Lego Cupcakes

jenrose66

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone. I want to make my son lego cupcakes to take to his class. I have never used fondant before and I don't have time to buy a lego mold online and wait for it to ship to me.

Does anyone have some ideas as to how to make a nice lego themed cupcake. I was thinking of making rice krispie treats, cutting them into brick shapes, adding mini m and m's for the bumps and covering in frosting (though that might be tedious).

Perhaps you could match the color of your frosting to the colors of the m & m's. Frost the bars first and then add the candy on top. Just an idea.

VickiV

You could frost the cup cakes with Lego basic colors (Red, Blue, Yellow) and then press a Lego brick/or Lego Person into each cup cake for the kids to have a small token to take home with them.
Ironically, I am making my son's birthday cake into Lego blocks by baking a sheet cake, cutting into Lego Blocks and adding a cup cake to make the posts, then I will frost them in the Lego colors.
Hopefully, you will come up with something fun.

I did Lego cupcakes for my son this year. I frosted each with blue icing as a base. Melt yellow chocolate disks. Dip regular size marshmallows in the choc. Pipe on the little Lego faces. Plop on top of the iced cupcake. I did the marshmallows the night before, and it relatively quick and easy! They were a huge hit!

I did Lego cupcakes for my son this year. I frosted each with blue icing as a base. Melt yellow chocolate disks. Dip regular size marshmallows in the choc. Pipe on the little Lego faces. Plop on top of the iced cupcake. I did the marshmallows the night before, and it relatively quick and easy! They were a huge hit!

Thanks for the idea! I will file that for a bake sale for the upcoming school year. For DS's birthday I ended up using white frosting and making colored lego chocolates using the silicon ice cube molds in brick and mini figure shapes.

Just do a search for lego cupcake ideas or lego cakes and great images can be found.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter