Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

Hi Tracy! I am REALLY late to this party, but better late than never, right? I've loved reading through your array of reports and look forward to meeting you in May on our Epic Girl's Trip!!!:P

:hug:

:laughing: You done good. It's the very next post on the page, so people should be able to find it. :)
Thank goodness for serendipitous placement of that post! :laughing:

A promise is a promise.
:goodvibes

But it is just around the corner from it.
Thank goodness!

Thanks for the plug. :)
My pleasure - everyone should have the thrill of a pkondz TR!

Next time I need to spend a day... or two.
(No, I don't expect you to entertain me for 2 days. But I would like to see more of the museum and do some glass classes. That sounded like fun! :))
Yes! Anytime you want!

Oh, posh. Don't be silly.
Just truth-speakin' ::yes::

I couldn't for the life of me remember the significance of the tower. Thanks!
Happy to help!

I certainly know what to bring you next time.
::yes::::yes::::yes::

A do-over is definitely required, here.
I couldn't agree more!

@MeghanEmily that reminds me!
Several years ago, my dad (who also lives in Winnipeg) gets a letter from some relatives who live in Germany. They let him know they're coming to Canada and wondered if he could pick them up at the airport.

They were flying in to Halifax.

:laughing:

Funny thing is... I think he did! :lmao:
:scared1: :rotfl:

Hi Tracy! I am REALLY late to this party, but better late than never, right? I've loved reading through your array of reports and look forward to meeting you in May on our Epic Girl's Trip!!!:P
Hi Jenny! So happy you've joined! :goodvibes And yes - better late than never is right!

I really, really hope to be there in May! I "officially" backed out a couple months ago because I decided to double up this next semester so I could graduate a semester early. My plans at the moment hang in limbo... but, as I told @kastoney, anything is possible :rolleyes1;)

Anything is possible... :rolleyes1 I actually don't have finals this semester and could *potentially* actually be done by late April... we'll see if the stars align... :rolleyes:

I really, really hope to be there in May! I "officially" backed out a couple months ago because I decided to double up this next semester so I could graduate a semester early. My plans at the moment hang in limbo... but, as I told @kastoney, anything is possible :rolleyes1;)

Would it be too much if I started change.org petition to demand you go :P After all your work you so deserve it!!

Happy New Year!

Congrats on starting your last semester. That's pretty exciting. We just dropped my son off last night for the start of his last semester (undergrad). Hope it goes smoothly...

Looking at a solo WDW trip in early-mid March. I'll be ready to escape winter by then...

Thank goodness for serendipitous placement of that post! :laughing:

If I'd been a bit more on the ball, I would've posted it first, just to make it easier for you to link to.

My pleasure - everyone should have the thrill of a pkondz TR!

You spell "soul crushing disappointment", t-h-r-i-l-l? Ah! of course: These Horribly Repetitive Ill-conceived Lines. Gotcha.

Yes! Anytime you want!

Yay!!

:laughing:

I couldn't agree more!

::yes::

to share you with a wonderful Dismeet I had with @pkondz back in September!

I got to meet him on the same trip!

Something was wrong with the time that day though, because our visit was supposed to be a few hours long and ended up being all of 30 seconds.

Same thing happened at our meet! Hmmm, must be some kind of strange time vortex around @pkondz

The "crystal fox".

100% had to be the model for the Star Wars crystal foxes! I think they were one of my favorite parts of that movie. I always tend to like the cuddly ones like the Ewoks or Wookies. Although now that I think about it those foxes may not have been very cuddly. :rotfl2:

And you'll see a package of ketchup chips in the center.

Surprisingly I didn't care for them which is weird since I like ketchup so much. But Jim loved them so they didn't go to waste.

I've been so lucky to meet so many of you, and I cherish that time so much. It's what makes the Dis so special

I've got both my fingers AND toes crossed that you will be able to join us in May!!

:hug:

Same thing happened at our meet! Hmmm, must be some kind of strange time vortex around @pkondz

Time twists around large objects.... so... you're saying I'm fat.

You wouldn't be wrong.

Surprisingly I didn't care for them which is weird since I like ketchup so much. But Jim loved them so they didn't go to waste.

They are definitely a love em or leave em proposition.

I much prefer to leave em.

Happy New Year!
Thank you! And to you! :goodvibes

Congrats on starting your last semester. That's pretty exciting.
Thanks! I'm soooo excited! :hyper:

We just dropped my son off last night for the start of his last semester (undergrad). Hope it goes smoothly...
Bittersweet, I'm sure.

Looking at a solo WDW trip in early-mid March. I'll be ready to escape winter by then...
Yay! That'll be great timing. March is always hard - the end is in sight, but... could still be winter until mid-April :laughing: It's an excellent time to head to Disney!

Sounds like a fun DISmeet!
It was! :goodvibes

Good luck with this final semester! I'm already looking forward to a future TR of yours! :goodvibes
Thank you so much! I cannot wait to be done... and most importantly, have a little more time (and money :laughing:) to get back to Disney more often ;) And a TR is definitely in order for that celebratory trip :thumbsup2

You spell "soul crushing disappointment", t-h-r-i-l-l? Ah! of course: These Horribly Repetitive Ill-conceived Lines. Gotcha.
:rotfl:

Well, wouldn't THAT be celebratory?!!!?
It sure would! Though it's not looking likely. I just RSVP'd to graduation yesterday, and will probably make a mini-vacation out of that weekend... exactly 4 days after the epic May trip. Darn it for bad timing! :headache: But... ya never know, right? ;)

Yay! Can't wait to hear about it!

It's inexplicable, right?!

100% had to be the model for the Star Wars crystal foxes! I think they were one of my favorite parts of that movie. I always tend to like the cuddly ones like the Ewoks or Wookies. Although now that I think about it those foxes may not have been very cuddly. :rotfl2:
:rotfl: I was thinking the same thing... umm... those aren't exactly "cuddly" :laughing: But they are beautiful! And I love the sound they make when they run and their crystals clink.

That's a win for Jim at least :thumbsup2

I've got both my fingers AND toes crossed that you will be able to join us in May!!
Ahhh, I would love to! But I just RSVP'd for graduation yesterday, and I may make that weekend into a long weekend/mini trip in Ohio (hit up a Cleveland Indians game before and do the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame maybe?) - and it's the very weekend after the epic trip... not sure I can swing both :headache: But... never say never, right?! ;) ::yes::

They are definitely a love em or leave em proposition.
:laughing: LOVE EM!

Trying to catch up around here. I'm so sorry to read about your illness on the back end of your trip, that's so awful. It's bad enough just being sick, but being sick at WDW and stuck in your room really is the pits, and then having to travel while feeling sick is torturous. Ugh.

Congrats though on the chance to finish school early and hopefully have more time for WDW after lol

I'm so sorry to read about your illness on the back end of your trip, that's so awful.
Thank you, Kathy! It really was awful :faint:

Congrats though on the chance to finish school early and hopefully have more time for WDW after lol
Thank you! I have a countdown on my board at work for how many days until spring and how many days until graduation :laughing:

I'm so excited for you - your trip is really getting close! :hyper:

Thank you! I have a countdown on my board at work for how many days until spring and how many days until graduation :laughing:

I'm so excited for you - your trip is really getting close! :hyper:

I'm sure you do!! I would be so excited too!! I hope it makes a big difference in terms of how much free time you have!!

Hi everyone! I have some exciting news to share... well, at least exciting to me :laughing: (I think this further confirms to my mom that I'll insist on being single forever... :rolleyes:). As anyone who knows me, or has followed my PTRs and TRs, knows I am a solo trip loving Disneyphile. A few months ago, I got thinking "hmmm I should create a website/blog about solo tripping to Disney." So I've been working away on that ever since - hey, I knew school was winding down and had to fill my time with something, right? ;)

It hasn't gone live yet, but will on July 1st. I'm going to focus on giving advice about going solo as well as reviewing table service restaurants solo. I have an ADR booked for August for my first - gulp - character meal solo! I figured I can't very well be a solo trip advice giver if I haven't done certain things myself solo. I plan to also try my hand at some solo vlogging on my August trip as part of the effort. :scratchin :scared1: I'm sure it'll be fine... I mean, I already know awkward pretty well, so I might as well throw a camera at it and start filming...

Some of you are already Instagram buddies of mine on my Instagram account of the same name: disneyforone. For anyone else who wants to follow along on my solo adventures, feel free to follow along with me! And my website is (will be): disneyforone.com.

For those of you who plan to be in Disney in August, I can't wait to meet you! For anyone else who plans to be, let me know! I'll be there August 17 (very late) to 23.

For now, I'll leave you all with a picture of me on my thrill ride of choice: PeopleMover! ;) See ya real soon!

IMG_1659.jpg

Fellow upstate NYer here taking my first solo trip in late July early August. Looking forward to your vlog for some great advice.

This is awesome and such a good idea. Can't wait to check it out! And better yet see ya sometime in August!!!

For now, I'll leave you all with a picture of me on my thrill ride of choice: PeopleMover! ;) See ya real soon!
Awesome news! You will do a great job. Where are you going to do your first solo character meal? I have done Garden Grill and 1900 Park Fare solo and found it easier with the non face characters. I'll miss the August crew this year as we leave in 31 days for our anniversary trip.

Happy Graduation too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter