Length of Stays

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Good morning to all! We are planning a trip (myself, DH, and 6yr old twins - DS and DD) for the end of June next year. We want to come out for two weeks and I have a few questions to help me start the planning.

We would like to do the following and I would like to know if the days I have scheduled are enough. Although, I would love to see the area in detail, I know we will only be able to see the more touristy stuff.

San Deigo: 2 days total
San Diego Zoo
Sea World
Old Town, Balboa Park

Anaheim:
Disneyland: 4 days
Universal: 1 days
Legoland: 1 day

We want to drive up to San Jose to see some friends and some of the sites. 3 days.

San Francisco: the rest of the days

Does this sound good? Am I missing anything really, really fun? Would you change any of number of the days I have allotted? I really do not know how long all of these places take to enjoy.

I am really starting from scratch (although I have gone thru all of the threads from the DL board).

One more questions, I know about Getaway travel for ticket options. Is there any other place that gives combination tickets when visiting more than one attraction. I would just like to compare prices.

Thank you all so much.

I personally would add another day in San Diego. There is so much to do there!

For Disneyland you might want to look into one member of your party buying an annual pass. Check the rates and blackout dates. You can turn in your park hoppers for credit. We saved so much in discounts at stores and resturaunts.

4 days at DLR will give you a nice trip.

Possibly consider a side trip to Monterey. I would say Yosemite, but I can't personally recommend going during the Summer.

I think you've planned an adequate number of days, though I would agree that San Diego really is a great place with lots of things to do and if you have the time, an extra day would be nice. The San Diego Zoo really requires one entire day if you plan to explore it thoroughly, and the same goes for Sea World.

There's a really neat place called Sea Port Village to visit at night, have dinner, etc.

I also agree that Monterey is a great place to visit. We once stayed in San Fran for 3 nights, and one day we drove down to Monterey (about 1 1/2 hours from San Fran). We went to the aquarium and the 17-mile drive, and a little bit of shopping at an outlet mall, and that took up almost the whole day.

4 days at Disneyland should give you an adequate amount of time to explore both parks, Downtown Disney, and the Disney hotels without feeling rushed, and one day each at Universal and Legoland is sufficient as well.

Happy planning, looks like you're off to a great start!

Side note on Legoland. It is rather small in comparison to other parks in can be done in less than a day. (if you are in a squeeze)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter