LAX Hotel

mickeyfan0805

DIS Veteran
I will be flying into LAX with my 3 kids (14, 13, 10) just after midnight on Christmas night (technically the morning of 12/26). We will drive down to pick up my wife, who will be flying into San Diego, the next day. I've only used LAX a couple of times, and it's been quite a while. Are there any hotels that are connected to the airport itself? Would I be better off getting a rental car and driving to one of the hotels that late at night? Should I just use catch a shuttle to a local airport and then return the next day to get a car? What would you do?

There are no hotels connected to the airport itself, but there are many very close which operate 24 hour shuttles. We usually stay at the Hilton when we have early flights out and have always been happy with it - frequent, clean shuttles to/from the airport in about 5 minutes.

We just stayed at the Homewood Suites at LAX and really liked it. It was so quiet and the shuttle picks you up right out of baggage claim.

We like the Sheraton Gateway (Starbucks in the lobby -- yay!). They have a shuttle, too. Do you have loyalty points with any hotel chain? This would be a good time to use a free night.

As an FYI the rental car location are located off the airport so if you stay close to your rental agency you could maybe walk or if a bit away catch an Uber to the location in the AM. I am not sure about the LAX hotels but if you rent it the night before you may have to pay to park at the hotel.

We are doing the opposite of you. We are staying at LAX the night before our flight home. So I will return the rental at night so we don't have to deal with it in the AM and pay for a night's parking.

I am not sure about the LAX hotels but if you rent it the night before you may have to pay to park at the hotel.

Thanks - this is what I am finding. $40 to park a car overnight. So, yes, we will pick it up in the AM.

We are pretty loyal to the Hilton brands when we can be, so I'm leaning towards the LAX Hilton at this point.

We stood at the Hilton the night before we left and it worked out well. There was a Hertz desk in the lobby and we were able to return our car there when we arrived. You should look into that to see if you could rent right from there? If not the hotel has a shuttle to the airport. The next morning you can take the shuttle there and then pick up a shuttle to whichever car rental place you choose. They were all in the same area I believe.

Here are some of the hotels mentioned above. They are pretty close to the airport. You can also Uber if you want to. Other hotels, though not on the same street, are very close, and in quieter area. Keep in mind that there is construction going on, so give yourself plenty of time to get from the hotel to the airport when you're ready to fly out.

I recommend the Embassy Suites directly across from the LAX.
And you can walk down the street aways to actually enjoy flight arrivals and departures with the locals that have been known to sit all day watching and documenting flights. So much fun walk out doors and turn to left for a short walk. Be sure to ask at front desk to verify because this was about 5 years ago.
Not sure I would do this at night time but felt safe in daylight. I did walk back in early evening with no fears.

Thanks all. We ended up booking the Embassy Suites south. A bit further away, but still quite close and a better deal. We need nothing but 3 beds to crash in at 1:30am and breakfast before we pick up the car in the morning, so it should suffice.

Thanks all. We ended up booking the Embassy Suites south. A bit further away, but still quite close and a better deal. We need nothing but 3 beds to crash in at 1:30am and breakfast before we pick up the car in the morning, so it should suffice.

I just stayed at the Embassy Suites South for a night each at the start and end of a trip and highly recommend it. Nice rooms, decent happy hour and breakfast and prompt airport shuttles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!