Lemon Cake Recipe

Nikole

DIS Veteran
This is one of my faves and thought I'd share with you....It is not an overly sweet cake and I get rave reviews anytime I serve it or bring it to someone's house.

SOUR LEMON CAKE
1 Cup Butter
1 ½ Cup Sugar
4 Large Eggs
3 Cup Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
1 Cup Milk
Grated rinds of 2 lemons
Glaze:
1/3 Cup Cognac
1/3 Cup Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed
½ cup Sugar
Preheat to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 2 9' cake pans. Cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs one at a time. Sift dry ingredients, add to butter mixture alternating with the milk. Stir in lemon rind. Pour batter into pan, bake for 1 hour (until tester comes out clean). Remove and sit for a few minutes. Turn cake onto a rack. Stir together glaze ingredients until sugar dissolves and brush onto the cake. Cool

This sounds sooooo good! I just love lemon!!! :D :D :D :D Especially when it isn't sweet . . . my favorite lemon meringue was my grandmother's - it almost made your mouth pucker . . . well, at least in your head.

Thanks for sharing,

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter