Leaving HS after fantasmic.

BraveLittleToaster2

DIS Veteran
Planning on going to fantasmic on our trip. It is supposed to end before the fireworks.

When leaving to get back to SSR, how long would it take?

Am I better off taking a bus to DS and then walking back to SSR or just waiting for a bus directly to SSR?

I hate crowds and waiting for multiple buses as I will have young kids with me. Any opinions?

If you have young kids have you considered a Minnie Van? It might be difficult to get one at that time, but you could try. Uber/Lyft is an option too but not sure about car seats.

My DH likely won't pay for a Minnie van.

The walk from springs bus stop to SSR seems to be about 20 min which is a long time after a long day.

How long would it take me to get an SSR bus after fantasmic ends? 30 min or more?

If you have seen F! before,an option would be to leave the show about 5 minutes early and beat the crowds.

You would have to decide if watching the full show is worth the long bus wait.

The easiest option would be to remain in the park for 30 mins until the crowds thin. Taxis are also available. Minnievans might be harder to obtain at park exit.
The Star Wars fireworks will be letting out during that 30 min. period.
The crowds exiting DHS will remain high for quite some time following Fantasmic! and the Star Wars fireworks. All forms of transportation (including guests with their own cars) will be very busy.
It's just the nature of "closing time" at WDW.

The Star Wars fireworks will be letting out during that 30 min. period.
The crowds exiting DHS will remain high for quite some time following Fantasmic! and the Star Wars fireworks. All forms of transportation (including guests with their own cars) will be very busy.
It's just the nature of "closing time" at WDW.
Fantasmic is at 9:00 will let out around 9:25 fireworks at 9:30 let out at 9:45 by 10:00 - 10:15 it’s not hard to get out. I was there last week and left around 10 and had no trouble.

It might depend on when your going but last month it was crazy crowded at the buses. We ended up waiting about 30 minutes before we even got in line and it was another 20 or 30 minutes after that.
I did notice some resort stops were almost empty and others were packed so it could also depend on how many buses they have for each resort.
In December we're going to use lyft. Waiting for the buses after a long day is the one thing we hated and it's worth the money for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!