Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

And I don't even know about this one

I forgot they started that, I've only ever seen a couple of them so far! Where do they take the picture, I can't figure it out. I'm sure mine in October will be ridiculous. Your Space Mtn one is great! You and the woman in the middle are just so calm, like nothing crazy is happening...and then there's Back Row Betty, bringing home the win. LOL!

ltt4_day-1_re-jpg.266016

I can't believe I've never had this, it always looks SO GOOD. I have made ADRs and cancelled here for the past few trips b/c they keep messing with the menu. And then they switch it back afterward. I haven't been since it was a character meal.

Anyone else think it kinda looks like Su-Lynn is wearing some fabulously colonial-themed ears?! :laughing:

Yes! All steam punkishly colonial. It looks like you are too, they're just a little lopsided!

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE it at night! :cloud9:

Yes!!!

I headed over to Haunted Mansion which was practically a walk-on. I love me some grim grinning ghosts... especially when they come out to socialize.

I want to live there. I could totally fit into the ballroom, no one would ever notice!

space_day-1_re-jpg.266010

Was I on Space Mountain or relaxing on my couch watching the Bachelorette?! :sad2: :laughing: At least the girl in the back had her act together.
This is hilarious. You do, you look like you are just hang'n out... So Chill of you!

Maybe it's just an awkward place for a photo because it looks like the whole boat was just out to lunch.
Most people prob don't even know it's there. Which seems to be the case in this photo.

Can't wait to see this! So nice that you got to see with with friends.

My first night was already over, but at least my Disney vacation had only just begun!
Sounds like a great first day!

I can't believe how relaxed you look!! I would be hysterical lol. Must have been the meds lol
YES! Must have been the meds! :rotfl:

So true!!! If I hadn't been on the lookout I never would have seen @ariane37 on the bus lol. You never know where you will find DIS'ers!!
That's right! You experienced a surprise Dismeet, too! :thumbsup2

OMG PM is the best!! I could just stay on it and ride around and around!!
Me, too!!! :goodvibes :cloud9:

I forgot they started that, I've only ever seen a couple of them so far! Where do they take the picture, I can't figure it out.
I'm not sure! (clearly :rotfl2:)

You and the woman in the middle are just so calm, like nothing crazy is happening...and then there's Back Row Betty, bringing home the win. LOL!
Right?! :rotfl:

I can't believe I've never had this, it always looks SO GOOD.
It was AMAZING.

Yes! All steam punkishly colonial. It looks like you are too, they're just a little lopsided!
Yes!!! That would have been appropriate too, lopsided... especially since I was pumped full of Scopolamine and a bit extra "off" ;) :laughing:

I want to live there. I could totally fit into the ballroom, no one would ever notice!
Ugh, I want to move in too! Let's see if we can together - no one would notice, right?! :thumbsup2

This is hilarious. You do, you look like you are just hang'n out... So Chill of you!
I couldn't stop laughing when I first saw it! :rotfl2:

Most people prob don't even know it's there. Which seems to be the case in this photo.
I agree. I think they should have put it in when you do the drop, at least keep things a bit interesting!

Can't wait to see this! So nice that you got to see with with friends.
It really was! :goodvibes

Sounds like a great first day!
It was a fabulous first day... and lots more of those fabulous days to come! ::yes::

Was I on Space Mountain or relaxing on my couch watching the Bachelorette?! :sad2: :laughing: At least the girl in the back had her act together.
Oh my! This is hilarious!

Anyone else think it kinda looks like Su-Lynn is wearing some fabulously colonial-themed ears?! :laughing:
Yes, it does......love it!

From there, we wandered over to check out Happily Ever After, which we came into a bit late, but it didn’t matter – it was fabulous!
Isn't it amazing? I know you are not as much of a fireworks geek as I am but I am glad you enjoyed it. :)

I can't even communicate how much I love this ride. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE it at night! :cloud9:
As a fellow member of the official People Mover fan club, I completely agree! Night time is just the best.

From there, I headed over to Haunted Mansion which was practically a walk-on. I love me some grim grinning ghosts... especially when they come out to socialize. My first night was already over, but at least my Disney vacation had only just begun!
Hurray for the beginning of a wonderful vacation!

Actually, on the Liberty Tree fireplace picture, it also could look like *you* have a set of ears on also, but one's a little bigger than the other.

I don't think I've ever seen such a "normal" ride photo :rotfl: "It's just Space Mountain, no biggie.......what else ya got?"

Maybe it's just an awkward place for a photo because it looks like the whole boat was just out to lunch.
Seriously it is though! I didn't post mine because it was so ridiculous. I'd forgotten they were taking the photos now, but right by the camera there's something on the wall - a pirate flag or something? Now I can't remember but I was pointing at it and saying something so that's what I'm doing in the picture and the rest of my family are looking in that direction with looks of "duh........." on their faces. And the others in the boat didn't look much better lol.

For dessert, we had the ooey gooey toffee cake (toffee filling, caramel sauce, and vanilla ice cream) – this was also amazing!
Love their food in general but this alone is reason to go back :cloud9: So lucky you got to eat with Su-Lynn and Steve, they're an awesome couple. We missed them this month but are hoping to see them again in Nov.

So true!!! If I hadn't been on the lookout I never would have seen @ariane37 on the bus lol. You never know where you will find DIS'ers!!
I was so glad you came up to me! Everyone on the bus must have thought we were nuts lol

We haven't done the Pirates picture yet I always see that no one knows where to look :laughing:

Great picture! And when I looked quickly I totally thought she was!

Oh my! This is hilarious!
Right?! :rotfl2:

Isn't it amazing? I know you are not as much of a fireworks geek as I am but I am glad you enjoyed it. :)
It really was :goodvibes And for me that night, it was more about the awesome company, which made the whole experience even better :thumbsup2

As a fellow member of the official People Mover fan club, I completely agree! Night time is just the best.
YES!!!

Actually, on the Liberty Tree fireplace picture, it also could look like *you* have a set of ears on also, but one's a little bigger than the other.
True!!! My "ears" were just a bit... more ridiculous :rotfl:

I don't think I've ever seen such a "normal" ride photo :rotfl: "It's just Space Mountain, no biggie.......what else ya got?"
Right?!?!? :rotfl2: I couldn't stop laughing!!!

And the others in the boat didn't look much better lol.
That's how the other Pirates ride shots turned out for people in my boat, too - I think they need to reevaluate their camera positioning!

Love their food in general but this alone is reason to go back :cloud9: So lucky you got to eat with Su-Lynn and Steve, they're an awesome couple. We missed them this month but are hoping to see them again in Nov.
Yes it is! It was delicious. I didn't want to look like a total piggy, but I could have had the whole thing just myself! ::yes:: The best part of the dinner was definitely the company though :goodvibes Hopefully you'll get to meet back up with them in November!

I was so glad you came up to me! Everyone on the bus must have thought we were nuts lol
:laughing: Well, probably not the first time us Disers would earn the title "nuts" :cool2:

We haven't done the Pirates picture yet I always see that no one knows where to look :laughing:
It's so true! I need to at least figure it out so I can act accordingly in the future :rotfl: But really I think they just need to adjust their placement of the camera. :sad2: :laughing:

Great picture! And when I looked quickly I totally thought she was!
Aww, thanks! And... right?! :laughing: It really does!

space_day-1_re-jpg.266010

You do totally look like you are indifferent to all that space that about to come your way. That girl in the back though, she might just be on a whole other planet entirely.

pirates_day-1_re-jpg.266009

And I don't even know about this one... but it looks like I was deeeeeep in thought. Maybe wondering if I could somehow get one of the Johnny Depp animatronics through the airport? :confused3 Maybe it's just an awkward place for a photo because it looks like the whole boat was just out to lunch. Anyway, these ride photos just crack me up. And don't worry, plenty more where they came from! :rotfl2:
I've never seen this either. Must be new. I had a hard time finding you though. it's like a Where's Waldo: The Tracy Eddition

ltt3_day-1_re-jpg.266015

I think the mashed potatoes were my favorite! Those were really yummy. For dessert, we had the ooey gooey toffee cake (toffee filling, caramel sauce, and vanilla ice cream) – this was also amazing!
We've never done dinner at Liberty, only lunch, but everything looks great. Had to do a double take though as the corn and mac and cheese look nearly identical and I'm pretty sure neither is a natural color :-)

We asked a CM to get a few photos of us after our meal.

ltt5_day-1_re-jpg.266017
Great photo of you 3. So thrilled you got to spend some time together. Hopefully we'll get to meet up with Su-Lynn in November.

LOL - never would have guessed that when you said "glass museum" in your intro post :)
;) The two are kinda one and the same, aren't they? :laughing:

You do totally look like you are indifferent to all that space that about to come your way.
Right?! It cracks me up.

