Leadership Shake-Up

JacknSally

Rock on, gold dust woman · she/her
WDW Info - New Leadership Team Announced for Disney Parks

I didn't see a thread on this already - sorry if I missed it! I'm really hoping this is the main focus of tomorrow's show. I can't wait to hear the team's thoughts on all of these, especially Jeff Vahle taking over WDW, and the timing of it all happening right now.

I'm thrilled for Josh to take over this position, though I do kind of wish he'd been able to spend a little more time on WDW directly.

Wasn’t this pretty much what Pete predicted?

I’m sure he did predict Josh taking over parks, experiences, and products, though I don’t know if anyone expected it to happen so soon after he was put over WDW. I know a ton of people wanted it to happen!

Happy that Josh got the role but part of me wishes that he got more time to focus on just WDW

I don't know much about the new WDW president Jeff Vahle but he came from Disney Signature Experiences - so makes me think his focus will be on "upcharges" and guests that want that vs the "average guest"

Honestly more interested in Pete's take on him than anything else

I'm sure Pete is going to chat about it on today's podcast. His endless love for Josh is mentioned every 4th show! Can't wait!

http://disunplugged.com/2020/03/03/dis-unplugged-podcast-03-03-20-disney-world-show/
March 3 - Discussion starting around 6:00 on Chapek's promotion, and around 9:30 on Josh D'Amaro's future. Pete was spot on!

Yup, the writing was on the wall when Josh was put over WDW. Aside from the timing, I don’t think this move is a surprise to anyone at all! I also haven’t seen any complaints about this at all from any informed guests/fans or CMs, except for the laments of him not getting more time with WDW. That’s a great sign!

I'm sure Pete is going to chat about it on today's podcast. His endless love for Josh is mentioned every 4th show! Can't wait!

It is! Josh is wonderful so no surprise there!

I’m mostly curious to hear the team’s thoughts on all the other new presidents and division heads. Like Jeff Vahle - I don’t know much about him but he’s from signature experiences and has a history off upcharges and add-ons.Wonder if that almost guarantees we can expect more of that in WDW between him and Chapek, especially given the COVID revenue losses.

Last edited:
Truly asking does anyone have specific example of Josh’s impact on the business?

I guess I see people really drawn to him, and he is quite charming and people gush over him or say general things like CMs like him. Is there something specific he did either while at the helm of DL or WDW that’s been remarkable?

He has zoomed up the ladder so fast, I feel he is a bit unproven. It feels like we haven’t seen him take any idea from inception to implementation because he hasn’t stayed in a position long enough. I don’t feel like I know anything but the dapper guy on social media.

Like the entertainment cuts in March were blamed on Chapek, not Josh. I wish he could have spent more time leading DL and WDW before this promotion. I think he would have been a better leader for it.

Truly asking does anyone have specific example of Josh’s impact on the business?

I guess I see people really drawn to him, and he is quite charming and people gush over him or say general things like CMs like him. Is there something specific he did either while at the helm of DL or WDW that’s been remarkable?

He has zoomed up the ladder so fast, I feel he is a bit unproven. It feels like we haven’t seen him take any idea from inception to implementation because he hasn’t stayed in a position long enough. I don’t feel like I know anything but the dapper guy on social media.

Like the entertainment cuts in March were blamed on Chapek, not Josh. I wish he could have spent more time leading DL and WDW before this promotion. I think he would have been a better leader for it.

I can't say that much about the business side but I have read many things about how he made the working conditions for CMs better (even in his short time at WDW he was working on improving their lounges and break areas and stuff) - just everyone that talsk to him thinks he cares about the parks and what makes them special (the people, etc.) and put into place measure to improve that - so for "Disney Park Fans" that all sounds really good - especially compared to like Chapek who came from the consuper products side and seems more like "how do we get the quick buck" vs improving the experience even if harder to see direct impact to bottom line

I hear you on this one. Experience matters, and while it appears he has gotten his feet wet throughout the organization, what has he specifically done to get on the fast track? He appears to have the "it" factor where people gravitate to him, but can he lead the organization at the top level? I guess time will tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!