laundry

disdad19

Earning My Ears
We're going for a split stay this week...studios at VGF and then Poly. This will be our first stay as members, so please forgive my ignorance.

I understand there are laundry rooms we can use for free as a member perk. What type of detergent do we need to bring or is that all provided? Would a few of the normal high efficiency pods do the trick or are the washers and dryers not standard sizes?

If they do provide detergent for us, is the amount the provide sufficient to do several loads?

Thanks!

We stay in the studios at VGF. They provide enough detergent for one load, but they do sell more in the laundry room. We usually bring our own HE pods and they work just fine. There are 2 washers and 4 dryers (all standard size.) There's also a TV and a small sitting area, but I just usually leave my clothes in there and come back when they are done. It's not very busy.

FWIW, and I'm just saying this for the sake of future people reading this, laundry's not a "member perk." Anyone in a DVC studio - cash, points, renter, white card, blue card, no card - can use the DVC laundry room using their Magic Band. It's technically a "room amenity."

FWIW, and I'm just saying this for the sake of future people reading this, laundry's not a "member perk." Anyone in a DVC studio - cash, points, renter, white card, blue card, no card - can use the DVC laundry room using their Magic Band. It's technically a "room amenity."

Thanks for clarifying. I guess I meant it is a benefit of the DVC studio that we never used to get when we stayed in cash hotel rooms. I was using perk in the generic sense, not the DVC sense. And I believe it isn't really a perk either since I assume member dues are what are paying for it. So we are paying for the laundry, but once a year instead of when we actually do the laundry.

Thanks for clarifying. I guess I meant it is a benefit of the DVC studio that we never used to get when we stayed in cash hotel rooms. I was using perk in the generic sense, not the DVC sense. And I believe it isn't really a perk either since I assume member dues are what are paying for it. So we are paying for the laundry, but once a year instead of when we actually do the laundry.

Yeah. It's just weird these days because of the "Membership Extras!" and perks and blah blah.

We're going for a split stay this week...studios at VGF and then Poly. This will be our first stay as members, so please forgive my ignorance.

I understand there are laundry rooms we can use for free as a member perk. What type of detergent do we need to bring or is that all provided? Would a few of the normal high efficiency pods do the trick or are the washers and dryers not standard sizes?

If they do provide detergent for us, is the amount the provide sufficient to do several loads?

Thanks!
As far as I know they only provide laundry detergent in the rooms with the washers/dryers (1/2/3 bedrooms)-they provide 1 box of free and clear laundry powder that they should refill on trash and towel day. We always bring our own detergent--I have some 3 in 1 sheets that I bought years ago that we save for travelling--we usually cut them in half as most motels/hotels have smaller washers than at home. Bringing some HE pods would be fine!

FWIW, my advice is to do laundry at the VGF if you can. There is only one laundry room for all 360 studios at the Poly (in Moorea), so it will probably be busier there and may not be convenient depending on your room's location.

FWIW, my advice is to do laundry at the VGF if you can. There is only one laundry room for all 360 studios at the Poly (in Moorea), so it will probably be busier there and may not be convenient depending on your room's location.

Thanks for the advice!

We usually stay at Boardwalk in studios. My recollection is they have 3 washers.
They are very busy. There is no detergent provided in a studio. We pack a few tide it gain pods in our toiletries bag and those seem to work fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter