Le Cellier....

My husband and I just ate here recently, we really enjoyed it! We shared the porterhouse for two, it was really good and the sides were as well. The desserts were amazing!!! We got the Blueberry cheesecake, its one of my favorites at Disney! The only downside is how close the tables are together. But we love Le Cellier and will continue to go!

Le Cellier is one of our must do eateries. We have had wonderful food and service there.

We tried Yatchsman Steakhouse for Father's day last year and it was a bad experience. We had a bad server and our steaks were not cooked properly. I have not heard of many complaints about this restaurant, but ours was bad enough that we will not go back.

I think people came down on Le Cellier as soon as they started requiring 2 TS credits instead of 1; I think criticism is WAY overblown. We've been going to Le Cellier nearly every trip over 22-ish trips and 12-ish years, and have always enjoyed our meals here. No issues with inconsistency or rude service -- ever, really.

To give you a frame of reference on us, while in WDW we eat at everything from Sci-Fi to V&A. When at home or on vacation we eat at everything from Z-Burger to Nobu! We have different expectations depending on the restaurant. Le Cellier is solid for the WDW price point, IMO. Don't be afraid. :)

I was just there in December.. my third visit to the restaurant. I love it. I always say I’m going to try something different, but never do... can’t resist the fillet with risotto. Both appetizers are good, althought I usually get the mussels. I think the refreshment building before entering canada now serves the soup as an option... you better research that.. I could be dreaming! Haha. But I know someone will correct me. Haha.
And I totally get what you’re saying about not wanting to leave the parks. I’ve eaten at both Yatchmans and Shulas. Both are great options as well. Heck, I think one of the best underrated steaks is at Coral Reef. (Don’t yell at me ppl.. I’m not saying it’s on par with the other places mentioned. :rotfl:) I think LC is a good experience. =)

We typically book here every other trip and have never had a complaint. I think for us it's just knowing what the strengths and weaknesses are (from experience and research) of any WDW restaurant. The soup is fantastic, as is the pretzel bread, they have some really nice menu options and the crime brûlée is also superb.

I don’t much to say that hasn’t been said already. The place has some tasty recipes, but it’s not worth the prices they charge. The service by college interns is flat out poor at that price level.

Right now—and I hope it lasts—you can get the cheese soup at the Refreshment Port.

FYI to the OP—a Porterhouse steak is a cross section of the beef rib that includes filet mignon on one side of the bone and strip steak on the other. It is my favorite steak and easy to grill at home.

We had a decent meal there on Monday (we just got home). I was more disappointed with the menu. My husband wanted the porterhouse, but it was only for two with lots of heavy sides. I was not up for being his second...so we both got the ribeye meals with fingerling potatoes and wilted spinach. I like the ribeye cut, he doesn't so he was disappointed. My daughter's filet looked great and she said it was very good. The tables seemed to have a good amount of space between them (more than many other places on disney property IMO) however it is a pricey place and if you have other steak options that are better on property, you might want to check them out. I love the cave/wine cellar feeling in there, especially in the summer when it is so hot out. Gives a nice break. My server was very good, she seem to have been trained well even though she was young. I also like not having to leave the park sometimes!

Good luck in your choice!!

So I've been going on Trip Advisor to read recent reviews of all of our restaurant picks for our trip in a few weeks. Almost everything we've chosen gets pretty high praise. The one that i'm seeing the most negative reviews on though, is Le Cellier. This is a little surprising to me. I figured this was going to be the most expensive meal we ate. Is that the real issue? People expect really high end for the money being paid? Or is the food really bad or inconsistent? I see lots of reviews of over/undercooked steaks and rude or indifferent service. Kinda has me worried about this pick. The only reason I avoided Yachtsman was because we'll be at Epcot all day, and I don't quite feel comfortable going into a more fancy restaurant potentially all sweaty and in shorts and a tshirt!

Can anyone who has eaten here recently chime in and put my mind at ease? Also, what is the recommendation as far as what steak to pick? I am usually a ribeye guy, but the sides seem a little weird to me that they put with it. The maple-butter sounds intriguing though.
The Porterhouse sounds more traditional, and given all the sides they include, it seems to be a better value for the money. I've never had a Porterhouse though.

Also, if you were picking between the cheddar soup, or the signature poutine as an appetizer, which one would you pick? I'd love to get both, but I have a hard time swallowing over $20 on just appetizers given what the cost of the rest of the meal will be!

We ate at Le Cellier during our Aug 2017 trip so not that long ago. It was our most disappointing meal. I sadly picked it based on our estimated location in Epcot during lunch time, next time I won't do that. I think the food is average and the theming IMO is not anything different than a Capital Grill or Morton's steakhouse. It's not up to my standards when I think of WDW theming and unique dining. Yes, our server was from Manitoba and we learned a little about the bread, but beyond that it was not unique at all. We had both the cheddar soup and signature poutine. The soup is good but its' very heavy, as is the poutine. It's a beer based cheddar, kind of reminds me of melting pot fondue, but good. The poutine was so overly salty, the four of us (two adults, two kids) couldn't even finish it. We had lunch there, so my husband did the burger, I had a bite of it, nothing special and definitely not worth the cost. I had a pear salad/bleu cheese appetizer and it was pretty good. Daughter had the mac and cheese, which had no flavor and my other daughter got the cheddar soup. Thankfully the pretzel and sourdough bread was good enough to fill us up. So for one adult meal, one kids meal and the rest soup and apps, we spent $75 w/tip- which is a horrible waste. The food wasn't bad, just not worth the money IMO for the atmosphere and quality. There are so many other better restaurants at Epcot but if you want to give it a whirl, go for it. For us, we would not go back.

So I've been going on Trip Advisor to read recent reviews of all of our restaurant picks for our trip in a few weeks. Almost everything we've chosen gets pretty high praise. The one that i'm seeing the most negative reviews on though, is Le Cellier. This is a little surprising to me. I figured this was going to be the most expensive meal we ate. Is that the real issue? People expect really high end for the money being paid? Or is the food really bad or inconsistent? I see lots of reviews of over/undercooked steaks and rude or indifferent service. Kinda has me worried about this pick. The only reason I avoided Yachtsman was because we'll be at Epcot all day, and I don't quite feel comfortable going into a more fancy restaurant potentially all sweaty and in shorts and a tshirt!

Can anyone who has eaten here recently chime in and put my mind at ease? Also, what is the recommendation as far as what steak to pick? I am usually a ribeye guy, but the sides seem a little weird to me that they put with it. The maple-butter sounds intriguing though.
The Porterhouse sounds more traditional, and given all the sides they include, it seems to be a better value for the money. I've never had a Porterhouse though.

Also, if you were picking between the cheddar soup, or the signature poutine as an appetizer, which one would you pick? I'd love to get both, but I have a hard time swallowing over $20 on just appetizers given what the cost of the rest of the meal will be!

We go there every time we visit WDW. I've had the strip steak and it was just okay. The best is the filet. If you don't like the sides they are VERY nice about substitutions. So go for your ribeye. We always go with shorts. You'll get a chance to cool down in the waiting area. You won't be alone in casual attire.

We ate there in December and it was disappointing. I know Disney prices are inflated, but the quality of the raved about filet was on par with a $20-25 steak in the outside world. It wasn't bad or anything like that, but definitely overrated. My husband's steak was not cooked properly. That's a huge no-no. You shouldn't be charging $54 for a steak if you can't get medium rare done correctly. Some of the appetizers and sides we got were good as were the cocktails. The poutine was just OK. While not best steak of my life, Yachtsman will be our choice for steaks on future trips. LC's service was decent, so that was good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!