Laundry Room(s?) at Boardwalk Inn/Villas Question, Please

Dizzytime

DIS Veteran
We're looking forward to our first stay at the Board Inn in a few weeks, and despite all we've researched we're still not clear on the laundry room situation.
I thought I read there are two laundry rooms at the Boardwalk, one by the 3rd floor elevators for the Inn side (us), and another (free?) laundry room for the Villa side..somewhere near the pool, maybe?
I checked Laundryview.com (anyone else use it? it was great to have when we stayed at BC!), and they only show one laundry room, at Boardwalk Villas that has only 3 washers and 3 dryers total, so a LOT fewer than BC's two laundry rooms. Makes me worry a little, but maybe I'm not finding something?
We're lucky enough to have a nice 13 night stay, so laundry is in the picture! hah!
Sure appreciate anyone who could help set me straight on this.
Thanks a lot!
:goodvibes

Back in July, I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn. My room was 3285, right next to the laundry room. I never saw anyone using it. So, it's there.....

More thoughts on this. Perhaps they only have one laundry room because guests at deluxe resorts take advantage of the valet laundry service.

I've never used it at Disney, but I have at higher end hotels. Doesn't save money, but it does save the hassle.

I used it on the Inn side in August, 3rd floor right by elevator. It had a wheeled cart you could take to and from your room. I am not sure about villas.

We're looking forward to our first stay at the Board Inn in a few weeks, and despite all we've researched we're still not clear on the laundry room situation.
I thought I read there are two laundry rooms at the Boardwalk, one by the 3rd floor elevators for the Inn side (us), and another (free?) laundry room for the Villa side..somewhere near the pool, maybe?
I checked Laundryview.com (anyone else use it? it was great to have when we stayed at BC!), and they only show one laundry room, at Boardwalk Villas that has only 3 washers and 3 dryers total, so a LOT fewer than BC's two laundry rooms. Makes me worry a little, but maybe I'm not finding something?
We're lucky enough to have a nice 13 night stay, so laundry is in the picture! hah!
Sure appreciate anyone who could help set me straight on this.
Thanks a lot!
:goodvibes

There is definitely a laundry room on the 3rd floor of Inn Side with 4 washers and 6 dryers. There is also another one on the Villas Side, near Muscles and Bustles that has 2 washers and 3 dryers. The one on the Villa side is free for those staying in a Villa. I have never seen anyone else doing laundry in either of these rooms during our stays and I always do at least one load per trip.

DH has done laundry on the Inn side. Sorry that website is incorrect for this resort at least. Maybe they only list DVC properties?

If you are staying in a villa, you can use the laundry room on the BWV side. If you are staying in an Inn room, you use the laundry room on the Inn side. Your magic band will not open the door to the laundry room on the villa side if you are staying in an Inn room.

From the Disney Website:
Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services

Enjoy a 24-hour self-service laundry room near the 3rd-floor elevators, as well as dry-cleaning and valet laundry services.

Really appreciate all the replies. Now know I was pretty much right about there being two laundry rooms, even if only the Boardwalk Villas facility showed up on the Laundryview app/website. If you haven't used it, it's wonderful thing that allows you to pick a location and then see if there is a free washer or dryer. And if you're using a washer or dryer, you can check the site to see how much time left before it's finished. Genius!, and we and used it a lot when we last stayed at the Beach Club. There, the app showed the two Beach Club Resort laundry rooms, and also another listing for the BCV (I think).
Knowing the info you all passed along, especially that there's recently been 4 washers and 6 dryers in the BWI section (thanks dansdad!) will make us not only have to pack less, but also sleep a little better before we leave. So thanks for that, and hope you all are having a magical day!

I've found laundryview to be unreliable. I was at Polynesian last year, it said washers were open in the DVC laundry room, I walked over from another building and all were in use, plus people were waiting. I checked it again, it still showed open.

Another time at Boardwalk Villas, I put laundry in and walked back to my room (above Big River). I checked it a little while later and it showed it was open. I walked all the way back and it was still running.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter