Learn from my lameness...

cryssi

<font color=blue>Kabocha<br><font color=green>Look
Ok, awhile ago I posted a blurry pic problem thread. Well, I have discovered that the solution is far simpler than we all think, and it is most DEFINITELY user error...

I know this is lame...

Make sure the setting on your digital P&S is set to "auto"...or "indoor" if you happen to be shooting indoors. My camera was set to "night" and I was shooting indoors. Yes, I know (hangs head in shame). Switched the setting this weekend and had no problems at all.

However, I believe the night setting was set for our wedding, which was outdoors at night, and we still had blurry photos, so I don't know about that setting... :confused3

So..."auto"...do not forget...

I know the feeling. I experienced that about 10 years ago when I took pictures a friends daughters birthday outing. I was so into trying to get the best angles and where I was standing and trying to capture the images while trying to stay un-noticed that I didn't pay attention to the camera settings.

My heart sank when I got the pictures back and the exposure was awful. Totally underexposed. Very embarassing. When I went to pick up the camera to find out the problem I had it set completely wrong. I don't remember how it was set, but I knew right away I totally screwed it up. Hard lesson learned.

I do that wrong setting thing all the time!

I like to experiment and try different things sometimes, but get carried away when a moment comes for a quick picture and snap away with the experimental setting still on, and say "DANG! I did it AGAIN!!" again.

Night settings use long exposure times are require a tripod usually. Not really good for people shots at all.

E.

I do that all the time because the dial is really easy to move without noticing. I kept checking it the entire time we were in Disney

elizke said:
I do that wrong setting thing all the time!

I like to experiment and try different things sometimes, but get carried away when a moment comes for a quick picture and snap away with the experimental setting still on, and say "DANG! I did it AGAIN!!" again.

Night settings use long exposure times are require a tripod usually. Not really good for people shots at all.

E.

yes, I suppose that's best left to professionals! LOL :)

Know what you mean! As the kids used to say, "been there, done that"!

I keep forgetting to turn off the flash when I want to keep my indoor settings natural looking. It's really helped me to look at the Owner's Manual every six months or so to pick up details I had forgotten about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter