Leaving ship

Depending on your airline you could do on board check in. We fly Alaska airlines it was great set luggage out in the hall and saw it next in Seattle. Our flight left around 6pm and we did a day room at the Hyatt at MCO
Since OP is from Scotland, I doubt that onboard airline checkin is possible. It's only for domestic flights. Of course, they could be heading somewhere domestically, but probably not.

There is a place in Lake Buena Vista at some mall that has luggage hold services. I do not recall the name but just Google luggage hold lake Buena Vista mall maybe

No hotel is going to take your luggage for you if you are not a guest. (I'm not saying that someone might successfully sneak luggage into a bell-hop room; however, they won't be telling them that they never stayed at the hotel.) Don't understand why you just don't rent a car. Then you can go anywhere you want and keep the luggage in the car. If you've got a large group and a lot of luggage, rent a van. You'll save the money on the transfers from the port to the airport. A rental car will be MUCH cheaper than paying for the port to airport transfers and a day room at the airport.

We're World of Hyatt members and we've had Hyatt hold our bags for the day while we weren't currently staying there. This was in Argentina though, not sure if it matters.

hey. The day we leave the ship we don't have a flight until 6.30pm

Any ideas to what we could do that day as I don't really need to be at the airport till 4pm

I would still have valid tickets with universal studios, however where could I put the cases and would I have long here

Any ideas please let me no

Day room at the Hyatt? Tried it once. It was a huge success!

My experience is airlines will not allow passengers to check their luggage at the terminal more than four hours in advance.

So if I don’t want to drive getting a day room that am not going to use as I’ll be at universal is the only way I can get rid of my bags it seems

So if I don’t want to drive getting a day room that am not going to use as I’ll be at universal is the only way I can get rid of my bags it seems

@mousefan73 has you covered. There are companies that exist just for situations like yours.

Though, depending on what the bag storage service costs, a rental car could still be a viable option, even if you don't want to drive it. Once they give you the keys, and you lock your stuff in the trunk, who says you have to drive it anywhere? Still, the bag storage company is probably a better option, since it is probably cooler than the trunk of a car. Plus, they say they have free pickup and delivery of your bags, though maybe not from the port, maybe you have to get to Orlando/Universal first and have them pick up your bags there and take them to the airport for you? I don't know, but it is their business model, so they must have the details worked out.

Have a great trip!

We got off the Fantasy today and it was the worst debarkation we have experienced in more than 10 cruises. Because of the government shutdown, they had half as many Customs agents as they should. The line to get off the ship wound all over deck 3 and filled every corridor. It took us a full hour to get off the ship from the time we got in line on deck 3. Then we had to get our bags and wait in another line to go through Customs.

Because it took so long for everyone to get off the ship, the vans picking people up were totally backed up. It was a mess.

So if you are cruising and the government is still shutdown, plan on it taking a very long time to get off the ship!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter