Let me walk you round my DLH standard room

widget

va-va-voom!
Im no good at taking photos and definately couldnt put then on here so I decided to write about our room in the West Wing of the Disneyland Hotel room number 3149.
There were two double beds. The headboards have Sleeping Beauty's castle on them. The beds have two large feather pillows on each, a sheet covered thin duvet to sleep under and a top eiderdown decorated with tinkerbell, roses, sleeping beauty and her fairy godmothers. The colour of the top cover is mainly green with pink roses and pale orange diamonds and ovals on it with the fairys printed on the orangey colours. The valance around the bed is salmon pink and dark pink stripes. There are two stools at the bottom of the beds in salmon pink with diamonds of green and gold on. The carpet is dark green with pink roses on. There are two spare pillows in the closet.
There are two chairs to sit on - salmon pink with pink rosebuds. The octagonal table also has a circle of pink rosebuds on it. A floor lamp of gold with a magnolia shade stands behind the table. Between the beds there is a night table with storage and a drawer.
The walls have beige pale stripes on and a border on the top around the room of disney charecters (lady and the tramp; jungle book; snow white; aristocats; cinderellas mice).
There are 4 walls lights at the back of the beds all in gold with magnolia shades to match the standard lamp behind the table.
Next to the table is the small bin and then the Armoire of 4 drawers. It also houses the remote control tv, mini bar and ice bucket on tray with 4 glasses made of real glass. The Armoire has two folding doors to cover over the tv and minibar section. The doors depict peter pan with hooks ship and neverland island. There used to be tinkerbell on the very top but these seem to have disappeared (souvenirs?) The tv swings out and swivels. All the furniture is in lite brown/beige wood.The door handles on the Armoire are white with gold dot in the centre. The other handles (ie on the doors) are all gold. The walls are salmon pink and beige stripes.
The pictures in the room are 4 topiary designs of a swan, hippo, elephant and rabbit and a large picture of a romantic garden with a gazebo and a fountain.
The curtains are thick double lined and in a coppery brown colour with salmon pink details. There is also a net which is like muslin and can be separated in the centre so you can draw it back and look out of a clear window. All the windows opened although on a small amouth. I couldnt get the top half of any of the 3 windows to open.
There is also air conditioning with the controls on the wall for two settings and temperature control. There is a small table next to the Armoire which you can put your suitcase on when you unpack (saves you bending or putting it on the bed).
On the table is one ashtray.
Outside the bathroom next to the front door is a sliding cupboard consisting of two doors which when slid open show a shelved area complete with a safe with a key (FOC), a hanging area with shoe horn, two complimentary bath robes.
The bathroom has a bath, shower over, splash tiles which show Hippos in Tuttus as is the border around the walls.There are two sinks and a toilet with emergency phone and button to hear the radion or the tv sound when its on. Under the sinks are tissues for make up etc and a bin. Above the sinks is a glass shelf and large mirror with small shaving mirror to the left. There is also a long full length mirror on the wall behind the door. There is a hairdryer and two towel holders on the sinks with an additional two rails opposite the sinks and a large towel rail over the bath. There are 4 big fluffy towels, 4 small hand towels, 2 flannels. Around the mirror are snow white and her dwarfs. The tiles on the floor are white and salmon pink and the wall covering is the same colours in stripes. It is a well lit area with spotlights in the ceiling and 2 flower shaped side lights next to the mirror above the sinks. There are 2 ceramic cups for toothbrushes and a soap dish at the sinks with a metal soap dish/handrail for the bath. The shower curtain is in beige with broidere anglais pattern.Everyday we had two large soaps, two shampoos and two bubble baths , oh and one shower net for your hair.

What incredible detail, you have made it sound so special :)
I'm sure your picture are great memories of your stay.

Reid

It sounds really special. I would love it, not so sure about DH though, take it its more for little girls / ladies room. Is there a themed room more suitable for boys anywhere in the DLH? Not that we will ever get to stay there:rotfl2:

What a great idea Widget!! :goodvibes Your room sounds lovely - I HAVE to stay there one day!!

Dee8197 said:
It sounds really special. I would love it, not so sure about DH though, take it its more for little girls / ladies room. Is there a themed room more suitable for boys anywhere in the DLH? Not that we will ever get to stay there:rotfl2:
Yes, its called the Hotel Cheyenne!! :rotfl: Let them go to the cheaper hotel whilst you lie around in the fluffy white bathrobe eating the chocolate coin left on the pillow!!

I love that idea Widget! Why didn't I think of it:cool1:
You are right about the Cheyanne too, I guess that is more for boys ( not that I am sexist ) and we all loved it!!

Widget, if you are trying to make me envious, you have succeeded :rotfl:

Thank you for this wonderfully detailed description of your room - and are you sure you won;t share a photo or two with us? Pretty please?!

I actually didnt take any photos of the room sorry!! I took some of my finger, one of the strap of the camera and half my kids!! I used to always be snapping piccies but this time we just soaked it all in mentally!

Not to worry Widget. You could always go back and take some pictures you know ;)

Miffy2003 said:
Not to worry Widget. You could always go back and take some pictures you know ;)

Good idea!:rotfl:

Loved the description of your room, Widget. Perhaps if I ever win the lottery I might be able to stay there too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter