Let’s Try This Again...(WDW Vet/DL Rookie)

That's the one I thought they stopped showing it on, but what I didn't realize is that it's 18+, so that's a no-go for us since DD is only 15. Bummer. Thanks for the quick reply and info though!
A Walk in Walt’s Footsteps is all ages. Your DD would absolutely be allowed if you want to do it. We did it a couple of years ago when my DS was 13 or so. Although at that time they were ending with the Dream Suite instead of Walt’s apartment.

Agree with the pp. According to the DLR website, WIWF tour is described as "all ages" (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disneyland/walk-in-walts-disneyland-footsteps/). Of course, whether it is appropriate for children, depends totally on the children in question. We've done the tour with younger children who were very interested in the topic, asking lots of questions, and who could keep up with all the walking. And we've done the tour with older kids/teens who made no pretense about how bored they were, whining and complaining the whole time about how bored they were -- really ruining the tour for the other guests and making the CM's job very difficult.

A Walk in Walt’s Footsteps is all ages. Your DD would absolutely be allowed if you want to do it. We did it a couple of years ago when my DS was 13 or so. Although at that time they were ending with the Dream Suite instead of Walt’s apartment.

Agree with the pp. According to the DLR website, WIWF tour is described as "all ages" (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disneyland/walk-in-walts-disneyland-footsteps/). Of course, whether it is appropriate for children, depends totally on the children in question. We've done the tour with younger children who were very interested in the topic, asking lots of questions, and who could keep up with all the walking. And we've done the tour with older kids/teens who made no pretense about how bored they were, whining and complaining the whole time about how bored they were -- really ruining the tour for the other guests and making the CM's job very difficult.

Thank you so much for correcting me! I’ve been lamenting this since we decided to pull the trigger on this trip. I guess I read that guests must be 18 to register and missed the part about younger guests being able to participate when accompanied by an 18+ year old. See? This is why I come here! You all rock!!:thumbsup2

Thank you so much for correcting me! I’ve been lamenting this since we decided to pull the trigger on this trip. I guess I read that guests must be 18 to register and missed the part about younger guests being able to participate when accompanied by an 18+ year old. See? This is why I come here! You all rock!!:thumbsup2
Awww, that was nice! I hope you’re able to get a reservation!

Start with this sticky from the top of the first page: * DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here!. TONS of great information for your trip planning there! Then, from that same sticky, read this classic thread: A DLR Guide for WDW Vets. The information there will really help you! Move on to this very helpful thread (also from that same sticky!): "Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy" by @Skyegirl1999 - www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/
After you finish reading, come on back with all your questions!

Thanks
Start with this sticky from the top of the first page: * DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here!. TONS of great information for your trip planning there! Then, from that same sticky, read this classic thread: A DLR Guide for WDW Vets. The information there will really help you! Move on to this very helpful thread (also from that same sticky!): "Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy" by @Skyegirl1999 - www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/

Thank you!

Thank you!

I may book that tour too!
My son asked about getting into Walt’s apt.
Does anyone know how long it is or how much?
Do you go on any rides?
Would it hold a 6 year old’s interest?...

Do you go on any rides?

This tour is several hours long and requires a lot of walking. Unless your son is very interested in Disney history, this tour may not hold his interest for long. We've been on this tour with bored children/teens, and it makes the tour difficult for the tour guide and for the other guests. You can look on the DLR website to see a description of the tour and the number to call with any questions.

Yes that. But from what I heard lost of things were messed up with it and that is why it was down so long. Thats what I meant.
The "lots of things messed up" were mainly a continuation of finding more things the breech caused. It was sort of a case of one thing causing 5 other things which couldn't be seen until the primary thing being corrected.

Do you go on any rides?
The tour in the past has been about 4 hours. I *think* the price is $120. It used to include a ride on the train and the Tiki room, but unsure if it still does. It is a lot of walking and talking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter