LegoLand Water Park for Young Toddlers?

pirate_smiles

Watching the world through the eyes of my kids
We are taking a multi-family trip to LegoLand the first week in May 2011. I was wondering if the Water Park in LegoLand is OK for young Toddlers. We will be traveling with a 4, 3 1/2, 2 1/2, 1 1/2, and 1 y/o. (I am not so worried about the 1 year olds) None of the toddlers are true swimmers yet and wear life vests, (all have pools and swimming experience at home). Will the Water park be too much for them? I am unsure how much they will actually be able to do there?

Thanks! :love:

Anyone? Someone?

Surely someone has to have been to the water park in LegoLand? Is it suitable for young toddlers? I am thinking of just sticking to the water feature in LegoLand and skipping the water park???????

We just took our almost 3 year old to legoland last week. It was a great experience for her - we did not do the waterpark - it might be too cold. The park itself is geared to I would say 2 until 10 years old. Not alot for adults but we had a great day watching our 2 year old have a blast.

didn't realize you were goin in May - temp should be great. There are several water features in the legoland park (not waterpark) that might be better suited for young kids.

didn't realize you were goin in May - temp should be great. There are several water features in the legoland park (not waterpark) that might be better suited for young kids.

This is what I was thinking, skip the water park and do the water features in LegoLand :)

The Legoland waterpark is AMAZING! We love it. My kids liked it much better than Blizzard Beach at WDW! They are 4 and 6.

The one thing is that all the "big" slides have a 42" min height requirement.

The kiddie area is great fun too though! It has three "mini" slides, a baby lazy river, and a huge shallow pool with squirting Lego animals It's great.

For the price, you can't beat it.

The "other" water area in the park (Buccaneer Bay?) is absolutely horrible for small kids. It's always complete chaos, there is nowhere handy to change clothes, etc.

The water park opens towards the END of May, though, so make sure it will be open when you go. It will likely be cold (highs tend to only get to the low 70's at that time of year). The water is well heated though. We went twice last summer and even in July, the day we went was only 68 degrees and cloudy! It was freezing, but the kids had a blast. :scared1:

We live in SD and have an annual pass. We have a 3.5 and 2 year old and they both love the water park. The water park is kind of divided into a young baby/toddler section and a young kid to adult section where some of the rides only allow kids and adult to ride due to height restrictions.

I'm confident to say that you guys will have fun. We took our 2 year old when he was about 1.5 and he loved it. There's a kiddie pool with a walk-in area kind of like a shoreline and then it goes to about 3.5 deep or so. There's also a couple of slides for toddlers and there's also a family slide where 4 people can slide down at the same time.

If you get tired of the water park, there's also a water area in the back where it's a bunch of water games. For example, there's this one ride where you sit in the car and ride around a track and random people in the park can use these water guns and shoot water at you. You can also shoot water back at them. There's also an area where the water shoots out of the ground like at some parks and some malls. I don't know about your kids but my kids go crazy over the water shooting up from the ground. I wouldn't worry about you guys not having fun as I'm sure there will be plenty to keep you busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter