Leaving Disney hotel room unoccupied for one night in the middle of my stay

BingoJoe

Mouseketeer
We have two rooms at Wilderness Lodge for 14 days in August. We want to stay somewhere else for one night in the middle of the 14 days.

We intend to the leave most of our belongings in the room, but not sleep there for that one night.

I am sure this will be fine but sometimes Disney has odd security requirements.

Does anyone know of any potential problems with this?

We had 2 consecutive reservations (on and off) a couple of years ago. We were shocked when we showed up to CBR and they had thrown away all of our toiletries we left there (that was all that was left there, it was basically a napping, refresh, shower in the middle of the day since we have a special needs child and it was just easier plus some onsite benefits). I imagine if you have luggage there as well you will not run into this! Disney was very quick to actually "find" our disposed of items so they were all returned to us.

As long as you leave personal belongings inside the room there will be no issue whatsoever, personal belongings present validates that the room is occupied even if you are not physically inside the room.

I wouldn't say a word to them. Obviously 99.9% of Disney CMs are wonderful people, but why risk having one of the "bad apples" know that all your belongings will be in your room, unguarded, for an entire night?

No Cast Member is going to risk their job (and possibly get arrested) in order to steal something from a guest room. Anyone with the ability to enter guest rooms does so with a key card that can be tracked.

Quote-"No Cast Member is going to risk their job (and possibly get arrested) in order to steal something from a guest room. Anyone with the ability to enter guest rooms does so with a key card that can be tracked."
Just Google housekeepers arrested at Walt Disney World, and see what comes up. Don't say it can't happen, because even though it's probably a rare occurrence, it does happen. With WDW employing so many hotel cast members and the constant turnover, there could always be a bad apple amongst the employees.

I wouldn't say a word to them. Obviously 99.9% of Disney CMs are wonderful people, but why risk having one of the "bad apples" know that all your belongings will be in your room, unguarded, for an entire night?

You’re at no greater risk of having items stolen by being out of the room all night than you are being out all day.

I’d just mention it to the desk so they’re aware, but most likely, it isn’t necessary. In 30 yrs of staying on site, not once have we had anything taken. It’s nothing I’d worry about.

It seems like a waste of money to pay for a room you're not using for one night (especially two Deluxe rooms) but I guess you are paying for the convenience of not having to deal with resort hopping and the checking process. Am I correct?

Just out of curiosity, where is this place you're staying for one night? A Universal day perhaps?

We have done it multiple times without incident. Have never mentioned it to staff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!