That girl in the back though, she might just be on a whole other planet entirely.
Oh, absolutely!

I've never seen this either. Must be new.
It is new, and I think they'd do well to move the camera to somewhere else a little less... confusing :laughing:

I had a hard time finding you though. it's like a Where's Waldo: The Tracy Eddition
:laughing: More to come with that series! :thumbsup2

Had to do a double take though as the corn and mac and cheese look nearly identical and I'm pretty sure neither is a natural color :-)
I would entirely agree ;)

Great photo of you 3. So thrilled you got to spend some time together. Hopefully we'll get to meet up with Su-Lynn in November.
It was one of the highlights of my trip. Hopefully you'll get to meet up with them too in a couple months!

OMG Liberty Tree looks fantastic, I still have yet to try that Ooey Gooey Toffee cake, but it will absolutely happen next year. Seems like you had a fantastic meet up too.

I'm here and I, too am sorry we didn't see each other. By day 2, all of our plans changed. With 2 sons, aged 19 and 12, they wanted to sleep in, so we had to rearrange most of our plans. But they were happy and not complaining made me a happy mama. Looking forward to the rest of your trip report.

Loving your report. I'm off on my first solo trip for 7 nights at the end of Nov staying at all star sports. Keep the report coming!

OMG Liberty Tree looks fantastic, I still have yet to try that Ooey Gooey Toffee cake, but it will absolutely happen next year.
The cake was DELICIOUS!!! You must try it!

Seems like you had a fantastic meet up too.
That was even better than the Ooey Gooey Cake, and that's saying something! ;)

I'm here and I, too am sorry we didn't see each other.
So happy you're here! :goodvibes Yes, I'm also bummed we missed each other, but I definitely understand why! Happy the boys were happy :thumbsup2

Looking forward to the rest of your trip report.
Thanks!!!

Loving your report.
Thank you so much!!! Happy to have you here :goodvibes

I'm off on my first solo trip for 7 nights at the end of Nov staying at all star sports.
Woohoo!!! Is this your first solo trip?

Keep the report coming!
That's a promise! :thumbsup2

Can you believe I have never eaten at LTT??? :eek::confused3
I don't know how that has happened. Well, maybe all the picky eaters in my tribe? lol I am so not a picky eater!! :rotfl:
Anyways...
Your evening sounded great!!!
People Mover and Haunted Mansion are my two favorite rides and definite must-dos every trip!!! :)

Also- good luck with back to school! My oldest started back aug 16- and little one starts preschool (3s) next Monday!!!!

It sounds like you had a wonderful dinner! Getting to watch HEA together must have been great too!

Ending the night with the Peoplemover and HM sounds perfect :thumbsup2

Can you believe I have never eaten at LTT??? :eek::confused3
:scared1: Actually... this may have been my first time! I say "may" because I'm not entirely sure about trips my parents took us on back in the day :rolleyes1 :laughing: Prior to my adult trips, it was all kinda a blur :laughing:

Your evening sounded great!!!
It really was! Great company, great food, what's not to love!?

People Mover and Haunted Mansion are my two favorite rides and definite must-dos every trip!!! :)
Yay!!! :thumbsup2

Also- good luck with back to school!
Thank you! Ugh, it was four hours-worth tonight... :sad2: I'm counting down to the end of the semester already :rotfl:

My oldest started back aug 16- and little one starts preschool (3s) next Monday!!!!
Awww, and it goes so fast, I'm sure!

It sounds like you had a wonderful dinner! Getting to watch HEA together must have been great too!
I really did! It was a great end to a great day :goodvibes

Ending the night with the Peoplemover and HM sounds perfect :thumbsup2
Perfect, right?! ::yes::

Following along!!

For dessert, we had the ooey gooey toffee cake (toffee filling, caramel sauce, and vanilla ice cream) – this was also amazing!
This looks/sounds fantastic!! Must try at some point...

I can't even communicate how much I love this ride. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE it at night! :cloud9:
I love PM too!!

I forgot they started that, I've only ever seen a couple of them so far! Where do they take the picture, I can't figure it out.
I'm not sure! (clearly :rotfl2:)
I think they should have put it in when you do the drop, at least keep things a bit interesting!
The camera is just before the drop. There is a flag and pirate pirate: up high to the left, and there's a super bright flash. I don't think most people are aware of it though, even after it takes a picture. DH was looking at it the first time we rode Pirates last week, because the pirate and flag are new, and he was blinded by the flash for several seconds :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts