that very day, I ordered a glass of wine - Happy Belated Birthday, Kari! :cool2: Also, check out the loveliness that is this basket of bread.

disney-august-2017-097-jpg.270017
Ah thanks! Hope it was a good glass of wine. Oddly we ended up doing breweries all day for my birthday so even better you got wine in for me. :-)

We've never been to Le Cellier so I've never had the amazing cheese soup, but I'm really looking forward to finally being able to try it at F&W

I waltzed on over to Epcot via the walkway from DHS in a cool 87 degrees. :faint:
You know, I love that walk around the canal and thought nothing of it last summer when I was staying at Boardwalk. It's so peaceful and relaxing!
This baby needs no description. It was heavenly.
How did I miss out on trying this??It looks so yummy!

From there, I headed to the Character Spot to meet up with pals Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy.
Awesome character pics!

As a Canadian, I can't stand the Canadian pavilion. They got so many things wrong and might accurately represent .05% of my gorgeous country. I wonder if other residents of the World Showcase countries feel the same way about their country's pavilions?

A trip to Canada would just not be complete without that yummy cheddar cheese soup.
The soup, however, is delicious! As is the pretzel bread! Yum!

YES!!! That's what I said, too :rotfl2:

Coming out of lurker mode.
YAY!!! So happy you've come out from lurkdom :goodvibes

Love the trip report so far! I've got a solo trip coming up at the end of October, so I'm taking notes.
Thank you so much! Yay for your solo trip!

Love the framing on that photo. :thumbsup2
Why thank you, kind sir.

well that's just not right!
My thoughts exactly. :snooty:

How was this shot taken?
I have no idea, I just pose for 'em :cool2: Gonna thank Photopass for that one :rotfl:

::yes:: That thing is amazing.
You got that right.

He's smarter than I thought.
:laughing:

Sorry about that. I'll have a word with them in November.
I was hoping you would.

Maybe you just went old school listened to the land instead of taking pics :confused3
Unlikely :laughing:

How awesome!!!! That is one of the things I hate most about the tiering. I want to ride TT and Soarin, not Sophie's choice it between the 2.
I know! Ugh.

Ah thanks! Hope it was a good glass of wine. Oddly we ended up doing breweries all day for my birthday so even better you got wine in for me. :-)
It was indeed a good glass of wine :thumbsup2

We've never been to Le Cellier so I've never had the amazing cheese soup, but I'm really looking forward to finally being able to try it at F&W
That's where I usually get my cheddar cheese soup fix :thumbsup2

You know, I love that walk around the canal and thought nothing of it last summer when I was staying at Boardwalk. It's so peaceful and relaxing
Right?! I love it! And it's not a race, you can just relax and take your time. It really wasn't bad, even in the heat :goodvibes

How did I miss out on trying this??It looks so yummy!
It was delicious - you must try on your next trip!

Awesome character pics!
Thank you :goodvibes

As a Canadian, I can't stand the Canadian pavilion. They got so many things wrong and might accurately represent .05% of my gorgeous country. I wonder if other residents of the World Showcase countries feel the same way about their country's pavilions?
I've always wondered how folks from those represented countries actually feel about how they did. Since the American pavilion is mostly just an ode to yesteryear, I'm pretty happy with it, but if they actually tried to represent it like they do other countries, I'm not sure how they'd do that or how I'd feel about it. :confused3

The soup, however, is delicious! As is the pretzel bread! Yum!
YES!!! ::yes::

The food at Le Celier always seems so heavy for Florida heat, to me. I love the idea of the cheddar cheese soup, though. One day.
It's true, and I think that was probably contributing to my less than stellar review of the lobster mac.

Great Epcot pics...you're putting me in the mood for our weekend starting this Wednesday night + solo trip in March.

Thank you!!! I'll give you a clue... one is in my title :laughing:...

My initial thought was this must refer to the wookie, but he's a bit hairy and the vocab might be a bit limiting (although that has its advantages too). But then I see the word "Solo" in your title, so...

Can't wait to read all about your trip!

Favorite characters: Mickey and Minnie, and Belle (because… ya know, the whole library/book thing)

Librarian.jpg

I have stayed at All Star Movies twice, both for my sons' 8th grade class trips. I love the theming of the resort.

You got to meet AND eat with Su-Lynn and Steve???

:woohoo:

Loving your report!!!

The ride photos are great- keep 'em coming.

I have not dined at Liberty Tree. What a great meal and great company.

And the Colonial Ears on both of you cracked me up.

I was in line for DHS about 7:20ish. A bus pulled up about 15 minutes later and… hooray for Hollywood! Am I the only one in love with these vending machines?! :lovestruc

disney-august-2017-058-jpgtr-jpg.268335

The vending machines are cool, but what I really love here are the luggage lockers. They are super huge and only $1 for a single use. We use them if we need to stow stuff while at HS.

PROFILE: Love Interest #1

_dhs_2_1-jpg.268343

He charmed the smile right off my face... :rolleyes1

NAME: Kylo Ren

PROFESSION: Jedi Killer*

PROS: awesome parents!

CONS: relationship with father ended pretty badly
*; also, see profession*

*denotes red flag

ACTION: Probably a no.

:rotfl2::laughing::lmao:

I suck at selfies, but Su-Lynn is the queen. She has the best selfies ever!

::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!