Le Cellier & Liberty Tree Tavern welcome back to the list...

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
It has been a while since we dined at either of the above mention restaurants. They both redeemed themselves since our last visit and are happy to add them back onto our "list"

Let's start with Le Cellier -

We arrived on time and were told that they were running around 20 to 30 minutes behind which had been one of the problems and among other reasons we had taken them off our list. We only waited about 10 minutes, we were a party of 2. Once seated, we were greeted in a appropriate amount of time, we ordered 2 adult beverages, and set about figuring out what we were going to eat. Our drinks did take a while to get a someone other than our server brought them to us. Once he returned and was very apologetic about the timing, which we really did not see as a big deal. We decided to share an appetizer and ordered " From the Larder" which was cured meats, cheese and accompaniment's, which I have to say was very nicely done and was what we considered a perfect amount to share. I ordered the "Poulet Rouge Coq Au vin" it was a roulade of herb chicken, along with some potatoes and veggies in this sauce that was so good, I would have like a bit more sauce but I prefer a bit more sauce, the portion was huge and it was absolutely just beautiful on the plate. Taste was as good as it looked, chicken was very moist and veggie cooked just done, I had to have a to go box and it was my lunch the next day. DH went with " Black Angus Ribeye, he was very happy with his choice, it was a nice size steak and was quite tasty. We were quite full but pushed on and shared dessert, Which we decided on the Nanaimo Cake - I was concerned as it came with Coconut ice cream and I am allergic to coconut but he assured me that vanilla ice was available and was true so not problems in this area. The cake was quite good, but could have used some more raspberries which is a preference and does not reflect on the cake itself. Overall a solid meal, and great service.

Up next " Liberty Tree Tavern"

We went for lunch, there were 3 of us DH, DGS(2) and me... This restaurant has been off the radar for quite a while, due to the fact we had an absolute terrible meal and service several years ago. We were seated in under 10 minutes. We shared the Crab, Artichoke and Spinach dip which was surprisingly good and we love that bread was given, instead of chips or crackers. DH went with the Burger and it was not a typical Disney burger, it was really quite tasty and the fries were good well, just enough salt. I went with the Fish and Chips, both were served hot, the coleslaw was terrible, tasted like pure vinegar. We order mac and cheese for the little guy... and I was shocked the size of the bowl it was a huge, and DGS dug right in and ate quite a bit... Honestly 2 small kiddos could have shared the bowl, the meal included, a dessert and drink so we went with the apple slices, again a whole bowl of them, and more than enough for 2 small kiddos. Our server was timely and took great care of us. Overall a solid meal, including good service..

So they are welcomed back to our "list"

At Le Cellier did you have any issues at all on the cooking? We dropped Le Cellier because during out 2012 trip the waitress argued with my then 12 year old daughter that she did not want a steak rare (she and I are serious carnivores). That and the 90 minute wait we had made me drop it from our list. Glad to hear you had a great time.

At Le Cellier did you have any issues at all on the cooking? We dropped Le Cellier because during out 2012 trip the waitress argued with my then 12 year old daughter that she did not want a steak rare (she and I are serious carnivores). That and the 90 minute wait we had made me drop it from our list. Glad to hear you had a great time.

We did not have any issue with the cooking DH steak was cooked as he requested, just before medium rare. I will say that the table next to us was giving the server quite a hard time and wanted the steak brown on the inside... no pink or color completely brown... like the outside of the steak, and requested it butterflied so it would be done. The table are quite close and she was loud... She sent it back around 4 times... it looked like the soul of a shoe the last time they brought it out... then she complained that it was tough... she ate it and complained to the manager at the end of the meal.... that she had to send her steak back 4 times to get it done enough, and it was still tough... so I don't think that it was the kitchens fault. I think that the other guest could not be satisfied, even the manager suggested that they try another entrée.

We did not have any issue with the cooking DH steak was cooked as he requested, just before medium rare. I will say that the table next to us was giving the server quite a hard time and wanted the steak brown on the inside... no pink or color completely brown... like the outside of the steak, and requested it butterflied so it would be done. The table are quite close and she was loud... She sent it back around 4 times... it looked like the soul of a shoe the last time they brought it out... then she complained that it was tough... she ate it and complained to the manager at the end of the meal.... that she had to send her steak back 4 times to get it done enough, and it was still tough... so I don't think that it was the kitchens fault. I think that the other guest could not be satisfied, even the manager suggested that they try another entrée.
Might have to give Le Cellier another change, thanks for the info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter