Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 12/6*

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by Tracy161, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Tracy161

Tracy161 DIS Veteran

Yes! Once I emerged from the plane back in New York, it was approximately -10 with the windchill and felt oddly the same as when I was in Florida with 30+ degree temps :rotfl2:

2. kastoney

kastoney Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

Happy New Year!!!! Glad to hear you all had a great time and survived the frigid temps :P Seriously though glad you got some more Disney time in. Can't wait to hear about it

Tracy161 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Tracy161

Tracy161 DIS Veteran

Thank you! :goodvibes And the same to you!

It was chilly, but at least it was Disney ;)

Thank you! Once I'm caught up on everyone's TRs, I'll get cranking on my own :faint: :laughing:

5. Elizabeth Smith

Elizabeth Smith DIS Veteran

Happy New Year. Sorry about the cold weather on your family trip. I would feel a little salty going to Florida and still being cold.

Tracy161 likes this.
  6. mmwelch

mmwelch Earning My Ears

Coming in super late, had to catch up but going again for the first time in 4 years in a few months. Had to get perspective from fellow person from Western NY.

Tracy161 likes this.
  7. Tracy161

Tracy161 DIS Veteran

Thank you! And to you! :goodvibes

Thanks, it really was a hard pill to swallow. It helped that at least we weren't back home in the negative digits!

So happy you're here! Wow, I'm so excited for you!!! Four years is a long time to be away, so I can't imagine your excitement!!! :Pinkbounc

8. KathyM2

KathyM2 DIS Veteran

I love your Minnie costume!! So cute!

Also I have to add, "Florida cold" overall is pretty crappy. I know, I know...when you come from someplace were it was minus a billion degrees at home and you say anything about how cold it is in Florida...people go nuts but...I get it...we were in South FL for the holidays and while yes, it was exponentially warmer than at home...it still sucked because you aren't prepared for it and when you can't do warm weather things in FL...it's kinda depressing sigh!! But I'm glad you managed with double leggings and looks like you still had a great time!

Tracy161 likes this.
  9. missjackiemcg

missjackiemcg DIS Veteran

YES!! That would definitely have been a good idea!!! Anything would have helped :)

Tracy161 likes this.
  10. Tracy161

Tracy161 DIS Veteran

Thank you, Kathy! :goodvibes

I completely agree!!!!! It's very depressing because you don't necessarily expect it. But I suppose it was better than what either of us would have faced back home, right? :faint: :laughing:

Agreed! We really missed an opportunity there :rotfl: