Least Favorite Films

Bill007

Mouseketeer
I've seen a number of discussions here about favorite films, quotes etc., but I am just wondering what are some of people's least favorite animated films.

I'll start and go with 3 (in no particular order and forgive me if I offend anyone. This is just my opinion!):

Alice in Wonderland- As a kid I think I saw it once or twice and thought it was okay. But I watched it again a few weeks ago and thought, "This is just plain bizarre!" (As was the source material, I know). I also understand that Walt wasn't enthused about the idea either but was sort of pressured into making it. The animation was great but just the whole concept. No. I read somewhere that even the animators were asked afterwards, "What were you guys on?" I guess it flopped at the box office too. It's interesting how so many of the now classics were originally poorly received at the box office, including Pinocchio!

Fantasia: I love classical music, but with the exception of two or three sequences I thought it was just plain dull. The animation again was great but I just couldn't get into most of it. I did like "Night on Bald Mountain" and "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" of course.

Sleeping Beauty: Some good sequence like the dragon fight at the end and great animation but I just couldn't get interested in it. This was another original box office dud too from what I've read.

Again, just my opinion. Anyone else?

First of all...
Sleeping Beauty: Some good sequence like the dragon fight at the end and great animation but I just couldn't get interested in it. This was another original box office dud too from what I've read.

Blasphemy! It's one of my favorites! Okay, okay, I get that it's not for everyone.

I assume we're keeping it Disney here, and while I can usually fins something to like in all of them, I'll pitch a few:

Chicken Little: I was excited to see this since I thought the concept was cute. Unfortunately, the movie was grating, with irritating music and weird, untimely references. It get points for pioneering modern 3D, but we see how that's really worked out.

Sword in the Stone: It's okay, but the story seems disjointed. Much like Alice in Wonderland, it doesn't always follow a pattern. The boy gets turned into different things, and none of it really seems to impact the end. It's been a while since I've seen it, but it's not a favorite.

I can somewhat agree on Fantasia because it vacillates between brilliant and boring and as a whole is overly long. The same can be said of most of the "package" pictures that followed. You'd have some very good sequences and some that weren't, and as a whole they don't come together.

There are a couple more that I've actually never watched, mostly because they don't seem too good. Home on the Range, the newer Winnie the Pooh, and Fantasia 2000 come to mind (though I imagine that one suffers similarly to the original). One of these days I do plan to watch them.

Home on the Range and Chicken Little have been panned in general. I saw Chicken Little years ago and wasn't impressed either. Never saw Home on the Range. Doesn't appeal to me. I enjoy Sword in the Stone but am frustrated to no end every time I watch it because Wart's voice is inconsistent. From what I've read, 3 different boys did the voice. At times he sounds like a kid around 10 and at others a kid going through puberty! What the Hades was Disney thinking? Very poor decision making and editing on their part. It could have been among my favorites if it wasn't for that one annoying fact!

I forgot Chicken Little even existed until mentioned here. I have not seen Home on Range either.

I came here to say that I never really liked Alice in Wonderland much. I haven't watched it since the 90s, so maybe I should get a refresher, but it's one I've never had the urge to go back and watch.

I LOVE the live action adventure films for the 40's and 50's. This includes Disney, as well as others (anything with Maureen O'Hara I'm there!!).

However, I HATE Treasure Island. I want to love it, but it is so boring it puts my to sleep!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!