leaving a package at front desk for friends?

jenniy122

DIS Veteran
On the day I check out, leaving POP in the morning, I have friends checking in later the same evening at POFQ. I was wondering if it's possible for me to leave a little surprise package/card for them, it's their birthday. I definitely wouldn't want to leave them something if they'd end up having to pay the package fee. Any ideas? Going through Disney Floral just isn't in my budget. TIA!!!

I can see no one is chiming in on this one. There's a couple ways I could think of to do this. I would mail them something c/o the resort that would arrive while they are there. Or, I would leave it with the bell hop at POFQ under their name, so they can pick it up. Or, I would go to the front desk at POFQ and see if they'll hold it, deliver to the room for you, or put it in a safe for them to pick up later. Good luck!

I can see no one is chiming in on this one. There's a couple ways I could think of to do this. I would mail them something c/o the resort that would arrive while they are there. Or, I would leave it with the bell hop at POFQ under their name, so they can pick it up. Or, I would go to the front desk at POFQ and see if they'll hold it, deliver to the room for you, or put it in a safe for them to pick up later. Good luck!

The only issue I could see with leaving it with bell services is usually you are given a claim stub that you have to present to get your stuff.

I have left a package at the front desk at both Pop and Port Orleans for friends. I just labeled them clearly and put their check in date on the package. Both were given their packages at check in.

The only issue I could see with leaving it with bell services is usually you are given a claim stub that you have to present to get your stuff.

There are often posts about people passing on Christmas trees at Disney resorts. I believe you leave the Christmas tree at Bell Services for the next guest when you check out. The next guest would not have a claim stub.

I have left a package at the front desk at both Pop and Port Orleans for friends. I just labeled them clearly and put their check in date on the package. Both were given their packages at check in.

We have done the same at POFQ for my parents — Left a gift basket at the front desk in the morning when we checked out, and it was given to them in the afternoon when they checked in. It made for a very nice surprise! That was five years ago, though, before room-ready texts and fees for package delivery/handling, so not sure how it works today. You could inquire at the front desk to be sure, and maybe prepay the package fee, if there is one. Quite possibly there is not, but I would ask just to be sure!

Just recently, my BIL left me bags of leftover groceries (not refrigerated). He texted me a picture of the claim check but it wasn't needed. this was at Pop. No charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!